Syracuse at UVA Saturday 2 pm

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Finster

Syracuse at UVA Saturday 2 pm

Post by Finster »

I’m probably the only one interested in this game so this thread might be premature on Tuesday lol. But I’m looking forward to seeing the young Cuse squad take on UVA at Klockner Saturday!! I’ll be above the grass or ringside.

I think it’s an uphill battle of course, and we are likely to struggle at Faceoff, but stranger things have happened.

At the end of the day, I just want the team to hustle til the last whistle and play their hearts out for the traveling Syracuse fans, which will show in force.

LFG!!!
DocBarrister

Re: Syracuse at UVA Saturday 2 pm

Post by DocBarrister »

Finster wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:59 am I’m probably the only one interested in this game so this thread might be premature on Tuesday lol. But I’m looking forward to seeing the young Cuse squad take on UVA at Klockner Saturday!! I’ll be above the grass or ringside.

I think it’s an uphill battle of course, and we are likely to struggle at Faceoff, but stranger things have happened.

At the end of the day, I just want the team to hustle til the last whistle and play their hearts out for the traveling Syracuse fans, which will show in force.

LFG!!!
Hopkins fans are very interested … we need Syracuse to keep improving their RPI to benefit the Blue Jays!

DocBarrister ;)

P.S. Should also be a good game.
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

If Syracuse wins out, and the Jays lose out, and some unexpected teams win their conference championships, there is a (slim) possiblity that the Jays will be bubble-out, and then we don't want Syracuse to be bubble-in.

I think the discussion was in the bracketolgy thread.
Last edited by 44WeWantMore on Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

This game will be another 4-3 snooze fest, with the usual endless passing the ball around and passive defensemen...... :D
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

If you have not had a chance to watch them yet - this young Cuse man up group is so much fun to watch. Great ball movement and great shooting. They are nearly at 60% on man up.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:41 pm If you have not had a chance to watch them yet - this young Cuse man up group is so much fun to watch. Great ball movement and great shooting. They are nearly at 60% on man up.
Better hope for a slew of Wahoo penalties then..
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:33 pm If Syracuse wins out, and the Jays lose out, and some unexpected teams win their conference championships, there is a (slim) possiblity that the Jays will be bubble-out, and then we don't want Syracuse to be bubble-in.

I think the discussion was in the bracketolgy thread.
Jays fans should hold their noses and root for Syracuse to keep winning so they stay as a top 20 RPI win. That could come in handy when it's time to pick the top 8 seeds. You want all the quality wins you can get. Especially because other top 20 wins (e.g. Utah) can't be counted on to stay as top 20 wins. The *extremely* slim, bordering on non-existent scenario of Hop being bubble out would probably involve Cuse falling out of the top 20 and costing the Jays one of their quality wins. IF Cuse makes a run toward the bubble it will come at the expense of a team like North Carolina or Rutgers.

I'd be shocked if Cuse can pull off the upset in this one at Klockner with the Hoos coming off a tough loss. Think they'll have a better chance the following week vs. Duke.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

I'm taking UVA over Cuse 17-12
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Finster wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:59 am I’m probably the only one interested in this game so this thread might be premature on Tuesday lol. But I’m looking forward to seeing the young Cuse squad take on UVA at Klockner Saturday!! I’ll be above the grass or ringside.

LFG!!!
UVA is not a great matchup for Syracuse for a couple of reasons with LaSalla and UVA's midfield being the two most glaring. If Phaup was still playing I'd give SU a punchers chance but I think SU matches up a lot better with Duke (saved for the X) then they do UVA. I wouldn't be surprised if UVA got out to a big early lead unfortunately.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:38 pm I'm taking UVA over Cuse 17-12
Do you know the officiating crew?

cause, if you're betting, without that knowledge.........better to hit a dispensary, money wasted, better.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Finster

Post by Finster »

JeremyCuse wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:41 am

LFG!!!
UVA is not a great matchup for Syracuse for a couple of reasons with LaSalla and UVA's midfield being the two most glaring. If Phaup was still playing I'd give SU a punchers chance but I think SU matches up a lot better with Duke (saved for the X) then they do UVA. I wouldn't be surprised if UVA got out to a big early lead unfortunately.

I truly can’t buy good weather for any game I attend this year. Rain in the forecast. Again. Ugh.

Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing the game. Maybe the rain will help neutralize Lasalla a bit.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:59 pm

LFG!!!

I truly can’t buy good weather for any game I attend this year. Rain in the forecast. Again. Ugh.

Oh well. Still looking forward to seeing the game. Maybe the rain will help neutralize Lasalla a bit.
word is they're looking at moving the game time, so be on the lookout and be prepared if you're travelling on sat.
JHU69

Post by JHU69 »

Tomorrow 04/22 0.76 in
Rain. Thunderstorms possible...mainly in the afternoon. High 68F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%.
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:10 pm
Finster wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:59 pm

LFG!!!

word is they're looking at moving the game time, so be on the lookout and be prepared if you're travelling on sat.

Thanks. An earlier start than 2 wouldn’t be the worst thing, for me anyway. Not sure how the players would like it. I’m guessing the start will be moved to noon. I don’t know how Cuse can get airborne after the game because I hear the winds will be bad as well.

I can’t buy good weather this season.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

carc and cotter on the game. the lacrosse gods are continuing to punish me for something i did in a previous life.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:28 am carc and cotter on the game. the lacrosse gods are continuing to punish me for something i did in a previous life.
wgdsr you're in Cville correct?

Any updates with weather/game time?

Thanks
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:46 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:28 am carc and cotter on the game. the lacrosse gods are continuing to punish me for something i did in a previous life.

Thanks
The game time will remain at 2 pm. There'll be rain before, probably during, and thunderstorms after.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Gatsby wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:15 am

Thanks
The game time will remain at 2 pm. There'll be rain before, probably during, and thunderstorms after.
Thanks

Hearing/reading different things
Finster

Post by Finster »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:30 am

Thanks
Thanks

We are on the way from DC, 45 minutes away now. UVA Twitter says 2 pm.

Got rain gear and umbrellas. Man, I can’t wait to see Cuse. I’ve already seen UVA three times in person this year, so I know them okay. This weather can be a neutralizer. Let’s see.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Finster wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:17 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:30 am

Thanks
Thanks

We are on the way from DC, 45 minutes away now. UVA Twitter says 2 pm.

Got rain gear and umbrellas. Man, I can’t wait to see Cuse. I’ve already seen UVA three times in person this year, so I know them okay. This weather can be a neutralizer. Let’s see.
get ready for at least 10-15 minutes of crazy soon on the road.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”