Taking a break from the forum

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Taking a break from the forum

Post by cradleandshoot »

I decided now is the time to take a break from this forum. It is nothing earth shattering. My long suffering left shoulder is finally going to have those rotator cuff tears taken care of. That is meaningless to me right now. My friend and nextdoor neighbor was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 1 month ago. He wanted to die at home. That didn't happen. I'll be back eventually. This old man is hurting right now.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Taking a break from the forum

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:56 am I decided now is the time to take a break from this forum. It is nothing earth shattering. My long suffering left shoulder is finally going to have those rotator cuff tears taken care of. That is meaningless to me right now. My friend and nextdoor neighbor was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 1 month ago. He wanted to die at home. That didn't happen. I'll be back eventually. This old man is hurting right now.
Take care of all.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:56 am I decided now is the time to take a break from this forum. It is nothing earth shattering. My long suffering left shoulder is finally going to have those rotator cuff tears taken care of. That is meaningless to me right now. My friend and nextdoor neighbor was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer 1 month ago. He wanted to die at home. That didn't happen. I'll be back eventually. This old man is hurting right now.
I don’t know your neighbor’s situation but Stage 4 cancer isn’t always terminal. Treatment options may depend on how far it has spread. My brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer and I told my sisters that you have to wait to see what that means in his case. Turns out it had spread from one spot on one lung to a spot on his other lung. He has received radiation treatment and we will see how it goes but everything has been in his favor so far. He’s been lucky. Keeping our fingers crossed and good luck to your friend.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Very sorry to hear this. I had the shoulder surgery on two cuffs a few years ago. You'll get through that and you'll be attentive to the physical therapy, if only because your boss will see to it that you keep up.

We are at a time of our lives when we are seeing more and more of our friends with serious illness. It is just tough, and all yo can do is what you already do: be a good friend, lend an ear, help the spouse who is trying to maintain their lives in a semblance of normality. We argue a lot, you and I, but that is part of the forum here. Hang in there old friend.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I know Cradle won't see this since he hates my guts and has me on ignore (allegedly). So someone tell him that I do wish him well, despite all.

For myself, I just had a medical exam. Blood pressure still shoots upward high but is largely stabilized. Pulse actually quite good. Doctor says she can readily tell that I was an athlete in my youth as the pulse remains very strong. A serious skin rash that looked deadly turned out to be treatable. But there's nothing else she can do about my arthritis - will be stuck with it for the rest of my life. Ohhh my aching back. As for the nocturnal seizures, well, that will be the death of me eventually. Meantime, it's back to the kitchen for some delightful solace .....
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:44 am
I don’t know your neighbor’s situation but Stage 4 cancer isn’t always terminal. Treatment options may depend on how far it has spread. My brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer and I told my sisters that you have to wait to see what that means in his case. Turns out it had spread from one spot on one lung to a spot on his other lung. He has received radiation treatment and we will see how it goes but everything has been in his favor so far. He’s been lucky. Keeping our fingers crossed and good luck to your friend.
My neighbor passed away the day before I posted this.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:20 pm
Really sorry to hear that. I spoke with my brother yesterday. His stage 4 lung cancer is completely cleared and no damage from radiation. He was so lucky. One or my sisters thought it was over when he got the initial diagnosis….I told her to wait and see….you never know. My mother passed away from lung cancer in 2018.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Take care, cradle.

DocB
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:43 pm
Really sorry to hear that. I spoke with my brother yesterday. His stage 4 lung cancer is completely cleared and no damage from radiation. He was so lucky. One or my sisters thought it was over when he got the initial diagnosis….I told her to wait and see….you never know. My mother passed away from lung cancer in 2018.
Leslie was a great guy. he was meticulous about his yard. we chatted often about alot of things. his go to refrain was " you got that right" He was a year younger than me. He wanted to retire and travel. My wife and i have the same goal.. retire and travel. The only thing i know is don't put your dreams on hold. His wife said he was sick for a long time, he just never told anybody. When he stopped eating his nightly bowl of ice cream she knew something was wrong. He passed away less than a month after he was diagnosed. I will miss his gentle nature and wisdom. i only hope that in his memory i can become a better person. I will miss sharing my tomatoes from the garden with him. I will miss the peaches from his tree, most of all i will miss him dearly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Leslie was a great guy. he was meticulous about his yard. we chatted often about alot of things. his go to refrain was " you got that right" He was a year younger than me. He wanted to retire and travel. My wife and i have the same goal.. retire and travel. The only thing i know is don't put your dreams on hold. His wife said he was sick for a long time, he just never told anybody. When he stopped eating his nightly bowl of ice cream she knew something was wrong. He passed away less than a month after he was diagnosed. I will miss his gentle nature and wisdom. i only hope that in his memory i can become a better person. I will miss sharing my tomatoes from the garden with him. I will miss the peaches from his tree, most of all i will miss him dearly.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:54 am
Very sorry to hear this, old friend. And "you got that right:" don't put the dream stuff and bucket list items on hold.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:06 am
Very sorry to hear this, old friend. And "you got that right:" don't put the dream stuff and bucket list items on hold.
Thank you very much. I don't have many people in my life anymore that are close friends. I brought my trash bins out to the curb this morning. I looked at the bench Leslie would sit on and sip his ice tea. I would always go over and chat with him. Leslie was a close friend and a man I admired for his gentle nature. It is going to be hard for me but my garden this year will have a special meaning. I only have to figure out how I'm going to get it planted.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Leslie was a great guy. he was meticulous about his yard.
Truly sorry for the loss of your friend, Cradle. After you have had some time to grieve, you may be swayed to plant a tree on your property that will be a friendly reminder of the years of friendship you Leslie nurtured. And who knows....he may come and visit as the Cardinals often do, while you are tending to your garden.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 am
Leslie was a great guy. he was meticulous about his yard.
Truly sorry for the loss of your friend, Cradle. After you have had some time to grieve, you may be swayed to plant a tree on your property that will be a friendly reminder of the years of friendship you Leslie nurtured. And who knows....he may come and visit as the Cardinals often do, while you are tending to your garden.
Thank you for your kind words. I will plant a peach tree in his memory. Right on cue my backyard cardinal has started singing.. I miss my friend very much already.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The loss of a good friend is one of the times when life is put into true perspective. My hope is your sadness leaves quickly and is replaced with the joy of sharing with your wife and his widow what great times you spent with your friend and neighbor.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:28 am The loss of a good friend is one of the times when life is put into true perspective. My hope is your sadness leaves quickly and is replaced with the joy of sharing with your wife and his widow what great times you spent with your friend and neighbor.
TYVM for those kind words of encouragement. I guess I'm really down in the dumps right now. My left arm is in this immobilizing sling for 5 more weeks. All I can do is look outside at my garden and hope that by the end of May I can do something to put plants in the ground. One positive thing is the garlic I planted in October is coming along nicely. My garden is my passion in life. One way or another I'm going to have tomatoes by this August. I'm going to miss not being able to share them with Leslie. We use to talk about how much we enjoyed a Caprese salad with fresh garden tomatoes and basil from my wife's herb garden. Leslie would have told me " you got that right". 😥
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:28 am The loss of a good friend is one of the times when life is put into true perspective. My hope is your sadness leaves quickly and is replaced with the joy of sharing with your wife and his widow what great times you spent with your friend and neighbor.
Yep. Lost my best man fall of 2021. Rare illness that could not be diagnosed.

Return to “POLITICS”