Live Game Action

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Live Game Action

Post by wlaxphan20 »

njbill wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:23 pm Most teams don't see lefties regularly? :roll:
everyone is a lefty! and a righty!
njbill

Post by njbill »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:28 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:51 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:46 pm These lax bros gotta go.
They are horrible.

The lack of graphics (no score, clock, shot clock) on the broadcast is just embarrassing for a school with Clemson's resources.
Is the host school responsible for obtaining broadcasters instead of ESPN? I didn't know that
Sure seems like it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

BC hasn't had a cupcake on their schedule? Huh? Brown?
DMac

Post by DMac »

For those of you who aren't seeing this one just lettin' ya know you're missing the best athletes in the country on the field today.
Commentator sez so, must be so.
Can't take these two anymore.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nice assist from the Cuse transfer Jimerson (loved her sister Alie).
12-9 end of 3.
Clemson didn't deserve the harsh abuse they took from one particular
poster here....win, lose, or draw here.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Game is close (12-9) but it doesn't really have the feel of a close game. Clemson's ball handling is god-awful. BC's much better. Perhaps the biggest difference in the game. We'll see what happens in the 4th, but I expect Boston will pull away.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:49 pm
Bart wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:13 pm Wow, commentator sez CN was the best ever at all phases of the game.
Must've been if he sez so.
2-2 4 minutes in.
It’s a better experience on mute
Well, you learn a lot from these guys. I just learned that CN brought shooting from the arc on FPSs to wlax.
I swear I've seen Majorana and Levy do that but I must be misremembering I guess.
Courtney Fortunato may have something to say about that as well.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Clemson put up a really good fight for 3/4 of the game, but the draw control battle in the 4th did them in. Gotta admire the fight that the team had with everything happening in the background. Feels like they are 2 offensive players away from being at the very least, "pesky" against the top 4 of the ACC.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

The Woodshed Report:
The game was never in doubt even after BC came out of half time sleepy. My score would have been spot on. I didn’t factor in that the Penn grad would come in and compete after the Lamp was lit so many times. Announcers really killed the broadcast( I hope they aren’t going to be the regulars) with all their superlatives. So sick of hearing that 20 grad transfers haven’t played together, it’s been 10 games and plenty of practice time to mesh.
My biggest hang up, since the beginning, with the weak scheduling, would be the National narrative that would overblow this program and bestow accolades on this team that are without merit.
Today the announcers started with #9 being ACC freshmen of the year!!!!! How can that idea even be floated out there? She has rack the vast majority of points against extremely weak competition. Someone needs to crunch the numbers and get a clear picture of her scoring before we go there. I have not seen all the freshman but off the top of my head there is the Northwestern girl, white at UNC and Torres at VT who has been impressive on a young team.
Questionable Accolades again with Lamparter receiving the goalie of the week for beating Duke!!!!!! at 52%. Really Duke, a Yale field hockey tender just beat Duke! I’m pretty sure the goalie at Army was over 50 and Florida goalie played outstanding, was over 50%, against a determined Loyola squad in one of the biggest early season games .
Given not earned.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:13 pm The Woodshed Report:
The game was never in doubt even after BC came out of half time sleepy. My score would have been spot on. I didn’t factor in that the Penn grad would come in and compete after the Lamp was lit so many times. Announcers really killed the broadcast( I hope they aren’t going to be the regulars) with all their superlatives. So sick of hearing that 20 grad transfers haven’t played together, it’s been 10 games and plenty of practice time to mesh.
My biggest hang up, since the beginning, with the weak scheduling, would be the National narrative that would overblow this program and bestow accolades on this team that are without merit.
Today the announcers started with #9 being ACC freshmen of the year!!!!! How can that idea even be floated out there? She has rack the vast majority of points against extremely weak competition. Someone needs to crunch the numbers and get a clear picture of her scoring before we go there. I have not seen all the freshman but off the top of my head there is the Northwestern girl, white at UNC and Torres at VT who has been impressive on a young team.
Questionable Accolades again with Lamparter receiving the goalie of the week for beating Duke!!!!!! at 52%. Really Duke, a Yale field hockey tender just beat Duke! I’m pretty sure the goalie at Army was over 50 and Florida goalie played outstanding, was over 50%, against a determined Loyola squad in one of the biggest early season games .
Given not earned.
FWIW it’s my understanding that usually, conference awards are given based on conference play only. So the out of conference cupcakes may not factor in.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:19 pm
Given not earned.
FWIW it’s my understanding that usually, conference awards are given based on conference play only. So the out of conference cupcakes may not factor in.
Good to know.
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Given not earned.
Can you tell me where Clemson hurt you? Or was it Stanford? Or was it downplaying Hopkins this year. Was it Harvard and their schedule? What positivity have you ever brought to any thread you are involved with?

Do you have a favorite team? Or are you just here to tear down other teams?
jff97

Post by jff97 »

PhanLax99 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:34 pm
Given not earned.
Can you tell me where Clemson hurt you? Or was it Stanford? Or was it downplaying Hopkins this year. Was it Harvard and their schedule? What positivity have you ever brought to any thread you are involved with?

I think your last question is the answer.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

PhanLax99 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:13 pm Clemson put up a really good fight for 3/4 of the game, but the draw control battle in the 4th did them in. Gotta admire the fight that the team had with everything happening in the background. Feels like they are 2 offensive players away from being at the very least, "pesky" against the top 4 of the ACC.
Clemson is very tough. Those players play hard and have bought 100% into coach Kwolek. I criticized their OOC schedule and i still think it could have been better but they deserve recognition for their play for a first year team.

The work ethic is there but right now they lack high end talent. But it's coming. Their recruiting classes the next 2 years are very strong. In the ACC, the top 3 is set with UNC, BC, and Cuse. that 4th spot is a revolving door and up for grabs. Why not Clemson? Duke is on it's way to being mid-tier if not already. ND can't stay consistent. UVA alternates being good and bad every 2 years but never great. Unlikely they'll surpass the top 3 but far in the future i can see a year or two were they'll have a really good team that challenges
Bart

Post by Bart »

Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:13 pm
As someone posted, ACC freshman of the year if for ACC only play in the ACC. Lets take a snapshot early in the ACC schedule.

For UNC
White has 9 points in ACC play in 4 games. 8 goals and 1 assists with 3 gb and 1 TO
Godine has 11 points in 4 games on 6 goals and 5 assists 0 gb and 0 T)
For Clemson
Chepnik has 11 points in 3 games with 9 goals and 2 assists with 1 gb and 1 CT aand 6 TO. She did not appear to play against ND

So looking comparatively at the performances of these players it appears it is fair to float the idea out there.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:48 am
Wheels,Wheels! wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:13 pm
As someone posted, ACC freshman of the year if for ACC only play in the ACC. Lets take a snapshot early in the ACC schedule.

For UNC
White has 9 points in ACC play in 4 games. 8 goals and 1 assists with 3 gb and 1 TO
Godine has 11 points in 4 games on 6 goals and 5 assists 0 gb and 0 T)
For Clemson
Chepnik has 11 points in 3 games with 9 goals and 2 assists with 1 gb and 1 CT aand 6 TO. She did not appear to play against ND

So looking comparatively at the performances of these players it appears it is fair to float the idea out there.
Thanks for taking the time to break down the numbers. That helps and will be interesting to see were it goes. I was more concerned about having the big OOC STATS and how that changes the equation, but I didn’t know IT was only ACC apples to apples. My bad.
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

jff97 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:15 pm
PhanLax99 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:34 pm
Given not earned.

I think your last question is the answer.
I was really excited about Clemson starting a program and the choice of Coach K was fantastic. I was a fan of her Richmond teams. This past summer I ran into one of the grad transfer at a tournament she was coaching. She had some Clemson swag on and a fantastic looking stick etc. We talked about the upcoming season and her views ( she was coming from a very competitive team) on the transition etc. She talked about wanting to playing a tough OCC schedule, taking some losses but growing from it for the girls in the coming years. She was a terrific spokesperson and so excited. I’m sure she was excited yesterday with a tough fought BC game but I’m not sure she was against Longwood. When their schedule was released I thought about her. As a plank owner I thought she deserved better. Just my opinion. I couldn’t back them after and the mass media blitz has further distanced me.
As for Stanford if you can’t see there is a problem I can’t help you. Stanford has every advantage, except travel, but take one look at the coaching staff, which is always an indicator of systemic problems that translate to the field for me. What was the full story on Whittle leaving? Why is so hard to get more accomplished coaches to join such a great institution?
On Hopkins I was wrong. I didn’t think McC’s offense would work in the Big10. But they are a machine at generating quality shots. To me their offense, ride and defense turn around are the story year so far.
Can’t remember my Harvard beef?

Can I be critical, sure. I think a forum should more about asking why certain aspects of our game are applauded without more insight, just for clicks.

Lastly, I’m a fan of teams that play hard, are coached well and don’t needed to keep telling me that they are the best. JMU, UMASS, Fairfield, Loyola, BC. There are more but I like a programs were the players get better year to year. And I can see it. The programs that take their specific “type” of girl and they thrive. That’s fun. Programs were the stick work is outstanding and paramount to how they play. Programs that don’t look to getting fouled to score. Programs that have a specific culture, not because of how it translates to Insta or how it looks to the next recruiting cycle sales pitch but it is who they are. Love that.
Most recent examples Army and Hopkins. You can watch and see there is a program shift( one from a legendary coach) for the positive which I love. We need more of that and one way is to point out were it is traditionally lacking. More AD’s and schools need to have a more critical eye and give their programs, and fans, a better shot at success.
I think that covers all your concerns. Next?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well aren't you just the end all judge of who gets the gold star on their forehead and the choice of cookies while the rest get crumbs and mud slung at 'em. The media blitz might have further distanced you, but you distanced yourself from many posters (if not all) here with your rude and abusive criticisms. Surely you care not about that as you ride your high horse to your castle of superiority but know that the unwashed masses see you as nothing other than...well, here;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWf-xWv6WIs
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

Just trying to be as kind and as knowledgeable as you. Wake up it’s just a game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Right, just a game viewed as a smorgasbord by some rude and disrespectful critics to feast on.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”