Thoughts on PLBA pausing

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Jumbo

Thoughts on PLBA pausing

Post by Jumbo »

I know this isn’t D3. But there isn’t really an active forum for professional lax. What are your thoughts about the PLBA league pausing right in the middle of the season. I haven’t watched any games yet. But I am not a fan of box lax. I prefer traditional field lax. Also not a fan of the fights I kept seeing in highlights. Not sure if that happened often or not. But just seemed desperate for attention to allow /encourage fighting
Njlaxx11

Re: Thoughts on PLBA pausing

Post by Njlaxx11 »

too many leagues popping up, calling themselves professional. i don't know that 2-3 professional box leagues is sustainable, obviously it's not. it wasn't sustainable to have 2 field leagues.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

NALL, PBLA...change the name...same guys trying to live the dream...

Not a sustainable model rn unfortunately....it's too bad because box is a fun game to watch...Might work out if more kids start playing it younger down the road...field lacrosse has legs because kids have access..

Youth Box has grown immensely over the last decade...just don't know if it's there yet...
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

It can happen you just have to be reasonable. Make it a minor league system and let the NLL develop some kids, especially Americans. If we do that it will take off and be good for the NLL. Just have sponsor money and do not be reliant on the door. PBLA would have been better off offering some Pay per view games to help defer the costs. Also having the league own all teams is trouble. Have actual owners put in money or have the teams owned by the community.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Also there is a pro page with NJCAA,NAIA forum.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”