Shorter

D2 Mens Lacrosse
leeatu

Shorter

Post by leeatu »

Shorter will move to Carolinas starting in 2024-25. An obvious setback to the growth of lax in the GSC and the PBC.

https://conferencecarolinas.com/news/20 ... -2025.aspx
Leonard Washington

Re: Shorter

Post by Leonard Washington »

leeatu wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:42 pm Shorter will move to Carolinas starting in 2024-25. An obvious setback to the growth of lax in the GSC and the PBC.

https://conferencecarolinas.com/news/20 ... -2025.aspx
Looks like Young Harris is making the move as well.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Yes. The PBC will be down to two, Flagler College and Lander, for men and women. The GSC will be down to Alabama-Huntsville and Montevallo for men and women with Lee for women only.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

leeatu wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:16 pm Yes. The PBC will be down to two, Flagler College and Lander, for men and women. The GSC will be down to Alabama-Huntsville and Montevallo for men and women with Lee for women only.
Assuming they all will follow suit and be associate members. Travel will be a pain, but there isnt really any other choice unless they decide to be independent (and no one looking to get into the tourney wants that)
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
midwestlaxdad

Post by midwestlaxdad »

It will still be better travel than the GLVC days and with the number of teams you can do travel pairs just like they did in the GLVC if they all go to associate members.

Could potentially see Flaggler exploring the option of being an associate member of the SSC.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Wonder of the conference carolinas will go after Landers or the could also look at the SAC, at least for lacrosse would be better travel. Flagler to the Sunshine would be a smart move by them. UAH and Montevallo may be left on a island by themselves
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:44 am Wonder of the conference carolinas will go after Landers or the could also look at the SAC, at least for lacrosse would be better travel. Flagler to the Sunshine would be a smart move by them. UAH and Montevallo may be left on a island by themselves
I think Lander to Conference Carolinas is the most likely. UAH could make Conference Carolinas work but as was said earlier travel could be tough, but I think the program is heading in a direction where the school would be okay with it.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Lander has football, CC does not. SAC would be a better fit.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Sunshine wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm Lander has football, CC does not. SAC would be a better fit.
Um no to football...although they had a touch football team back in the 1950s...
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

Sunshine wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm Lander has football, CC does not. SAC would be a better fit.
Lander and UAH do not have football.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

And CC will have football in Fall 2025.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”