January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 am Here is a video, specially made, of the Coup Plotter promising to free and pardon everyone who heeded the call for the attempted Putsch, just a few days after unapologetically dining with a white supremacist and a guy who posted a swastika inside the Star of David on twitter:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 9781600260

The problem is obviously Hunter Biden.
I wished we could actually chat over a dram or two and not via a forum thread. Seriously inquiring here, and no, I am not pro-trump.

What is it you think Trump is searching/seeking in his continual bid for a second term, after being investigated more than any other person in US history, impeached 2x, and he still comes back as if all that was just water off his back? Otherwise, why would he continually risk his fortune....and mindfully consider it is not just him...it is his entire surrounding staff/family. His martyrism, for lack of a better term, certainly seems to be driving him despite all that has gone on.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:19 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 am Here is a video, specially made, of the Coup Plotter promising to free and pardon everyone who heeded the call for the attempted Putsch, just a few days after unapologetically dining with a white supremacist and a guy who posted a swastika inside the Star of David on twitter:

I wished we could actually chat over a dram or two and not via a forum thread. Seriously inquiring here, and no, I am not pro-trump.

What is it you think Trump is searching/seeking in his continual bid for a second term, after being investigated more than any other person in US history, impeached 2x, and he still comes back as if all that was just water off his back? Otherwise, why would he continually risk his fortune....and mindfully consider it is not just him...it is his entire surrounding staff/family. His martyrism, for lack of a better term, certainly seems to be driving him despite all that has gone on.
I know you're not pro-Trump, and that you would like, as much as me, if he would just "go away." That's a euphemism for anything it takes, dropping dead, going to Danbury, slipping into a ditch while playing golf and inexplicably being run over by Don Jr.'s and Kimberley's golf cart, etc. For my part, I would welcome a GOP that trafficked in policy choices and deal-making rather than the default these days of: own the libs to placate the kook-base; investigate the President and his family to grind governance to a halt; and fish aro9und for tax loopholes for our friends.

Your question is really related to the psychology of this guy and his family. It is a good question, and I don't have a clue what animates a 76-year old man to keep doing the things he does, placing his life and freedom and his family's "reputation" at risk. Most folks seem to think the gambit is almost all about obtaining the office in order to divert all of these investigations and questions through the Presidency, together with an insatiable thirst for authority. So...I don't know; you're guess is as good or better than mine.

I do think he has considerably more destructive voltage left in him, and his basic, sociopathic selfishness will lead him to keep dragging the GOP through the mud of his bad judgment (Dinner with Nick and Ye!!, etc., etc.), at least for a while. And this, really, is bad for all Americans. For heaven's sake, I would like to actually see a candidate choice again, like we had here in Maine (when I lived there) and New Hampshire. But now, it's all Democrats for me, because the GOP candidates for the House and Senate here were still in thrall to the Malevolent Orange Creature. I did vote for a GOP County Attorney and a GOP Register of Deeds, who are both excellent at their jobs and good people.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

...after being investigated more than any other person in US history,...

WOW
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Another large part of Trump's issues - Narcissistic personality disorder

Can you find any symptoms that don't fit his behavior?
  • Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration.
  • Feel that they deserve privileges and special treatment.
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements.
  • Make achievements and talents seem bigger than they are.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Be critical of and look down on people they feel are not important.
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want.
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them.
  • Behave in an arrogant way, brag a lot and come across as conceited.
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He's not risking his "fortune" that is a incorrect way to think about it. His "fortune" is tied to being in the spotlight and selling low information people on his strength/success/ability. And that is selling a lie to people who are susecptible to lies. Everyone should be opposed to that.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:40 am

He's not risking his "fortune" that is a incorrect way to think about it. His "fortune" is tied to being in the spotlight and selling low information people on his strength/success/ability. And that is selling a lie to people who are susecptible to lies. Everyone should be opposed to that.
Trump builds things so he good.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:40 am

faux marble and heavy gilt bathrooms...it's all a grift, and always has been.

Right now, his largest inflows of money are from the cult-like support of small money donors...very akin to televangelist preachers, the suckers with the least capacity to donate do so at the highest proportionate rate...

But leave the limelight, step away from the grievances, and the flow will dry up.

The rest of his businesses are sucking wind at best, and most are losing money.

so, I'm not sure he can step away, unless he found some other way to continue the grift.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:40 pm very akin to televangelist preachers, the suckers with the least capacity to donate do so at the highest proportionate rate...

But leave the limelight, step away from the grievances, and the flow will dry up.

The rest of his businesses are sucking wind at best, and most are losing money.

so, I'm not sure he can step away, unless he found some other way to continue the grift.
I have no idea about his other businesses, but you nailed it with the televangelist tag. And I agree the only way he steps away is if he finds a "better" angle to run his grift.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:32 am Another large part of Trump's issues - Narcissistic personality disorder

• Have an unreasonably high sense of self-importance and require constant, excessive admiration.
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
  • Believe they are superior to others and can only spend time with or be understood by equally special people.
  • Expect special favors and expect other people to do what they want without questioning them.
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office.
I was not asking about TLD and MDLax. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Weak
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:25 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:32 am Another large part of Trump's issues - Narcissistic personality disorder

I don't think TLD exhibits any of those symptoms. ;)

Seriously, is that not an accurate description of Trump?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:23 am

I know you're not pro-Trump, and that you would like, as much as me, if he would just "go away." That's a euphemism for anything it takes, dropping dead, going to Danbury, slipping into a ditch while playing golf and inexplicably being run over by Don Jr.'s and Kimberley's golf cart, etc. For my part, I would welcome a GOP that trafficked in policy choices and deal-making rather than the default these days of: own the libs to placate the kook-base; investigate the President and his family to grind governance to a halt; and fish aro9und for tax loopholes for our friends.

Your question is really related to the psychology of this guy and his family. It is a good question, and I don't have a clue what animates a 76-year old man to keep doing the things he does, placing his life and freedom and his family's "reputation" at risk. Most folks seem to think the gambit is almost all about obtaining the office in order to divert all of these investigations and questions through the Presidency, together with an insatiable thirst for authority. So...I don't know; you're guess is as good or better than mine.

I do think he has considerably more destructive voltage left in him, and his basic, sociopathic selfishness will lead him to keep dragging the GOP through the mud of his bad judgment (Dinner with Nick and Ye!!, etc., etc.), at least for a while. And this, really, is bad for all Americans. For heaven's sake, I would like to actually see a candidate choice again, like we had here in Maine (when I lived there) and New Hampshire. But now, it's all Democrats for me, because the GOP candidates for the House and Senate here were still in thrall to the Malevolent Orange Creature. I did vote for a GOP County Attorney and a GOP Register of Deeds, who are both excellent at their jobs and good people.
Thank you for actually recognizing it.

Yes, I get that, it is a given, but to a degree. Even knowing the psychology issues he and his family carry, there has to be a strong fire burning somewhere else in the sanity world that is in some way advising, persuading, and discouraging him to let it go. Is the wave of trumpmania among the people of the US so strong and compelling that the GOP simply don't want to put in the energy to fight back....I don't know.

My question came about b/c there is not an ex US POTUS who is rubbing two nickels together, they typically make far more cash when they leave. Coupled that with him having already served, I somehow feel like there is another motive....above money and spotlight. Knowing this, and his large supporting cast of the US population, there are plenty of lucrative opportunities both here and abroad, maybe he realized he screwed up and wants to correct his tainted legacy, maybe he saw the darkness that is politics and wants more of it or to honestly reveal it....who knows.

I suppose that's enough wasted energy on him, thanks for your time.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:04 am

Yes but those often align with plenty of politicians, business people, entertainers, C-Suite types, etc. And, he was POTUS, a singular office held by only 34 in our history, not many can claim that.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:19 am

Yes but those often align with plenty of politicians, business people, entertainers, C-Suite types, etc. And, he was POTUS, a singular office held by only 34 in our history, not many can claim that.
hmmm, read that list again.
It's not merely strong ego drive.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Subtle humor! Not in Yo Face! enough for me but I appreciate it still like a Beckett play.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Just this morning, the bozo went off on an unhinged rant calling for himself to be reinstated as President and declared the “rightful winner” of the 2020 election, or to hold a new election immediately. The FULL Mussolini. :lol: :lol:

Eff the freaking Constitution :!:

We are all watching him disintegrate in front of us. They should get him a rubber room so he can't hurt himself.

The only thing he's going to get is an indictment then a trial and conviction for about 20 years to life. Who agrees :?:
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:27 pm

Just this morning, the bozo went off on an unhinged rant calling for himself to be reinstated as President and declared the “rightful winner” of the 2020 election, or to hold a new election immediately.

Eff the freaking Constitution :!:

We are all watching him disintegrate in front of us. They should get him a rubber room so he can't hurt himself.

The only thing he's going to get is an indictment then a trial and conviction for about 20 years to life. Who agrees :?:
Let's hope so.
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:43 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:27 pm The only thing he's going to get is an indictment then a trial and conviction for about 20 years to life. Who agrees :?:
Let's hope so.
The sooner the better.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

No you weren’t DR.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:15 am My question came about b/c there is not an ex US POTUS who is rubbing two nickels together, they typically make far more cash when they leave.
Not Jimmy Carter.

One day, I will find an American Conservative that will explain to me why he wasn't their favorite POTUS of all time.

He was everything you guys claim to want.....as Christian as they get, frugal, doesn't lie, doen'st cowtow to DC interests.....tells Americans to do more with less. Boilerplate conservative stuff.

Return to “POLITICS”