Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by dislaxxic »

Rightwing pollsters had one goal in mind...to create a meme (a lie, actually) that a red wave was coming...the better to cry foul when the voters kicked them out on their keisters.

Live by the lie, die by the lie...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:42 am Rightwing pollsters had one goal in mind...to create a meme (a lie, actually) that a red wave was coming...the better to cry foul when the voters kicked them out on their keisters.

Live by the lie, die by the lie...

... true, played right into the hands of the dems, helping to motivate, drive mid-term voting. The meme that Trump drove dem turnout I think is BS in this election, the right's misguided plan of flooding the zone is what really drove it, along with Biden's "it's all about democracy" message after SCOTUS gave the dems an obvious example.

The republiCONs blaming Trump is just their effort to absolve themselves. "It was all Hitler's fault ..."
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

mmm, looks like McConnell is going to get blamed by the MAGA folks.

Rational Republicans know better, but how many are left in the elected class?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am mmm, looks like McConnell is going to get blamed by the MAGA folks.

Much as I dislike him, I find it really hard to blame (credit) GOP failure in the Senate to McConnell. Candidate quality matters (everywhere except Georgia). He was right, if it is true that he walked back financial support for Bolduc in New Hampshire. Bolduc was never going to win this race. Opting to support Vance in a state where they held the seat was the smart move.

Have you seen the Blake Masters advertisement where he is shooting -- and talking about lovingly -- a silenced "German" pistol?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:51 am mmm, looks like McConnell is going to get blamed by the MAGA folks.

... the morons want to purge their only effective politician. You have to love it. :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The only thing I "blame" McConnell for re the elections is the failure to bury Trump and Trumpism in the aftermath of Jan 6.

Convict in the Senate, condemn the violence and lies about election integrity, and move on to opposition party status...Then support a fully bipartisan commission to deal with everything related to Jan 6, not as an opportunity to poop on Dems and Biden, but rather to take full account of what had gone wrong. In that context, the condemnation of all political violence and extremism could have taken shape as bi-partisan.

Celebrate the GOP state officials who were steadfast in the face of election denialism.

That would have provided the room for rational R's to win the primaries across the country.

Even the Dobbs decision would have likely not engendered sufficient backlash to prevent the GOP from sweeping the Senate and House, and many state legislators, governors, etc, given the tidal forces of midterm opposition and economic turmoil.

Yes, McCarthy was the more obvious, egregiously cowardly player, but, in that short span of time, McConnell had it in his power to encourage the 10+ Senate votes from GOP Senators to put Trump down. Had he done so, McCarthy would have likely not gone to Mar-A-Lago etc.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:30 am
a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:26 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:24 pm Unless democrats completely eviscerate a city they run (even then, I'm not sure, look at Baltimore and Chicago), Republicans won't be able to win any tight election ever again provided one imbalanced city population can determine the statewide election.
:lol: The Republicans just won hundreds of elections all over the country, Pete. Hundreds.

House races, Senate races, County races, Mayoral races, Judicial seats. All won by Republicans, with no difficulties. And every one of them acknowledge the validity of the elections the moment they're sworn into office, Pete.

You and everyone who believes this dreck is an affront to five year old's all over the world who are more adept at logic than you all are.

No one is THIS stupid, Pete.
Actually, Republicans meaningfully outpolled Democrats across the national spectrum this midterm; I believe they are up 6 million total votes. Regrettably, they fared worse only in the contested elections.
Blah blah blah. Translation: no matter what happens, we're going to claim fraud. With no evidence.

This is your party now Pete. Enjoy it.

Remember, the message you're sending to elderly Republicans is: there's no point in voting, because the outcome is fixed.

And while you and your leaders certainly don't believe what you're selling----old people do. Enjoy your losses, Pete.
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:22 am
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:30 am
a fan wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:26 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:24 pm Unless democrats completely eviscerate a city they run (even then, I'm not sure, look at Baltimore and Chicago), Republicans won't be able to win any tight election ever again provided one imbalanced city population can determine the statewide election.
:lol: The Republicans just won hundreds of elections all over the country, Pete. Hundreds.

House races, Senate races, County races, Mayoral races, Judicial seats. All won by Republicans, with no difficulties. And every one of them acknowledge the validity of the elections the moment they're sworn into office, Pete.

You and everyone who believes this dreck is an affront to five year old's all over the world who are more adept at logic than you all are.

No one is THIS stupid, Pete.
Actually, Republicans meaningfully outpolled Democrats across the national spectrum this midterm; I believe they are up 6 million total votes. Regrettably, they fared worse only in the contested elections.
Blah blah blah. Translation: no matter what happens, we're going to claim fraud. With no evidence.

This is your party now Pete. Enjoy it.

Remember, the message you're sending to elderly Republicans is: there's no point in voting, because the outcome is fixed.

And while you and your leaders certainly don't believe what you're selling----old people do. Enjoy your losses, Pete.

Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:33 am
Not my message at all. My message is first to vote, secondly to outmaneuver what Democrats are doing. We will.
:lol:

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.
elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:38 am

So to sum up: Dens are cheating. But they're not winning Senate or House Seats to the point where they can actually run things.

So...the new sales pitch is: they're not very good at cheating. Oh, and at the same time, we can't tell you where or how they are cheating. Oh, and we can't give you even one shred of evidence of this cheating, even though last election, you we're in dozens of courts, with judges telling you "please present this evidence".

That about right? Oh, and to top it off, this goes against Republican's mantra of: innocent until proven guilty.

Neat.

And naturally, it would never occur to you or your fellow Republicans to simply come up with ideas and platforms that would appeal to more voters. And, you know, win elections like that. :lol:

I promise you that the message you are sending is: votes are rigged, no point in voting, pete. But I love that this hasn't occurred to you.

It's not cheating if the law allows it. Democrats are ballot harvesting...big time. The vast majority of Americans are not with them. Republicans need to win in states that allow it in order to get rid of it, to the extent that it occurs now with zero guardrails. Fetterman had a fully paid staff running around Philly and the Burgh collecting ballots from apartment complexes where previous tenants had moved away years ago, multiple lease dwellers. Republicans need to do the same. This is not complicated.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Neat.

Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

Kismet wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:52 am

Neat.

Since the MAGA former DOPUS arrived on the scene, the Republican Party has done away with policy platforms. It's just vote for ME! :lol: :lol:

So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:51 am It's not cheating if the law allows it. Democrats are ballot harvesting...big time.
:lol: So....why doesn't DeSantis make absentee ballots illegal, Pete?

You can't answer the question. Keep changing the subject, though.
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:51 am The vast majority of Americans are not with them. Republicans need to win in states that allow it in order to get rid of it, to the extent that it occurs now with zero guardrails. Fetterman had a fully paid staff running around Philly and the Burgh collecting ballots from apartment complexes where previous tenants had moved away years ago, multiple lease dwellers. Republicans need to do the same. This is not complicated.
:lol: So if the R's need to do the same....why did DeSantis make "ballot harvesting" illegal?

You understand that Dems are winning elections all over Florida, right? Why is DeSantis allowing this, Pete?
a fan

Post by a fan »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?
:lol: You already told us that it was Trump's spending that led to inflation, Pete. Remember?

Want me to pull up your quote, Pete ? $3 Trillion+ in spending from Trumpy?

:lol: Worst. Troll. Ever.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:12 am The only thing I "blame" McConnell for re the elections is the failure to bury Trump and Trumpism in the aftermath of Jan 6.

Convict in the Senate, condemn the violence and lies about election integrity, and move on to opposition party status...Then support a fully bipartisan commission to deal with everything related to Jan 6, not as an opportunity to poop on Dems and Biden, but rather to take full account of what had gone wrong. In that context, the condemnation of all political violence and extremism could have taken shape as bi-partisan.

Celebrate the GOP state officials who were steadfast in the face of election denialism.

That would have provided the room for rational R's to win the primaries across the country.

Even the Dobbs decision would have likely not engendered sufficient backlash to prevent the GOP from sweeping the Senate and House, and many state legislators, governors, etc, given the tidal forces of midterm opposition and economic turmoil.

Yes, McCarthy was the more obvious, egregiously cowardly player, but, in that short span of time, McConnell had it in his power to encourage the 10+ Senate votes from GOP Senators to put Trump down. Had he done so, McCarthy would have likely not gone to Mar-A-Lago etc.
... the Dobbs decision gave the glaring example for the dems to make the argument, crystal clear, that democracy was under attack. A majority wildly approving of Roe having "a right" taken from them (that is the perspective in the street). Couple that with the very visible social injustice being promulgated by the republiCON leadership. Election denying breaking out all over the GOP. It wasn't Trump that people were reacting to -- it was Tumpism, and easily and correctly labeled as "anti-democracy". The dems for once did a good job of marketing / messaging.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am

Neat.

elonmuskrockefeller

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:00 pm
elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:58 am So you are okay with the Democrats' inflation?
:lol: You already told us that it was Trump's spending that led to inflation, Pete. Remember?

Actually, YOU told us that.

What I told you is, I am no fan of Trump and doubt he begins to understand the beginning nature of any economic theory or practical effect of policy, therefore I rightfully consider him to be a Democrat (which he was his entire adult life) since they all have that in common.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:00 pm

Actually, YOU told us that.

What I told you is, I am no fan of Trump and doubt he begins to understand the beginning nature of any economic theory or practical effect of policy, therefore I rightfully consider him to be a Democrat (which he was his entire adult life) since they all have that in common.
... and yet HE OWNS THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!. Including Petey.
elonmuskrockefeller

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Neat.

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:34 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Neat.

This woman barely held a Democratic district, which should tell you what people who know her think of her.
TROLL me a river elmopetey :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

That's all you've got :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”