2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:56 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:42 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:59 am Chef Boyardee is not that cheap anymore, ...if you can find any on the empty shelves.
https://shop.foodlion.com/product/80292 ... 91&irgwc=1

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AGGF1NYVTDCN ... gn_id=9383
You can buy a pound of spaghetti and a large jar of sauce for under 4 dollars. If you know how to boil water and own pots and pans you have dinner for 4 at your finger tips. If you want to add sausage or meatballs you can buy em frozen but that will double the price of dinner.
I have never eaten any type of pasta out of a can in my life. Old Salt intimated that it’s hard to find chef boyardee and it is expensive.
Those US Army C-Rats use to contain the highly prized Spaghetti with meatballs in sauce. A large bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce kicked them up a notch. I would not eat canned spaghetti today but growing up we ate what my mom put on the table, there was no debating your choices. There was always the option of going hungry if you so desired.

M-1: Beefsteak, Chicken or Turkey Loaf, Chopped Ham & Eggs, or Ham Slices (Cooked in Juices or Fried). M-1A: Tuna fish.
M-2: Meat Chunks w/ Beans in Tomato Sauce, Ham & Lima Beans, Beef Slices w/ Potatoes in Gravy (Beef and Boulders), or Beans w/. Frankfurter Chunks in Tomato Sauce. M-2A: Spaghetti w/ Meatballs in Tomato Sauce.
M-3: Beef in Spiced Sauce, Boned Chicken or Turkey, Chicken w/ Noodles in Broth, or Pork Steak Cooked in Juices. M-3A: Meat Loaf.

Your pretty damn lucky you never had to eat pasta out of a can. That was why Franks Red Hot was the one condiment all of us carried... Frank it Up.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:27 am
old salt wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:59 am Chef Boyardee is not that cheap anymore, ...if you can find any on the empty shelves.

You can buy a pound of spaghetti and a large jar of sauce for under 4 dollars. If you know how to boil water and own pots and pans you have dinner for 4 at your finger tips. If you want to add sausage or meatballs you can buy em frozen but that will double the price of dinner.
I have never eaten any type of pasta out of a can in my life. Old Salt intimated that it’s hard to find chef boyardee and it is expensive.
Those US Army C-Rats use to contain the highly prized Spaghetti with meatballs in sauce. A large bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce kicked them up a notch. I would not eat canned spaghetti today but growing up we ate what my mom put on the table, there was no debating your choices. There was always the option of going hungry if you so desired.

M-1: Beefsteak, Chicken or Turkey Loaf, Chopped Ham & Eggs, or Ham Slices (Cooked in Juices or Fried). M-1A: Tuna fish.
M-2: Meat Chunks w/ Beans in Tomato Sauce, Ham & Lima Beans, Beef Slices w/ Potatoes in Gravy (Beef and Boulders), or Beans w/. Frankfurter Chunks in Tomato Sauce. M-2A: Spaghetti w/ Meatballs in Tomato Sauce.
M-3: Beef in Spiced Sauce, Boned Chicken or Turkey, Chicken w/ Noodles in Broth, or Pork Steak Cooked in Juices. M-3A: Meat Loaf.

Your pretty damn lucky you never had to eat pasta out of a can. That was why Franks Red Hot was the one condiment all of us carried... Frank it Up.
Like I said, I have never eaten pasta out of a can. I had an aunt (actually a cousin but she was much older. Her kids were my age.) that tried to force me to eat some once but I refused. I was maybe 8-9 years old. I wasn’t eating that crap.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

This is not expensive and it's absolute garbage. The politician who said he had to eat Chef Boyardee when things got tough is full of schidt, it was undoubtedly part of their diet regularly because it was quick and easy and a lot of kids liked it.
Here's your cost.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/F7OYEWMM7QP6 ... gn_id=9383
Interesting tid bit on his name, Ettore Boiardi is the man behind the canned sad excuse for pasta and sauce but marketers didn't like that spelling and figured people would have a hard time figuring out how to pronounce it so they changed it to Boyardee. Ettore was agreeable and voi la, gourmet ravioli in a can (and kids did like this stuff back in the day....Mommy too, open the can and there's dinner).
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:54 am

Like I said, I have never eaten pasta out of a can. I had an aunt (actually a cousin but she was much older. Her kids were my age.) that tried to force me to eat some once but I refused. I was maybe 8-9 years old. I wasn’t eating that crap.
But they're organic...

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:54 am

Dog...I have to get you out for some good eating...no more of that Michelin stuff you've earned but are paying the rents of high priced CRE landlords and tableclothes.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

Surprised this thread is so quiet, the day of voting even.

Who knows what will happen today. I don't read anything anymore into early voting, or day of voting. I think you should throw out your previous beliefs on that stuff.

In any event, the only race I truly care about today is Zeldin. Obviously I hope he wins, emphatically. There is no universe where Kathy Hochul deserves an employment extension.

Outside that, I will keep my eye on the Washington Senate race, the Oregon governor's race, and naturally the various Arizona races. It baffles me why national democrats did not force Hobbs to debate Lake...Hobbs really gave away the race by refusing to debate.

I'd be ecstatic if MTG were to lose her race in Georgia; she spent yesterday in Ohio, which is a slap in the face to her own constituents.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm pulling for Hershel, he's earned the right to be a leader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxX_9m1anGU
elonmuskrockefeller

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:13 am I'm pulling for Hershel, he's earned the right to be a leader.

I don't know if you're being facetious, but did you know that Herschel ran a 9.3 100 yard dash? For a guy his size that is simply insane. He lost just one game playing three years at Georgia. Again, insane.

In your video, his first pro touchdown is crazy...he basically leaps with the ball nearly 7 yards.

And yeah, I want him to win. Unlike many on this board. Whatever. If he loses, it's not the end of the world. Kemp is certainly going to beat Abrams. Great article here about Democrats and their superstar nominees who continually fail yet they can't help themselves from nominating:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... er/671959/
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:13 am I'm pulling for Hershel, he's earned the right to be a leader.
How so? Has he demonstrated a clear grasp of issues challenging his community and the nation at large? Any policy to address same? Any propensity to recognize his limits and the wisdom to seek counsel? Probity? Honesty? Ethics?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:25 am This is not expensive and it's absolute garbage. The politician who said he had to eat Chef Boyardee when things got tough is full of schidt, it was undoubtedly part of their diet regularly because it was quick and easy and a lot of kids liked it.
Here's your cost.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/F7OYEWMM7QP6 ... gn_id=9383
Interesting tid bit on his name, Ettore Boiardi is the man behind the canned sad excuse for pasta and sauce but marketers didn't like that spelling and figured people would have a hard time figuring out how to pronounce it so they changed it to Boyardee. Ettore was agreeable and voi la, gourmet ravioli in a can (and kids did like this stuff back in the day....Mommy too, open the can and there's dinner).
So you never ate a can of C-Rat spaghetti and meatballs in tomato sauce?? All you needed was a P38. I still have the same P38 I used to open many thousands of cans. I can still open any can quicker than most electric can openers. That must make the P38 carbon neutral?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:38 am
How so? Has he demonstrated a clear grasp of issues challenging his community and the nation at large? Any policy to address same? Any propensity to recognize his limits and the wisdom to seek counsel? Probity? Honesty? Ethics?
Isn't this the same issue the opposition to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania is... John is not capable of grasping much less expressing the needs of the people of his state.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am
Isn't this the same issue the opposition to John Fetterman in Pennsylvania is... John is not capable of grasping much less expressing the needs of the people of his state.
And you know this how? Results of thorough exam by cognitive science professional? Or your impression based upon a limited sample? Or maybe the internet told you so?

Might be true, might not be. Not even a close call with say dRumphy. We all had years of his demonstrated dishonesty and sociopathy yet millions still supported him.
elonmuskrockefeller

I think you will find that most Democrats say (but don't really believe) that Fetterman is bright, 'he just can' verbalize things'. Fetterman wasn't bright even before his stroke. Today, he doesn't know if he is FOR fracking or AGAINST fracking, so you can't sell me that he is either bright or frankly even aware. You are voting for a person who literally does not know what he believes, similar in ways to Donald Trump.

With Herschel, his instincts are correct on most issues and he knows what he believes, so if you vote for him, you know what you are getting. Whether he is the world's greatest orator is not simply besides the point, but it is inherently racist and classist.
Last edited by elonmuskrockefeller on Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I've been clear all along that Hershel's candidacy is the epitome of being offered up krap to vote for.
Cream of the krap is what we all too often vote for, so I'd like to see Georgia get the creamiest of
krap. Appears as if a whole lot of folks down there want that so let 'em have it. Go Hershel!!! You
da man!!! A real peach for the Peach State.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:03 am
I've been clear all along that Hershel's candidacy is the epitome of being offered up krap to vote for.
Cream of the krap is what we all too often vote for, so I'd like to see Georgia get the creamiest of
krap. Appears as if a whole lot of folks down there want that so let 'em have it. Go Hershel!!! You
“Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they scuk. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who scuk. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public scuks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Scuks. Fcuk Hope.” -- the late, great, inimitable George Carlin
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am
And you know this how? Results of thorough exam by cognitive science professional? Or your impression based upon a limited sample? Or maybe the internet told you so?

Might be true, might not be. Not even a close call with say dRumphy. We all had years of his demonstrated dishonesty and sociopathy yet millions still supported him.
So we should believe what his doctors say and not what we see with our own eyes... GOT IT. He can't yet put together a string of rational sentences when speaking in public, but is 100% ready to functionally serve as a US Senator... GOT IT.
Bob Ross:
elonmuskrockefeller

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:03 am

Besides the unfortunate undertones that 'Herschel isn't bright', I think your post misses a fairly obvious rebuttal. Is having a senator like Schumer any better than Walker? Seriously? Chuck is one of the most egotistical, most partisan, most dishonest hacks of a senator ever, but I'm supposed to be content that his oratory doesn't slip like Herschel's? I don't sign up for that. Mazie Hirono is certifiably dumb, yet has anyone ever posted about her?

I prefer any politician to have had a life outside of politics, at the bare minimum, before I give them even a modicum of respect. Then, if they enter the political arena with zero humility, or worse they exhibit outright dishonesty, then trade those jokers and give me Herschel Walker every day and twice on Sunday, speech professional or not.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:08 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am

So we should believe what his doctors say and not what we see with our own eyes... GOT IT. He can't yet put together a string of rational sentences when speaking in public, but is 100% ready to functionally serve as a US Senator... GOT IT.
Are you aware of the limits of "eye witness testimony"? And why it is so weak?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg_Dj8jWQAQ ... name=small

says a commentator:

Republicans would vote against water if a Democrat suggested it to put out their house fire.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:37 am Image
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg_Dj8jWQAQ ... name=small

says a commentator:

Republicans would vote against water if a Democrat suggested it to put out their house fire.
And complain they couldn't swim if they walked on water...

Return to “POLITICS”