Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by CU88 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:37 pm Isn't the answer to the thread topic question just "yes, yes it is"?

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1 ... 4489874432
+1
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:05 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:17 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:58 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:50 pm
get it to x wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:26 pmWe need some kind of psychological screening for law enforcement. Crazy cops. Hopefully they both got some sort of disciplinary action, including a monetary penalty. I thought the first cop was an "A", but the second guy said "Hold my beer".
Except, MAGAt types tend to call psychological screening "cancel culture".

It ends up coming down to who is the arbiter...and what set of facts can be agreed upon, no?

One of our current political parties is lost these days in a world of holding up their own "alternative facts" that, you know, are true just because they believe them...

Power of Positive Thinking and all that... :roll:

I am as MAGA as anyone on this board. Law and order is a big thing to me. These idiot cops were out of order.
Hypocrisy. Anyone watching today’s congressional hearing knows full well that anyone who’s still a MAGAt is far from being pro-law and order.
A way more peaceful protest that the George Floyd riots. No law enforcement were killed by the protesters. Protesters were the only deaths.

From time to time I check other forums and chats on youtube. I marvel that some people still believe the cops were innocent and angelic in the 2020 summer riots. Somehow, these buffoons are still convinced that the ever so "innocent" cops were victims such as in the torching of the Minneapolis precinct that got burned down.

Are these people for real? Who in their right mind is going to approach a building with 40 armed cops some of whom had high powered rifles in hand, gas bombs, shields, and other weaponry? Who is going to boldly announce, "HEY COPPERS, I GOT AN INCENDIARY ~ HERE I COME!" and proceed to drop it on their front door. Dunno about anyone else, but it someone is going to be that bold (or more accurately, that stupid) and I got a loaded gun in hand, I'm going to open fire on the fckkker and send him off to Hell. Those precincts all have multiple cameras which show all possible exits/entries. There is no possible way for anyone to enter into that compound when there's a prospect of 40 loaded guns trained on you. And note how police never released any videos of people starting the arson fire. Obviously, the fuzz started it themselves. You gotta be utterly mindless to believe otherwise. Then check those videos previously posted of cops slashing tires, smashing bottles, and breaking windows. Obviously, the cops created all the troubles.

I also marvel that the one person convicted of torching the police compound was a Boogaloo Boi. Yet to this day, many far delusionals continue to insist that it was either BLM or Antifa or both.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Hmm. CRT?

https://www.npr.org/2022/10/17/11289185 ... ular-cases

'Under the Insular Cases, which were primarily about tariffs and jury trials in the territories, the Supreme Court upheld this suspect "incorporated vs. unincorporated" framework of rights. The Court's language and reasoning was hardly any better than that of Congress. One case emphasized that "differences of race, habits, laws and customs" in the territories might require action on the part of Congress that wouldn't be required if the territory were "inhabited only by people of the same race." Another referred to "savage tribes" which may be "[in]capable of self-government."'
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:53 pm Hmm. CRT?

'Under the Insular Cases, which were primarily about tariffs and jury trials in the territories, the Supreme Court upheld this suspect "incorporated vs. unincorporated" framework of rights. The Court's language and reasoning was hardly any better than that of Congress. One case emphasized that "differences of race, habits, laws and customs" in the territories might require action on the part of Congress that wouldn't be required if the territory were "inhabited only by people of the same race." Another referred to "savage tribes" which may be "[in]capable of self-government."'
...SCOTUS certainly supports the idea that America is a racist nation, and damned proud of it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Nothing to see here.
"Election integrity." Keep black folks from votin'.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:27 pm
Nothing to see here.
"Election integrity." Keep black folks from votin'.
This is the year 2022. The fall of the American Empire is upon us. Folks laughed at that idea 6-7 years ago. This is a very young country, we don’t know what it will ultimately become. I was relying of plain old common sense to wonder about it.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

You left out the other side of the argument that the Biden Administration supports:

"Monday's action is a victory for both the Biden administration and the American Samoan government itself, though neither party defends the offensive language in the Insular Cases. Nor does the United States affirmatively oppose American Samoan citizenship. The United States rests its argument instead on the text of the Citizenship Clause, which it contends intentionally excludes the territories from birthright citizenship conferred by the Constitution. The U.S. argues that American Samoans have the legislative route to birthright citizenship available to them, and that if there is a consensus in favor of birthright citizenship, they should pursue that through their representative in Congress. Otherwise, however, the United States says it does not want to tread on the self-governance of American Samoans.

To that end, the American Samoan government intervened in the case to argue that U.S. birthright citizenship for American Samoans would undermine the island's ability to self-govern and maintain cultural autonomy. "
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Carroll81 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:03 pm

You left out the other side of the argument that the Biden Administration supports:

"Monday's action is a victory for both the Biden administration and the American Samoan government itself, though neither party defends the offensive language in the Insular Cases. Nor does the United States affirmatively oppose American Samoan citizenship. The United States rests its argument instead on the text of the Citizenship Clause, which it contends intentionally excludes the territories from birthright citizenship conferred by the Constitution. The U.S. argues that American Samoans have the legislative route to birthright citizenship available to them, and that if there is a consensus in favor of birthright citizenship, they should pursue that through their representative in Congress. Otherwise, however, the United States says it does not want to tread on the self-governance of American Samoans.

To that end, the American Samoan government intervened in the case to argue that U.S. birthright citizenship for American Samoans would undermine the island's ability to self-govern and maintain cultural autonomy. "
You missed the point I was emphasizing: there have been and are systemic racial artifacts in the legal system. You know, what CRT is about.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:07 pm
Still

:lol: :lol: :lol:

... like we should be surprised that DeSantis is a piece of sh*t. Claim 20 black citizens voted illegally after they were told in most cases by Florida officials it was ok to vote. It's called entrapment.

Chicksh*t republiCONs can't find real voter fraud so that have to make some up. Love the reaction of the police officers making the arrests, they were totally embarrassed that they had to do this.

DeSantis is such a tough guy, fu*king crybaby. :roll: Chicksh*t just like the people who support him. Charma is a bit*h and this motherfu*ker is going to find out just how much. The people of Florida are going to get tired of his performances, sooner rather than later.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

More wholesome goodness from MI.

“From our perspective,” Sheehan tells me, “for the tax foreclosure crisis and over-assessments to be happening in predominantly African American municipalities in Wayne county, but not in predominantly white municipalities in Wayne county … this is a violation of equal protection.” She says that houses of lower value are assessed at much higher rates on average than houses of higher value, which points to a systemic problem.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... operty-tax
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:07 pm
Still

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good thing is the cops seen on video seemed to be human beings w tons of empathy and decent communication/bedside manner skills. If there’s a silver lining at all here.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:23 am More wholesome goodness from MI.

“From our perspective,” Sheehan tells me, “for the tax foreclosure crisis and over-assessments to be happening in predominantly African American municipalities in Wayne county, but not in predominantly white municipalities in Wayne county … this is a violation of equal protection.” She says that houses of lower value are assessed at much higher rates on average than houses of higher value, which points to a systemic problem.”

Have some familiarity with tax lien situations in general (it’s jurisdiction specific so know nothing about MI mostly) but two things:

1. This woman is not a good writer. She got the house her writing deserved.
2. FMV is not a sale price once in one property when each home is idiosyncratic. Its the stupidity of everyone involved in the RE industry with little to no barriers to entry*. FMV carries a lot of factors but it also assumes normal terms And conditions for the seller (not a fire sale or a city selling distressed assets w capex). When new houses are built the appraisal does land value, as complete value and as stabilized value prospectively not based on the sales price.

Reality is this was a heart jerker piece that might’ve had some good things to say but her writing style is worse than mine and it’s clear she didn’t grasp a lot and makes a lot of assumptions. It’s a shame I’m sure there’s a real story to tell here. Do they not teach writers to do research and understand the topics they are writing on anymore?

*(which is crazy when it’s so critical to individual wealth creation and e over regulate the finance side of it but mortgage brokers and realtors pop up like snakes when times are good with no practical training or understanding of how these markers work or are supposed to work-hence houses trade to a large degree off comparable homes on a $/sq Fr metric which might’ve made sense for Single Family Homes when lots/land was 20%-25% of a home value 15-20yrs ago but it’s not at or above 45% of a avg homes value now thanks to zero rates and easy money for decade-makes no sense except it’s a practice in place and this is the people selling and arranging the financing for your home)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:43 pm

Have some familiarity with tax lien situations in general (it’s jurisdiction specific so know nothing about MI mostly) but two things:

2. FMV is not a sale price once in one property when each home is idiosyncratic. Its the stupidity of everyone involved in the RE industry with little to no barriers to entry*. FMV carries a lot of factors but it also assumes normal terms And conditions for the seller (not a fire sale or a city selling distressed assets w capex). When new houses are built the appraisal does land value, as complete value and as stabilized value prospectively not based on the sales price.

Reality is this was a heart jerker piece that might’ve had some good things to say but her writing style is worse than mine and it’s clear she didn’t grasp a lot and makes a lot of assumptions. It’s a shame I’m sure there’s a real story to tell here. Do they not teach writers to do research and understand the topics they are writing on anymore?

*(which is crazy when it’s so critical to individual wealth creation and e over regulate the finance side of it but mortgage brokers and realtors pop up like snakes when times are good with no practical training or understanding of how these markers work or are supposed to work-hence houses trade to a large degree off comparable homes on a $/sq Fr metric which might’ve made sense for Single Family Homes when lots/land was 20%-25% of a home value 15-20yrs ago but it’s not at or above 45% of a avg homes value now thanks to zero rates and easy money for decade-makes no sense except it’s a practice in place and this is the people selling and arranging the financing for your home)
Regardless of technical specifics, if it is in fact happening in certain communities it starts to look like some version of red-lining.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:12 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:43 pm

Regardless of technical specifics, if it is in fact happening in certain communities it starts to look like some version of red-lining.
Sure but man I would’ve liked to see a better analysis because unpersuasive ones that look superficial tend to harm a cause in my eyes not help it.

I just don’t know if any laws hve been broken on the assessment/FMV question which drives a meaningful part of her argument. Detroit is so screwed up. I have down some on site M&A bank dd twice around there for like a week each time. Story to me is gross mismanagement by the local govt
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

get it to x

Post by get it to x »

The Congressional Black Caucus has thrown its financial support behind a white male Democratic congressman in Indiana rather than to his challenger who is looking to become the only Black female Republican in Congress.

"It’s the American people versus the DC politicians and lobbyists," Air Force veteran Jennifer-Ruth Green told Fox News Digital in a statement. "I’m with the American people. The Congressional Black Caucus is with the politicians and lobbyists, and their career politician ally Frank Mrvan. America’s poorest communities are proof Frank Mrvan and the CBC care more about power and helping themselves than helping the people of northwest Indiana. It’s sad."

So much for historic firsts for women and people of color.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:57 am The Congressional Black Caucus has thrown its financial support behind a white male Democratic congressman in Indiana rather than to his challenger who is looking to become the only Black female Republican in Congress.

"It’s the American people versus the DC politicians and lobbyists," Air Force veteran Jennifer-Ruth Green told Fox News Digital in a statement. "I’m with the American people. The Congressional Black Caucus is with the politicians and lobbyists, and their career politician ally Frank Mrvan. America’s poorest communities are proof Frank Mrvan and the CBC care more about power and helping themselves than helping the people of northwest Indiana. It’s sad."

So much for historic firsts for women and people of color.
I wonder why they ain’t supporting Herschel Walker. They racists.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”