Interesting? Do tell. Go Rollins !
shaadb-man

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by shaadb-man »

He's going to Mercer, no?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

shaadb-man wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:54 pm He's going to Mercer, no?
That’s what I’d heard, just figured it would have been announced by now.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Who takes the helm? Whipple? Penn? Sounds like a good time to bring new blood into a program that has under preformed. What's Mercer thinking? Go Rollins!
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:43 am Sounds like a good time to bring new blood into a program that has under preformed.
?

If you were referring to St. Leo since their national championship appearance, I would understand. But under performed?

5-10 was tough last year but a 28-16 (I believe) combined record the previous 4 years combined with wins over Belmont Abbey (Top 10 at the time), #7 NYIT and Wingate
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Leonard Washington wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:37 pm
Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:43 am Sounds like a good time to bring new blood into a program that has under preformed.
?

If you were referring to St. Leo since their national championship appearance, I would understand. But under performed?

5-10 was tough last year but a 28-16 (I believe) combined record the previous 4 years combined with wins over Belmont Abbey (Top 10 at the time), #7 NYIT and Wingate
It's not Jorgenson.

Think of another under performing program in the SSC.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:43 am Who takes the helm? Whipple? Penn? Sounds like a good time to bring new blood into a program that has under preformed. What's Mercer thinking? Go Rollins!
Miller has been named interim.
Leonard Washington

D2fan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:33 pm It's not Jorgenson.

Think of another under performing program in the SSC.
I would say Florida Southern (even though I feel as if the poster is referring to Lynn)
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I was referring to Lynn. Curious to find out why the quick departure? But you do bring up a good point both St. Leo and Fla. Southern have dropped a little the past few years. Go Rollins!
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Crickets from the Lynn situation. Must be worse than just the HC deciding to take an AC job last minute. Somethings Up!
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:31 am Crickets from the Lynn situation. Must be worse than just the HC deciding to take an AC job last minute. Somethings Up!
Or their Sports Information department hasn't gotten around to putting anything out about it. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, coaches move on all the time.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

You're right, HC often pick up, and leave shortly after the Fall sessions starts for a AC. Let's hope it's nothing serious like a hazing situation? If that was the case, the whole staff should be let go. Go Rollins!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:04 pm You're right, HC often pick up, and leave shortly after the Fall sessions starts for a AC. Let's hope it's nothing serious like a hazing situation? If that was the case, the whole staff should be let go. Go Rollins!
The whole staff?? If that’s the case then Rollins should have cleaned house after the OD.
Leonard Washington

Old&InTheWay wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:31 am Crickets from the Lynn situation. Must be worse than just the HC deciding to take an AC job last minute. Somethings Up!
Definetly not worse.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Laxguy22 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 am Anyone know what's going on at Mesa? I believe the head coaching job was reposted
Not sure it was "Reposted" it seemed like it took them a while to post and in the posting it says "Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 9/18/2022." Not sure we will hear anything until at least some time after that. Not sure if this is the best thing for the program considering they are in classes, fall ball & recruiting? Why so long?
FWIW, I've heard that the AD conducted zoom interviews last week and is scheduling in-person interviews for next week.
Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

smoova wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:11 am
Laxguy22 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 am Anyone know what's going on at Mesa? I believe the head coaching job was reposted
Not sure it was "Reposted" it seemed like it took them a while to post and in the posting it says "Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 9/18/2022." Not sure we will hear anything until at least some time after that. Not sure if this is the best thing for the program considering they are in classes, fall ball & recruiting? Why so long?
FWIW, I've heard that the AD conducted zoom interviews last week and is scheduling in-person interviews for next week.
I have heard the same, sources have told me that the position has been filled but I am not sure who.
Leonard Washington

Laxguy22 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:53 pm
I have heard the same, sources have told me that the position has been filled but I am not sure who.
https://cmumavericks.com/news/2022/9/30 ... ogram.aspx

They didn't have to look or go far
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Has anyone heard anything about Mercy? We’re 4 weeks into fallball and they still have yet to announce their hire?
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

StuckinD2 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:58 pm Has anyone heard anything about Mercy? We’re 4 weeks into fallball and they still have yet to announce their hire?
The job posting was taken down a couple of weeks ago. My guess is they have made a hire but have not posted anything about it. Mercy does not have a big athletic department so Sports Information might be shortstaffed.
Leonard Washington

Lynn has posted about their head coaching position and vacancy.

Curious to see what the actual process is and how long they accept applications/resumes considering the start date is on or around June 2023.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”