Landmark Conference 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad30

Re: Landmark Conference 2023

Post by laxdad30 »

River Donkey wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:10 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:59 pm
Palax15 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:25 pm
Susquehanna is playing Dickinson again this year. Another non-competitive game.
I am always for stepping up on the competition, which (IMO) is more valuable and goes a long way in getting teams prepared for conference play.

I have noticed that with a number of budgets being cut/shrinking, coaches are scheduling games within a workable travel distance not to incur any extra expenses (overnights) and have to explain it to their AD
+1
+2
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:14 am Any word on Juniata bringing on a new coach? Not sure if there are many supporters on this thread
I believe Juniata has their man. Announcement coming soon.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
mainlinelaxdad

Post by mainlinelaxdad »

Hearing that EasternU is bringing in Jack McGorry (Attack) from Catholic University as a graduate transfer. McGorry finished his career at Catholic with 44 goals and 12 Assists in 23 appearances. It will be interesting to see how McGorry could help the Eagles considering he did not play a ton for the cardinals this year and Eastern returns their two righty attack men. Eastern will face Ursinus/Marymount in scrimmages on October 9th.
Palax15

Post by Palax15 »

New assistant coach position is open at Susquehanna.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Palax15 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:10 pm New assistant coach position is open at Susquehanna.
Franklin or Kifolo??
Palax15

Post by Palax15 »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Palax15 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:10 pm New assistant coach position is open at Susquehanna.
Franklin or Kifolo??
Franklin left.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Palax15 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:45 pm
River Donkey wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:58 pm
Franklin or Kifolo??
Franklin left.
Thank you. Surprised to hear that, I thought he had one year left. Hopefully he had a chance to move up, he deserves it.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:13 am
laxdad30 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:32 am Messiah wasnt a blow out. 12-8 loss. Gophers were down 7-8 starting the 4th quarter. In my opinion RMC is the one they should have dropped instead.
Absolutely, especially if you are looking for a more competitive game. Dropping Randy Mac instead of Messiah would be the way to go.
Update, Dropped RMC and Mary Washington. Picked up Berry and Nichols
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

laxdad30 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:06 pm
From the outside looking in, the swap of opponents may be a downgrade but at least they may be able to compete a little more in these games. Change has to start somehwere.
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:16 pm
laxdad30 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:06 pm
From the outside looking in, the swap of opponents may be a downgrade but at least they may be able to compete a little more in these games. Change has to start somehwere.
I think thats the Idea that Coach Hannan has. Build it up with better matched teams. No need to get slaughtered out of conference every year.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

mainlinelaxdad wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:23 am Hearing that EasternU is bringing in Jack McGorry (Attack) from Catholic University as a graduate transfer. McGorry finished his career at Catholic with 44 goals and 12 Assists in 23 appearances. It will be interesting to see how McGorry could help the Eagles considering he did not play a ton for the cardinals this year and Eastern returns their two righty attack men. Eastern will face Ursinus/Marymount in scrimmages on October 9th.
McGorry is a solid player and will extend the depth at attack at Eastern. He led the team in goals in the Covid-shortened 2020 season and most likely would have been an All-Conference selection.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Catholics sent off a lot of guys doing 5th years. Crowley at stevens, Hillery at Stony Brook and Mcgorry now at Eastern. That’s all just from this site alone of people we know. Does anyone know if any other guys off the radar are making a jump or change? Kinda surprised we haven’t heard anything from any other team really. Wonder why
mainlinelaxdad

Post by mainlinelaxdad »

Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:44 am Catholics sent off a lot of guys doing 5th years. Crowley at stevens, Hillery at Stony Brook and Mcgorry now at Eastern. That’s all just from this site alone of people we know. Does anyone know if any other guys off the radar are making a jump or change? Kinda surprised we haven’t heard anything from any other team really. Wonder why
I heard rumors of Scranton’s Christopher Crapanzano was transferring to Rutgers. Can anyone confirm?
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

That would be pretty insane. Don’t think someone of his stature would do any good at the Big10 let alone where he used to play in the NEC. Maybe they watched his film playing for the U21 Polish team beating up on random countries 🤣
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Fall ball is right around the corner, any preseason rankings that folks want to toss out?
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

I'll put Goucher to start in one of the bottom spots. 7 seniors graduated and 7 players changed schools. At last count i was told that they had 22 players on campus. Coach Hannan has been trying to find transfers to fill in the gaps. I'll know more on Thursday with what's going on.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Still think my list will mostly stay the same just a little mix match
1. Catholic
2. Scranton
3. E-Town
4. Susq
5. MORO
6. Drew
7. Gouch
8. Juniata
-Catholic is good, sax with another year under the belt and still holding a perfect 17-0 in confernce record is pretty insane. I think this year though where most eyes will be on him. Yea first year is important but I think he inhereited a good team and made them great. Now its time for his recruits to start coming In and see if this is a down year for catholic or just a reload. Only time will tell. I for one was a fan of pezone I think hes kept them in a lot of games and I think just its because of fast they play is why hes seen a lot of good shots and could explain him letting in some goals but hes always been solid to me.
-Previosuly I had E town here but now I do think scranton may be the more senior lead and returning team. Scranton has been in the playoffs every year all the way back to 2008 but have barely made it out of the first round let alone won anything. This year could be it with the offesnive pieces and returner d guys. All roads point to hofmeister though and how he can manage them. Returning confernce guys, goalie with a year under him, I dont know just interesting point to show
- E town is Still a team that can easily beat scranton and do well but still need to put new pieces in the puzzle for the graduating kids. They had a solid group and are seemingly young. My only hiccup with them is... you guessed it, coaching. Maguire is good and for sure is tough stepping into the shoes of porzanski but they cant win the games they need. Sure they gave dickinson a really good scare at home but then also lose to a below average st marys team. I think there is just a large learning curve in coaching. Sure he was a great player at Lynchburg and was the OC in 2020 where they beat dickinson but I just think there is a lot more then Xs and Os that im not sure if im sold on it but to contradict myself he only has 5 losses in his HC career where 4 are all from catholic so.
- Susq is still young and has growing pains. The ROY shows promise for sure and I do think there is a gritty undertone to this team, they also do not have as skilled guys as the top of the league. There are just times watching them I just feel like things are very slow and almost like a high school team at times but they alwasy bring energy and if you let them hang around they do get up.
-MORO lost their top offesnive guys and schicke (6 years of D3 lax is kinda wild someone should check his birth certificate), but they still are an established program then the ones below and carty is an alright coach. The freshman from last year had some promise to build around but I would like them to expand their schedule and see better comp. To me, they have decent facilities and somewhat solid social aspects I just wonder what makes some people not desired to go there.
-Drew gets the nod here with wilkie coming back and hopefully a better goalie and defense. Lidl has seemed to revive the program and catch a little lignting in the bottle but I was a little tired of seeing them keep getting players of the week and stuff like that. Call me selfish or old school but beating up on a lesser team and leaving kids out there running up the score isnt cool to see. The pedelum swings both ways so, if I were Lidl beef up the schedule a little. I understand team wins are big and not get the brakes beaten off you but find some middle ground you know
-Goucher I am wondering how the new coach will be coming back to his old roots to rebuild and start fresh. I think itll be a few years for them to make some real noise and bring in his own guys but I like that hes back. He built it up, it fell down and now hes here to rebuild I have to respect that. They do have good lacrosse in the dmv area but hard to compete with all the schools around there and especailly catholic being there too. They showed some promise at times but also some bad bad times too so I think this is a good spot
Juniate- Another new coach who I am interested to see in. Stumpo seems decent on paper but also looking at who he was playing against and coaching its not crazy impressive. I am glad they nabbed a guy with college experince and I am sure the hiring pool wasnt very huge. I didnt hate nobo and wonder what was the whole reason for him leaving. If I were stumpo I would jsut be the bad boys of the landmark like the 88 pistons. All the cards are against you why not throw the kitchen sink at every team. Run a 10 man ride, try some trick plays on offense, defense just be mean dudes. Everyones counting you out so why not be annoying and try to just be a headache for the other team. Ya might get lucky!

Does anyone know if any teams have started practice yet or heard any rumblings go on? I know we got the fallball and 23 shcedule treads so well find out that stuff soon but. Sorry for the long read bored at work and figured this would pass the time
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 pm Still think my list will mostly stay the same just a little mix match
1. Catholic
2. Scranton
3. E-Town
4. Susq
5. MORO
6. Drew
7. Gouch
8. Juniata
-Catholic is good, sax with another year under the belt and still holding a perfect 17-0 in confernce record is pretty insane. I think this year though where most eyes will be on him. Yea first year is important but I think he inhereited a good team and made them great. Now its time for his recruits to start coming In and see if this is a down year for catholic or just a reload. Only time will tell. I for one was a fan of pezone I think hes kept them in a lot of games and I think just its because of fast they play is why hes seen a lot of good shots and could explain him letting in some goals but hes always been solid to me.
-Previosuly I had E town here but now I do think scranton may be the more senior lead and returning team. Scranton has been in the playoffs every year all the way back to 2008 but have barely made it out of the first round let alone won anything. This year could be it with the offesnive pieces and returner d guys. All roads point to hofmeister though and how he can manage them. Returning confernce guys, goalie with a year under him, I dont know just interesting point to show
- E town is Still a team that can easily beat scranton and do well but still need to put new pieces in the puzzle for the graduating kids. They had a solid group and are seemingly young. My only hiccup with them is... you guessed it, coaching. Maguire is good and for sure is tough stepping into the shoes of porzanski but they cant win the games they need. Sure they gave dickinson a really good scare at home but then also lose to a below average st marys team. I think there is just a large learning curve in coaching. Sure he was a great player at Lynchburg and was the OC in 2020 where they beat dickinson but I just think there is a lot more then Xs and Os that im not sure if im sold on it but to contradict myself he only has 5 losses in his HC career where 4 are all from catholic so.
- Susq is still young and has growing pains. The ROY shows promise for sure and I do think there is a gritty undertone to this team, they also do not have as skilled guys as the top of the league. There are just times watching them I just feel like things are very slow and almost like a high school team at times but they alwasy bring energy and if you let them hang around they do get up.
-MORO lost their top offesnive guys and schicke (6 years of D3 lax is kinda wild someone should check his birth certificate), but they still are an established program then the ones below and carty is an alright coach. The freshman from last year had some promise to build around but I would like them to expand their schedule and see better comp. To me, they have decent facilities and somewhat solid social aspects I just wonder what makes some people not desired to go there.
-Drew gets the nod here with wilkie coming back and hopefully a better goalie and defense. Lidl has seemed to revive the program and catch a little lignting in the bottle but I was a little tired of seeing them keep getting players of the week and stuff like that. Call me selfish or old school but beating up on a lesser team and leaving kids out there running up the score isnt cool to see. The pedelum swings both ways so, if I were Lidl beef up the schedule a little. I understand team wins are big and not get the brakes beaten off you but find some middle ground you know
-Goucher I am wondering how the new coach will be coming back to his old roots to rebuild and start fresh. I think itll be a few years for them to make some real noise and bring in his own guys but I like that hes back. He built it up, it fell down and now hes here to rebuild I have to respect that. They do have good lacrosse in the dmv area but hard to compete with all the schools around there and especailly catholic being there too. They showed some promise at times but also some bad bad times too so I think this is a good spot
Juniate- Another new coach who I am interested to see in. Stumpo seems decent on paper but also looking at who he was playing against and coaching its not crazy impressive. I am glad they nabbed a guy with college experince and I am sure the hiring pool wasnt very huge. I didnt hate nobo and wonder what was the whole reason for him leaving. If I were stumpo I would jsut be the bad boys of the landmark like the 88 pistons. All the cards are against you why not throw the kitchen sink at every team. Run a 10 man ride, try some trick plays on offense, defense just be mean dudes. Everyones counting you out so why not be annoying and try to just be a headache for the other team. Ya might get lucky!

Does anyone know if any teams have started practice yet or heard any rumblings go on? I know we got the fallball and 23 shcedule treads so well find out that stuff soon but. Sorry for the long read bored at work and figured this would pass the time
Goucher has started gym training already and official practices start Monday. Fall ends with a trip to Hudson CC for a joint practice and scrimmage. They also will scrimmage another team that day, I just forgot who.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Do you have ties to Goucher? I wonder how the team feels having a new coaching staff come in. I heard they only have 20 on the team this year

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”