~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:34 am Get a room, guys.

MD fits this description to a tee:

A lot of the of the grievance politics and affinity-group-centric left these days is dedicated to identifying who is and is not allowed an opinion about a certain issue, who is supposed to “sit down” and who is supposed to “listen.”

I really hope Joe Mauer sees this Ellen Carmichael quote. He’ll understand, as will Cradle.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:52 am

A lot of the of the grievance politics and affinity-group-centric left these days is dedicated to identifying who is and is not allowed an opinion about a certain issue, who is supposed to “sit down” and who is supposed to “listen.”

I really hope Joe Mauer sees this Ellen Carmichael quote. He’ll understand, as will Cradle.
It's your blatant lies that are the problem, Petey...

For cradle, it's different. I don't see him as being purposely dishonest, much less as a core modus operandi. For him, it's just that when he wants to spout off about something, he tends to be choose to be as abrasive and offensive as possible rather than just sticking to his point. His points may well have merit and would be more appreciated by others if he simply chose to be more civil rather than 'hot.

BTW, do you work for Lafayette?
that would explain a lot.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:28 am

For cradle, it's different. I don't see him as being purposely dishonest, much less as a core modus operandi. For him, it's just that when he wants to spout off about something, he tends to be choose to be as abrasive and offensive as possible rather than just sticking to his point. His points may well have merit and would be more appreciated by others if he simply chose to be more civil rather than 'hot.

Your damn right I'm as abrasive as possible when it is appropriate. To paraphrase George Patton.. when I want my message to stick I give it to them loud and dirty. Tell me anyone you know MD that understands the term subtle nuance??? Besides yourself of course. None of my drill sargeants in Basic training gave a rats ass about how we felt. Their job was to transform us from civilian to soldier. Maybe your comfy cozy with the candy ass approach to dealing with life's little problems. I'm just fine and dandy with folks who are honest and strait forward and don't want to blow smoke up my ass. I've been use to that approach my entire life. It started with my mom who never gave two chits about how I would feel about what she had to say. She wasn't trying to me my buddy, she was doing her job as a parent. She even used very harsh 4 letter words to me at times. I'm glad for how my mom raised me and for her tough love when I needed it. Yesterday was mother's day. 25 years my mom has been gone. I miss her every damn day. She was a hard ass when she needed to be but was unselfish in her compassion for people who asked her for help. My mom's memorial service proved that to me. The number of people she trained at Rochester Telephone and
Worked for her showed up in huge numbers to pay their respects. I know for that reason my mom was right. Respect is not just given out.. respect is something you earn over the course of many years.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:31 am

Your damn right I'm as abrasive as possible when it is appropriate. To paraphrase George Patton.. when I want my message to stick I give it to them loud and dirty. Tell me anyone you know MD that understands the term subtle nuance??? Besides yourself of course. None of my drill sargeants in Basic training gave a rats ass about how we felt. Their job was to transform us from civilian to soldier. Maybe your comfy cozy with the candy ass approach to dealing with life's little problems. I'm just fine and dandy with folks who are honest and strait forward and don't want to blow smoke up my ass. I've been use to that approach my entire life. It started with my mom who never gave two chits about how I would feel about what she had to say. She wasn't trying to me my buddy, she was doing her job as a parent. She even used very harsh 4 letter words to me at times. I'm glad for how my mom raised me and for her tough love when I needed it. Yesterday was mother's day. 25 years my mom has been gone. I miss her every damn day. She was a hard ass when she needed to be but was unselfish in her compassion for people who asked her for help. My mom's memorial service proved that to me. The number of people she trained at Rochester Telephone and
Worked for her showed up in huge numbers to pay their respects. I know for that reason my mom was right. Respect is not just given out.. respect is something you earn over the course of many years.
As I said, I think your views would get more appreciation and consideration if you weren't intentionally abrasive and offensive. Assuming, of course, that you care "two chits" about anyone actually listening.

As to my 'candy ass approach to solving life's little problems" I'm quite comfortable that my approach works just fine, while yours appears to leave you quite embittered. I'm also confident that even now, in my relative dotage, bad back and all, I could take you in pretty much any contest of physical determination, whether on the wrestling mat, or anywhere else so, you can stick your 'candy ass' you know where. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:57 am

As I said, I think your views would get more appreciation and consideration if you weren't intentionally abrasive and offensive. Assuming, of course, that you care "two chits" about anyone actually listening.

As to my 'candy ass approach to solving life's little problems" I'm quite comfortable that my approach works just fine, while yours appears to leave you quite embittered. I'm also confident that even now, in my relative dotage, bad back and all, I could take you in pretty much any contest of physical determination, whether on the wrestling mat, or anywhere else so, you can stick your 'candy ass' you know where. ;)
Now that is an honest sentiment I can relate to. We have grown up in much different environments. When you tell me to stick it, in my world that is a sign of admiration and respect. When I truly dislike someone, I won't acknowledge that they even exist. Off topic but since I only dislike you sometimes I will share the reason for my love off gardening. We had a tiny back yard in my home growing up. I don't exactly remember when probably sometime around the late 60s my dad decided to plant tomatoes. As usual I was his little helper. We dug and fertilized and weeded and raked and planted about 10 beefsteak tomato plants. My dad taught how to weed them, stake them up tie them back. That was one of those things my dad and I did together for years later until I went into the army. We grew some of the best damn tomatoes you ever ate. Every year the first beefsteak we picked was used for the first BLT sammich of the season. I don't grow tomatoes just because I love them. I grow them to honor my dad and the passion he gave me for growing vegetables. For some damn reason I've never planted beefsteaks. I grow amazing tomatoes. I never thought I could grow them as well as my dad did. This year I'm planting beefsteaks, I plan on making my dad proud. Sometime around August 1st there will be a damn good BLT on sourdough bread.. with the lettuce from my garden. I'm gonna up my dad on that one..he never grew his own lettuce..
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Now that is an honest sentiment I can relate to. We have grown up in much different environments. When you tell me to stick it, in my world that is a sign of admiration and respect. When I truly dislike someone, I won't acknowledge that they even exist. Off topic but since I only dislike you sometimes I will share the reason for my love off gardening. We had a tiny back yard in my home growing up. I don't exactly remember when probably sometime around the late 60s my dad decided to plant tomatoes. As usual I was his little helper. We dug and fertilized and weeded and raked and planted about 10 beefsteak tomato plants. My dad taught how to weed them, stake them up tie them back. That was one of those things my dad and I did together for years later until I went into the army. We grew some of the best damn tomatoes you ever ate. Every year the first beefsteak we picked was used for the first BLT sammich of the season. I don't grow tomatoes just because I love them. I grow them to honor my dad and the passion he gave me for growing vegetables. For some damn reason I've never planted beefsteaks. I grow amazing tomatoes. I never thought I could grow them as well as my dad did. This year I'm planting beefsteaks, I plan on making my dad proud. Sometime around August 1st there will be a damn good BLT on sourdough bread.. with the lettuce from my garden. I'm gonna up my dad on that one..he never grew his own lettuce..
my mom was our organic gardener, and we continue to keep a great vegetable garden for her, letting her 'oversee' our work. My dad was more of, 'get your buddies to come over on Saturday morning for touch football, and then put us all to work for 2 hours raking leaves, then small coke...and play ball" My buddies loved coming..
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:29 pm

my mom was our organic gardener, and we continue to keep a great vegetable garden for her, letting her 'oversee' our work. My dad was more of, 'get your buddies to come over on Saturday morning for touch football, and then put us all to work for 2 hours raking leaves, then small coke...and play ball" My buddies loved coming..
My dad was a fanatic about his tomatoes. He passed that fanaticism off to me. It is a gift he gave me that I treasure every year at this time. My garden has been weeded, tilled and raked out. The next step is till in some peat moss and manure and next weekend the plants go in the ground. This weekend I'm getting a head start with lettuce and yellow beans.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

May 13, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson
May 14

Today was White House press secretary Jen Psaki’s last day at the White House after 15 months. She set out to restore truth, transparency, and accountability of the administration to the press, and to that end she has held 224 press briefings—together, all of former president Trump’s press secretaries combined held only 205 in his four years in office. Psaki gave her first press conference on January 20, 2021, the day of President Joe Biden’s inauguration, telling the press, “I have deep respect for the role of a free and independent press in our democracy and for the role all of you play,” before answering questions.

Psaki’s tenure has been notable for her ability to parry loaded questions, turning them into opportunities to provide facts and information. Her quick answers to leading questions have been labeled “Psaki bombs,” and they have enabled her to redirect the conversation without engaging in the hostility that former press secretaries sometimes fell into. Her conduct and evident respect for reporters has been an important corrective to the disrespect with which the press has often been treated by lawmakers in the recent past.

When she finished today’s briefing, she thanked members of the press. “You have challenged me, you have pushed me, you have debated me, and at times we have disagreed. That is democracy in action. That is it working.” She continued: “Thank you for what you do. Thank you for making me better. And most importantly, thank you for the work every day you do to make this country stronger.”

Karine Jean-Pierre will take Psaki’s spot as the White House press secretary. The first Black woman and openly LBGTQ person to serve as press secretary, Jean-Pierre has a background as a political analyst and worked as chief of staff for Vice President Kamala Harris during the 2020 presidential campaign.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I think this is wild hyperbole. Anything can look good next to a dumpster fire, see the friendasaurus after a few drinks at the bar. We should have higher standards and to me, personally, she was adequate at best, mediocre. About what I expected and had seen from the administration in general which is a breath of fresh air but we should demand excellence and she’s not that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Hyperbole is a good word for it.
Transparency is not a thing in that job. Whatever side you're on.
She was prolific, so I guess that counts for something.
But she really gave me the impression that she went to the George Costanza School of Press Briefings:

a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:25 pm Hyperbole is a good word for it.
But she really gave me the impression that she went to the George Costanza School of Press Briefings:

+1. Such a great line from Georgie C.

We should demand excellence...amen to that farfromgeneva!

Infrastructure bill was a great start. But that's all it was...a start. What is Biden doing to help the bottom 75% earners? That's the question he must answer.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:25 pm Hyperbole is a good word for it.

+1. Such a great line from Georgie C.

We should demand excellence...amen to that farfromgeneva!

Infrastructure bill was a great start. But that's all it was...a start. What is Biden doing to help the bottom 75% earners? That's the question he must answer.

While on my iPhone, I’m not able to see a ton of these media add-ons, just text. Either I’m on a shadow ban list here, or iPhone doesn’t work well with Fanlax?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just a friendly reminder of who we are dealing with: https://twitter.com/JimmyPrinceton/stat ... Sz5ldrw4pw
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

“Maga republicans” is the new talking point.

KJP: “When you are not with where the majority of Americans are, then that is extreme.”

It’s been going on for a while, but has ramped up a lot in the past few months.

Democrats consider themselves the majority and anyone who doesn't agree with them, their beliefs, and their opinions isn't just a minority, they are an EXTREMIST AND FASCIST.

You have to wonder who is writing this stuff, who is telling her and Joe to say these things.

I have never see such a divide and hate for people that think different then they do.

Has there ever been an administration as adept at passive aggressive gaslighting than this one?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

J'Biden was very careful to distinguish between the MAGAts and the "rest of the more normal Republicans" in his speech from the City of Brotherly Love.

Calling out the dangerous and uber-divisive "Big Lie" is hardly "passive aggressive gaslighting". Many democracy-loving voters have been WAITING for J'Biden to get more vocal about this most pernicious, divisive, yes, DANGEROUS LIE.

Watching what's happening in statehouses around the country, in states where brain-washed cultists are changing voting laws, attempting to put extra-constitutional powers into state legislatures, purging voter rolls and election offices...these things are anything BUT "thinking differently" from fellow Americans, it is, IN FACT, a dangerous trend, built on a set of TOTAL LIES propagated by the TOTAL MORON that is Benedict J. Trump.

Good ON ya, Joey. Keep exposing MAGAts for what they are, a total cancer on our body politic.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 am “Maga republicans” is the new talking point.

KJP: “When you are not with where the majority of Americans are, then that is extreme.”

Democrats consider themselves the majority and anyone who doesn't agree with them, their beliefs, and their opinions isn't just a minority, they are an EXTREMIST AND FASCIST.

You have to wonder who is writing this stuff, who is telling her and Joe to say these things.

I have never see such a divide and hate for people that think different then they do.

Has there ever been an administration as adept at passive aggressive gaslighting than this one?
... I think you need to look at the mote in your own party's eye. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:11 am “Maga republicans” is the new talking point.

Kram,

I think there's a very clear distinguishing between the Trump (cult) MAGA folks and other Republicans, indeed Biden was clear that he believes that "most Republicans" are not MAGA. But those who are have made very important choices that are indeed anti-democracy, fascist. By definition, such is extreme, as Biden was very clear that the majority of Americans, a large majority of Americans, do not hold these beliefs. Not just Democrats, but also most Independents, and indeed, most Republicans...according to Biden...but he was also clear that the GOP party's leadership has been captured, intimidated by the MAGA wing. And that, too, is a huge threat. I found the call to love America, to love our founding principles of democracy, to be very compelling and welcoming to those who share those values, regardless of other ideology or partisanship. And that's the majority of Americans.

My son discussed his views post speech as 'there's two parties, one is "majoritarian" and one is "anti-majoritarian". One party wants more people to vote, another wants fewer people to vote. One supports polices that a majority of Americans hold, one opposes those policies.

IMO, that didn't use to be the case for the GOP, but I find it really hard to now find a view or a policy position recently enacted, when the GOP is in full control (as exists in some states now and was the case for the first 2 years of the Trump Presidency) that is desired by a majority of all Americans.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kram-----for heaven's sake: have you not listened to your party leaders for the last decade?

You can't possibly be serious. Your party has been telling voters that the Dems are extremist lefties, hell bent on destroying America. And this started BEFORE Trump arrived. They hate America. They are socialists. They will destroy everything you love. 24/7, and amplified by the loudspeaker that is FoxNation.

I have no Earthly idea how you could possibly have missed this messaging.
ggait

Post by ggait »

I think there's a very clear distinguishing between the Trump (cult) MAGA folks and other Republicans, indeed Biden was clear that he believes that "most Republicans" are not MAGA.
Cranky Kram is just being intentionally doofus.

Liz Cheney is conservative AF, Republican, and in no way a MAGA.

Most Republicans are not deplorable, mouth breathing, violent, destructive, angry, fascist racists who are so easily duped by a dead end, toxic, criminal narcissist. But, unfortunately, maybe one third to one half of GOP identifiers are.

Like the idiot Marine/NYPD dude that just got 10 years yesterday. Like nihilistic performance artists like MTG, Jim Jordan, Boebert, Gaetz, Scott Perry, Paul Goesart, Cruz and Hawley. Those folks are six miles of bad road and should be opposed by all. Regardless of what your politics are.

The real problem is that the non-MAGA GOP can't live without the noxious deplorable MAGAs. Joe and Liz are rightly calling those folks out. But the normal GOP can't and won't do it. They pray every night for someone, anyone, else to do the job for them -- Liz, Merrick Garland, the Atlanta DA.

Kellyanne captures it perfectly:
Donald Trump’s former White House counselor, Kellyanne Conway, does not think Republicans should move on from her former boss, despite signs his control of the party could cost it the chance to take Congress in November.

Speaking to Fox News on Tuesday, Conway said: “Those who want to move on from Trump: You go first.”
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:07 am My son discussed his views post speech as 'there's two parties, one is "majoritarian" and one is "anti-majoritarian". One party wants more people to vote, another wants fewer people to vote. One supports polices that a majority of Americans hold, one opposes those policies.

IMO, that didn't use to be the case for the GOP, but I find it really hard to now find a view or a policy position recently enacted, when the GOP is in full control (as exists in some states now and was the case for the first 2 years of the Trump Presidency) that is desired by a majority of all Americans.
this is a really weird take. The "traditional" GOP - the one beholden to corporate America, the one everyone pines for - was quite clearly the party of limited access to voting. As far as the laws enacted by the GOP, at the federal level I think afan might agree that they have done a very "good" job of doing nothing and leaving no fingerprints. They simply don't seem to want to govern. At the state level, they are enacting laws that their constituents want and not enacting laws they don't want (as in KS with abortion rights). Just like California democrats are enacting laws their citizens want. Some of those laws may not be desired by the majority of all Americans, but that is a FEATURE of the US political experiment, not a bug. Texas and California should have slightly different laws.

The tyranny of the masses is a very real phenomenon - which is what I Kram was getting at in his post. That tyranny can be measured at many levels - federal, state, county, town.... The thing to do is have your system (we happen to have the best one in the world) and let it do its thing. You might be pleasantly surprised at what happens when you let people govern themselves (like in KS) rather than dictate from on high.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”