Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 am So, according to Bolton, you have a president who asks intelligence briefers to at times share documents after mostly verbal briefings. They take them back most of the time, but not all the time.

Then what? Here's what I've learned...
According to multiple sources who worked in the Trump White House, Trump had a tendency to work from the residence. He got briefed in the Oval and enjoyed the dining room, but enjoyed morning and evenings working from the residence. And he'd often take a pile of stuff
That transit, from West Wing to the residence, is where there was often a breakdown in the tracking of documents since most days few, if any, people confronted or asked Trump about what he was carrying, the sources said.
rump at times kept those piles at the residence. At some point, some of those misc. piles were boxed up.
COSTA: Why do you think he took potentially sensitive documents back to Florida after the presidency?
BOLTON: Because he thought he could get away with it.
"I was always concerned about him asking for those documents, because once he had them and we left the Oval Office, there's no telling what he did with them.

The point being is that all those documents that DOPUS took back to the residence that likely could have remained there could also have been packaged up and sent to MEL - this might explain the volume of documents that had to be removed in the three instances of return.
Not possible. Old Salt guaranteed us how classified documents are handled...there's a chain of custody that must be followed, no matter what.

This would mean that Trump broke a law. And the people he worked with enabled this lawlessness, breaking laws themselves.

And that's not possible. Trump's a Republican, fellas. Only Hillary would break a law. Duh.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:41 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:37 pm Apparently pizzasnake has never traveled with or transported classified matl.
You're speculating that the documents were handled lawfully. A bit of a stretch, to say the least.

You're not supposed to speculate....remember?
You are crazy. Where did I say that ?
I was pointing out that it is possible to transport TS/SCI documents legally.
:lol: Oh for heaven's sake.....you're mocking your fellow posters, and telling them that they don't understand how classified documents are handled.

This OBVIOUSLY implies that you are assuming TrumpTeam is handling them lawfully-------and seeing as how the FBI showed up to take the documents back, that's quite a leap and logic.

You're telling me that it's an accident/coincidence that you just couldn't muster the strength to type

You're playing the same stupid game tech used to play with me------use intentionally vague language, and then cry foul when the person you're supposedly communicating with clearly.....dares to read between the lines. And then, naturally....turn right around and read between the lines when you read my posts.

Next time? Add the phrase "this assumes Trump was following the law surrounding classified documents" if you don't want to get called out for what you write.

My opinion is that you're doing this intentionally, and playing games because you don't want to state the obvious, because of Trump's magic R. So you dance around saying that....and then yell at your fellow posters when they catch on to your game, and you play innocent, and claim you never defended Trump.

Yeah....ya did. You mocked us for not understanding how classified documents are handled, implying (duh) that you knew for certain TrumpTeam followed these laws.

Edit to add......that MAY turn out to be the case. But as I wrote we have NO CLUE as to what's in those documents, nor how they were handled over the last year+ since Trump left office. You implied you knew for certain....hence my reaction.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Just a quick question for all of the angry, hatefilled and judgemental FLP folks on this forum. This one is really, really, really easy, well at least for some of you...

What naval officer had the more impeccable career???

Would your answer be

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt

Think about it for awhile if the question is confusing to you all.

:D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What is “Who gives a s**t” for $1,000 Rochester Alex?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 pm What is “Who gives a s**t” for $1,000 Rochester Alex?
Well, well, well look what the cat dragged into the conversation?
ggait

Post by ggait »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:00 pm Just a quick question for all of the angry, hatefilled and judgemental FLP folks on this forum. This one is really, really, really easy, well at least for some of you...

Would your answer be

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt

Squirrel. Shiny keys.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:31 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:16 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:46 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:04 pm But anyone — either on the anti-Trump left or the Trump-skeptical right — who thinks that the FBI and Department of Justice’s credibility can survive in the eyes of the average, normie American if it prosecutes Donald J. Trump on very, very similar mishandling-of-classified-documents charges that Hillary avoided with nary a slap on the wrist is naïve to the point of lunacy.
So even MORE wild speculation? :lol:

We have no clue how these papers were handled, OS. Not. A. Clue. Yet here you and this guy are.....pretending like you already know.

And we have no clue if the papers themselves were far more dangerous than Hillary's emails. HIllary's emails? What was the most dangerous thing found on that email, OS? Can you even tell us? Big difference between some stupid pointless paperwork with a stamp "Top Secret" on it.....or if was the highest level of, say, stuff that deals with our nuclear weapons.

We don't know.

And you JUST mocked us for speculating. Come on, man. Pull it together.
Those are not my words. You are attributing that quote to me. I linked the source. More dishonest debate on your part.
:lol: :lol: Utter nonsense. Total buffalo bagels. YOU are the one playing dishonest games here.

So what you're telling me is that you posted this piece out of thin air, without comment.......to demonstrate that you disagree with his main point?

Stop playing games. This isn't a PhD dissertation, OS. When you post a piece that falls in line with the rest of Old Salt's defense of all things Republican (yet another whataboutHillary? piece, they're numbered now)......it's implied that you agree with main point the freaking citation.

And FFS, by all means, act like you don't know this. "Hey....I never said directly that I agree with this long piece...that I took the time to quote directly for all to see". :roll: You think I'm buying this? And you're calling my debate "dishonest". :lol: Yeah, right!

But sure....go ahead and tell me you posted it because you think this guy is wrong.....and yet didn't say as much with the citation.

I'll wait.
If you examine my entire post, you will note that the NR article addresses the exact whining point that ggaslight was using.

The same whiney whataboutism that you are so fond of.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:50 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:37 pm Apparently pizzasnake has never traveled with or transported classified matl.
You're speculating that the documents were handled lawfully. A bit of a stretch, to say the least.

:lol: Oh for heaven's sake.....you're mocking your fellow posters, and telling them that they don't understand how classified documents are handled.

This OBVIOUSLY implies that you are assuming TrumpTeam is handling them lawfully-------and seeing as how the FBI showed up to take the documents back, that's quite a leap and logic.
Wrong. I was referring to pizzasnake bringing up TS/SCI documents, as if it was not possible for Trump to have them in his possession at MaL or for TS/SCI matl to be transported & accessed there. I pointed out that when he was in office, there had to be some sort of SCIF at MaL for POTUS & travelling NSC staff to access TS/SCI matl when he was in residence there. Subsequently, Jimmy Olsen posted a NYT leak that the MaL SCIF was supposedly disassembled at some point. It may be unreasonable to the frothing zealots in this forum to ask about declassification dates & status, or chain of custody, but those are issues that DoJ will eventually have to address & reveal.
You're telling me that it's an accident/coincidence that you just couldn't muster the strength to type

You're playing the same stupid game tech used to play with me------use intentionally vague language, and then cry foul when the person you're supposedly communicating with clearly.....dares to read between the lines. And then, naturally....turn right around and read between the lines when you read my posts.It's only stupid because you make it so with your biased assumptions on complex issues in which you have limited subject matter knowledge.

Next time? Add the phrase "this assumes Trump was following the law surrounding classified documents" if you don't want to get called out for what you write. It has yet to be established that he has not. Thus my initial statement that I'm waiting for more officially released info before I opine.

My opinion is that you're doing this intentionally, and playing games because you don't want to state the obvious, because of Trump's magic R. So you dance around saying that....and then yell at your fellow posters when they catch on to your game, and you play innocent, and claim you never defended Trump.I have not defended Trump. I'm waiting for hard official evidence which proves the accusations made in this forum.

Yeah....ya did. You mocked us for not understanding how classified documents are handled, implying (duh) that you knew for certain TrumpTeam followed these laws.Show us where I made the implication that they followed the law. I simply pointed out that it was legally possible for TS/SCI matl to be at MaL, depending on the details.

Edit to add......that MAY turn out to be the case. But as I wrote we have NO CLUE as to what's in those documents, nor how they were handled over the last year+ since Trump left office. You implied you knew for certain....hence my reaction.How many times do I have to post that I'm waiting for more official information to be released before getting all spooled up & jumping to conclusions, like you & your fellow character assassins have.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Wrong. I was referring to pizzasnake bringing up TS/SCI documents, as if it was not possible for Trump to have them in his possession at MaL or for TS/SCI matl to be transported & accessed there. I pointed out that when he was in office, there had to be some sort of SCIF at MaL for POTUS & travelling NSC staff to access TS/SCI matl when he was in residence there. Subsequently, Jimmy Olsen posted a NYT leak that the MaL SCIF was supposedly disassembled at some point. It may be unreasonable to the frothing zealots in this forum to ask about declassification dates & status, or chain of custody, but those are issues that DoJ will eventually have to address & reveal.

You're playing the same stupid game tech used to play with me------use intentionally vague language, and then cry foul when the person you're supposedly communicating with clearly.....dares to read between the lines. And then, naturally....turn right around and read between the lines when you read my posts.It's only stupid because you make it so with your biased assumptions on complex issues in which you have limited subject matter knowledge.

Next time? Add the phrase "this assumes Trump was following the law surrounding classified documents" if you don't want to get called out for what you write. It has yet to be established that he has not. Thus my initial statement that I'm waiting for more officially released info before I opine.

My opinion is that you're doing this intentionally, and playing games because you don't want to state the obvious, because of Trump's magic R. So you dance around saying that....and then yell at your fellow posters when they catch on to your game, and you play innocent, and claim you never defended Trump.I have not defended Trump. I'm waiting for hard official evidence which proves the accusations made in this forum.

Yeah....ya did. You mocked us for not understanding how classified documents are handled, implying (duh) that you knew for certain TrumpTeam followed these laws.Show us where I made the implication that they followed the law. I simply pointed out that it was legally possible for TS/SCI matl to be at MaL, depending on the details.

Edit to add......that MAY turn out to be the case. But as I wrote we have NO CLUE as to what's in those documents, nor how they were handled over the last year+ since Trump left office. You implied you knew for certain....hence my reaction.How many times do I have to post that I'm waiting for more official information to be released before getting all spooled up & jumping to conclusions, like you & your fellow character assassins have.
Wow! Someone here doesn’t know jackshite about top secret, or any government document handling and custody…and that person isn’t me.

But hey, bluster on if it makes you happy or … pays your bills.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:58 pm

Wow! Someone here doesn’t know jackshite about top secret, or any government document handling and custody…and that person isn’t me.

But hey, bluster on if it makes you happy or … pays your bills.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:00 pm Just a quick question for all of the angry, hatefilled and judgemental FLP folks on this forum. This one is really, really, really easy, well at least for some of you...

Would your answer be

A) Hunter Biden

B) Old Salt

Squirrel. Shiny keys.
Simple question, lame ass attempt at a put down... :D Come on counselor, your lame ass can do better than that.You should stop chasing ambulances and FOCUS on the subject at hand. :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 pm And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
So ultimately how did things work out for Benedict?? He must have been related to Gen Flynn a hero turned traitor. Arnold died in England as the pathetic traitor that he was. My point is simple, there is a very fine line between hero and traitor.
So I ask the same question again... Who is the one naval officer deserving of the respect of our nation??

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

The answer is so easy that even a Fanlax liberal can figure it out... :D
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LOL, saw this over the weekend:

"Trump demanding documents FBI planted back!"
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:57 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:55 pm And to the extreme, Benedict Arnold led the Continental Army to its first major victory of the American Revolution at Saratoga. What’s your point?
So ultimately how did things work out for Benedict?? He must have been related to Gen Flynn a hero turned traitor. Arnold died in England as the pathetic traitor that he was. My point is simple, there is a very fine line between hero and traitor.
So I ask the same question again... Who is the one naval officer deserving of the respect of our nation??

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

Ray Spruance.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

Cradle, I can only speak for me but suspect others here also take issue with your consistent attempts to correlate military service with some sort of ability for someone's opinions or successive activities to never be questioned. There is no correlation.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Sweet; going to Nixon for rebuttal:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1558840035595657220
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am Sweet; going to Nixon for rebuttal:

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1558840035595657220
Pardoning Nixon has come back to bite us in the …
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:55 am

A) Old Salt

B) Hunter Biden

Cradle, I can only speak for me but suspect others here also take issue with your consistent attempts to correlate military service with some sort of ability for someone's opinions or successive activities to never be questioned. There is no correlation.
I don't understand your point. Does having served your country honorably and having met and served with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known in my life should I just simply forget all of the chit we went through together?; I guess it creates a love and a bond for the people you served with that none of you who didn't serve will ever understand. The quick answer to your question is YES, I do on most issues trust the higher ups that led my fellow soldiers. I can give you an example. My company commander of A Company 2/508 battalion airborne infantry was a true hard ass named Capt Michael Reopel. He beat our asses into the ground, he would look for the longest possible road march back to our barracks. The worse the weather the better. This was during the Iran hostage crisis. Our company was in formation in front of our barracks and Capt Reopel was giving us an update on the sitrep. Jimmy Carter was still POTUS. A soldier in formation made a derogatory statement about President Carter. Capt Reopel went off on all of us. We got the big lecture about never insulting our CiC and how he never wanted to hear a comment like that again from any soldier under his command. I'm certain that Capt Reopel was no fan of Jimmy Carter. What he was made him dedicated and loyal to this country and always faithful and respectful of our CiC. In a nutshell, I normally do hold most of our military higher ups to a huge degree of respect. That is not because I'm a lap dog but because I have a huge respect for the sacrifices I know these officers have made to serve their country and lead the men and women that serve under them. I can say that because I had the privilege to be led by just such an officer. If our company had been sent anywhere we were needed we were all as ready and prepared as we could be. The process of being that kind of ready involves the kind of hard work and dedication most of you will never know.

Return to “POLITICS”