Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:39 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:23 pm If Democrats believe that the intimidation game is to their advantage, I’d remind them that the game is always won by those with more muscle and more guns; they’ll be begging to go back into civil times.
:lol: Skipped over our labor history, too, Petey?

Did you study ANYTHING at college? Anything at all?
Labor won? News to me.

Who skipped history, again?
:lol: Pete....who the F do you think labor is in 2022? The average TrumpNut in rural America that MAY have a GED?

Or the coastal liberal elites you hate so much that have multiple degrees from top Universities?

Or I'll make it even easier for you to understand: do you think idiotic libs who show up to someone's home, or dinner table has worked with their hands at any point during their life?

These are the rich liberal wankers who HIRED the Pinkerton's Pete. Wake up.

a fan, I live in a red state. My friends span all kinds of income strata, but obviously many of my buddies are business owners. Several are billionaires.

My industry is chock full of very very successful guys and gals, many of whom have enjoyed multiple liquidity events. In my circle of let’s say 500 or so active or retired Founders/CEO’s, I can’t count more than 10 that identify as Democrats. It’s a tiny minority. But they’re my buds regardless.

Further, Many of my rich buddies live in big cities, in blue states. Most ain’t libs. My circle isn’t the finance and legal side, more the entrepreneur, the guys who’ve really made it.

The guys who hired Pinkertons (ironically I know the former CEO) weren’t libs like you think.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :roll: buddies
How many were born with the silver spoon of Petey's world?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:15 pm :lol: :roll: buddies
How many were born with the silver spoon of Petey's world?

None.

Unlike yourself, most entrepreneurs are humble and earn their way in life. Successful leaders don’t brag where they went to college; they really don’t care.

The two most successful founders I know attended Eastern Michigan University and the University of a Michigan. Each owns a jet worth close to $100 million. And you’ve never heard of them unless you work in their industries.

In the times I’ve shared meals with them, I promise the subject of college as some sort of prestige commentary not only has never come up, but that would be the last meal you’d share with both.

Your world is alien to me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D we know that you are the product of a silver spoon, Petey.
You shared. long ago, some of your background.
Family money.

I assumed that the entrepreneurs you claim are your "buddies" would mostly not be "silver spoon", though I know an awful lot of successful entrepreneurs who came from middle and upper middle class families and solid educations (though some leave college early to start their businesses). Very few of the most successful do not have such access. It's always remarkable when they did not, especially in the last 30 years or so. Earlier generations somewhat different when blue collar based companies had such an immense positive wave to ride post WWII.

I don't doubt that you think having a meal with someone makes them your buddies. :roll:

BTW, Michigan is a top 3 public university, very much an "elite" level school.
Eastern Michigan University is not...interesting that you would even know where these guys went to school...someone mentioned? Or did you google/stalk them? :lol:

I don't doubt that most of your industry elites are lifelong Republicans (like me!). The GOP has been very, very good for their business interests.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am :D we know that you are the product of a silver spoon, Petey.
Family money.

I assumed that the entrepreneurs you claim are your "buddies" would mostly not be "silver spoon", though I know an awful lot of successful entrepreneurs who came from middle and upper middle class families and solid educations (though some leave college early to start their businesses). Very few of the most successful do not have such access. It's always remarkable when they did not, especially in the last 30 years or so. Earlier generations somewhat different when blue collar based companies had such an immense positive wave to ride post WWII.

I don't doubt that you think having a meal with someone makes them your buddies. :roll:

Eastern Michigan University is not...interesting that you would even know where these guys went to school...someone mentioned? Or did you google/stalk them? :lol:

I don't doubt that most of your industry elites are lifelong Republicans (like me!). The GOP has been very, very good for their business interests.
We should not forget how the Democrat party has been very, very good to the business interests of their supporters. There are not a lot of poor folks in the US Senate. I wonder how you can enter the US Senate too broke to pay attention and in just a few years your a multi-millionaire??? I guess it is just dumb luck??? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 am :D we know that you are the product of a silver spoon, Petey.
Family money.

We should not forget how the Democrat party has been very, very good to the business interests of their supporters. There are not a lot of poor folks in the US Senate. I wonder how you can enter the US Senate too broke to pay attention and in just a few years your a multi-millionaire??? I guess it is just dumb luck??? :D
Putting aside the snide aspects of your comment, which I think are irrelevant (other than a correct observation of the power of money and lobbyists in politics) I think it's fair to say that both parties have been very, very good for wealthy folks over the last 4 decades, notwithstanding the differences on the margins. There's really no argument that the concentration of wealth has grown markedly, and, correspondingly that it's grown much harder to achieve a middle class lifestyle as a young person without a college degree. Or with a college degree for that matter to achieve the lifestyle of their parents.

Neither party has done a particularly good job for working class Americans.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:16 am
Family money.

Putting aside the snide aspects of your comment, which I think are irrelevant (other than a correct observation of the power of money and lobbyists in politics) I think it's fair to say that both parties have been very, very good for wealthy folks over the last 4 decades, notwithstanding the differences on the margins. There's really no argument that the concentration of wealth has grown markedly, and, correspondingly that it's grown much harder to achieve a middle class lifestyle as a young person without a college degree. Or with a college degree for that matter to achieve the lifestyle of their parents.

There is nothing "snide" about my comment. Do you know a member of the US Senate who left office worse off financially than when they first took office?? That is true of members of both parties. The last major politician who left office dirt poor was Harry Truman. He never cashed in from his time in office. More politicians should pay attention to the ethics that give em hell Harry possessed. It didn't make him popular. When he said " the buck stops here" you know he meant it. You know of any current politicians today that embrace that philosophy? I'm all ears if you know of one.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:46 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:16 am
Family money.

There is nothing "snide" about my comment. Do you know a member of the US Senate who left office worse off financially than when they first took office?? That is true of members of both parties. The last major politician who left office dirt poor was Harry Truman. He never cashed in from his time in office. More politicians should pay attention to the ethics that give em hell Harry possessed. It didn't make him popular. When he said " the buck stops here" you know he meant it. You know of any current politicians today that embrace that philosophy? I'm all ears if you know of one.
I think you can glean from my response that I think that the power of money and lobbyists have an inherently corrupting effect, and that goes for both parties.

That said, I'm definitely NOT in the camp that there are no honest politicians who have fundamental integrity and are not there for personal financial gain, at least no more than any other person in a career of progressive financial reward (which is true for most any career). Painfully, the incentives in the system do not reinforce integrity, rather they reinforce partisanship and downright weasel behavior. So, when politicians stand up to those forces, I think that should be noted and IMO should be rewarded by us voters.

For instance, and simply by example, I think we're seeing a handful of such positive examples happening right now from the Republicans who resisted Trump's attempts at a coup, and those who are being public about such today. This requires integrity in the face of enormous pressure.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm Unlike yourself, most entrepreneurs are humble and earn their way in life. Successful leaders don’t brag where they went to college; they really don’t care.
:lol: They brag where they went to college when they're begging for 1st round financing Pete. Unless, like so many, they just got their startup money from Daddy and their rich friends....and pretend like they "did it all themselves".
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm In the times I’ve shared meals with them, I promise the subject of college as some sort of prestige commentary not only has never come up, but that would be the last meal you’d share with both.
Sure, Pete. They just find something else to brag about...things like, oh, I don't know....
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm Each owns a jet worth close to $100 million
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:46 am The last major politician who left office dirt poor was Harry Truman. He never cashed in from his time in office. More politicians should pay attention to the ethics that give em hell Harry possessed. It didn't make him popular. When he said " the buck stops here" you know he meant it. You know of any current politicians today that embrace that philosophy? I'm all ears if you know of one.
Jimmy Carter. He was EXACTLY what the Republicans have been asking for decades.

USNA grad. THE most straight up Christian POTUS we've EVER had. Famously eschewed government cars, and brought in sack lunches when he was in the Georgia Governorship. Viewed himself, correctly, as a public servant, not as a king. Sold his assets to avoid conflicts of interest.

Didn't horse trade and play games with Congress, buying their votes with pork.....just like Republicans CLAIM they wanted.

Result? Republican voters hated him with the passion of ten suns. :lol: :lol:

It would take you 1,000 years to explain this outcome to a foreigner. "Wait....so they hated Carter??" :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Does a functioning political party allow this person to be a candidate for one of the 100 seats available in the Senate?

https://twitter.com/stphnfwlr/status/15 ... 5112676352
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CONservative Herschel Walker (who used to complain about racism in Minneapolis and was kicked out of town) now wants to become Georgia Senator:

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1 ... -ever-seen

The guy clearly is mentally unstable and has a well established record of violence and the threat of mass violence. While this is so typical of many on the far right, this proves he is unfit for political office.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

The persecution complex and projection are on full display here:

Charges: Man lit his camper on fire, defaced own garage to appear targeted due to Trump flag

I guess the grift was the main purpose, like most of these people. The persecution was just the cherry on top.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:01 am The persecution complex and projection are on full display here:

Charges: Man lit his camper on fire, defaced own garage to appear targeted due to Trump flag

I guess the grift was the main purpose, like most of these people. The persecution was just the cherry on top.
Sounds like GOP congressman material.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm Unlike yourself, most entrepreneurs are humble and earn their way in life. Successful leaders don’t brag where they went to college; they really don’t care.
:lol: They brag where they went to college when they're begging for 1st round financing Pete. Unless, like so many, they just got their startup money from Daddy and their rich friends....and pretend like they "did it all themselves".
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm In the times I’ve shared meals with them, I promise the subject of college as some sort of prestige commentary not only has never come up, but that would be the last meal you’d share with both.
Sure, Pete. They just find something else to brag about...things like, oh, I don't know....
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:36 pm Each owns a jet worth close to $100 million
That’s nothing. My jet has propellers worth almost that much.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CONservative ideology fully illustrated:

https://i.imgur.com/zBIvVKg.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:36 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:46 am The last major politician who left office dirt poor was Harry Truman. He never cashed in from his time in office. More politicians should pay attention to the ethics that give em hell Harry possessed. It didn't make him popular. When he said " the buck stops here" you know he meant it. You know of any current politicians today that embrace that philosophy? I'm all ears if you know of one.

USNA grad. THE most straight up Christian POTUS we've EVER had. Famously eschewed government cars, and brought in sack lunches when he was in the Georgia Governorship. Viewed himself, correctly, as a public servant, not as a king. Sold his assets to avoid conflicts of interest.

Didn't horse trade and play games with Congress, buying their votes with pork.....just like Republicans CLAIM they wanted.

It would take you 1,000 years to explain this outcome to a foreigner. "Wait....so they hated Carter??" :lol:
This is so true that it hurts. In my lifetime, Carter was the best man to hold the office. He was too decent, and unfortunately did not have a proper appreciate for the enormity of the office - he thought he could do it all himself.

I think if you were able to time travel him to today and have him run as a Republican - he would win the nomination in a landslide. The grass roots of the GOP has changed from the pro-corp/big business party it was in the 70's.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
old salt

Post by old salt »

The GOP has adopted the Ross Perot / Pat Buchanan platform.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:58 pm The GOP has adopted the Ross Perot / Pat Buchanan platform.
No, they haven't. They TALKED about it. And sorry, that's not the same thing.

We're still trading with China. We're still without health care for our workers. We still don't have a plan to shift flyover Americans into training for high paying jobs. Unions are all but gone, and the R's killed them. We still have military bases all over the world. We're INCREASING military spending.

They have to actually LEGISLATE POLICY, OS. Campaign BS does nothing but let rural and working class America fall further and further behind.

And yep, the Dems that are IN CHARGE don't have plans, either. The handful of lefties you hate so much? They're actually formulating plans...but they have no power. Pelosi is running that show. And Schumer. And Biden? He's out to lunch.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:36 am

+1 Jimmy Carter had my vote back in 1976, my first vote in a national election. The problem was the issues facing our nation were too big for President Carter to deal with. The chitshow in Iran was the final nail in his political coffin.

Return to “POLITICS”