2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

Re: 2022 Women’s Lacrosse World Championship

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty.
Not to be fresh…but is that not most teams? Might be a personality difference but to harbor that feeling about that many teams sounds exhausting to me
Not teams …specific players on those teams .
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:59 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty.
Not to be fresh…but is that not most teams? Might be a personality difference but to harbor that feeling about that many teams sounds exhausting to me
Not teams …specific players on those teams .
Yes sorry I did not factor the end of your original post into my thoughts “kids that he has tried to recruit”
DMac

Post by DMac »

user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:12 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:09 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 pm I’m sorry I can’t support world lacrosse sizes. Looks fun and fast but seems like a game you’d play at practice
Sizes? What's that means?
Got the best in the world running around with sticks and the ball playing the game at a pretty high level (nope, not all teams but it's the highest level they've attained so far), what's not to like there? I don't know what support means but if it means not watching, that seems to me to be just missing some pretty lacrosse.
World lacrosse sixes*
My mistake
Oh, not a sixes fan either.
This Canada-USA game was a fantastic display of wlax, the USA lives up to the billing. The last 3 or 4 they scored were just nothing but smooth and pretty (Treanor's 1v1 with the GK was some mighty nice stickwork). Canada looking pretty sweet too, gave the US a pretty good run. Missed the first three quarters, looking forward to watching the replay.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:39 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:33 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:50 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:05 am i looked at team canada's roster and they have some solid players. a few very good players, a bunch of good players, no one elite. They'll probably give USA the toughest game. Team USA is basically an all-star team full of elite superstars. USA could field another 5 teams and they'll all finish 1-5. I'm not saying this to sing USA's praises..i'm saying this because i'm legit scared of what they're gonna do to some of these poor teams. This team feels different..better than years past. Lacrosse is just not that important globally for the international audience to commit the necessary amount of resources to be competitive.
It’s a team of super stars with a lot of hype. Maybe competition was better in years past . I’m still suprised with Ortega accolades and her own coach being on Team USA that she wasn’t chosen. Hendrick is ok but no JO. Going to surmise it was a Spallina move - no love lost there ….regardless I expect Team USA to crush all competition.
Did Ortega flip a commitment to UNC from SB or something ? I would hope Spallina is a better person than that.
Not flip a commitment …let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty. USC, Florida and UNC have all had issues.
So you want people to believe that an old axe to grind by 1 of 4 coaches. An axe from an assistant coach no less……..is going to have more weight than all the other coaches? Including the player in questions college coach who is the head coach. Not buying what you’re trying to sell. Perhaps she just didn’t have a good tryout.
1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times that they played each other so yes I do believe that.
Believe what ya want. Could be. I’m going to think a professional acts like a professional.

That goal by Dolby(sp?) was impressive
I mean it’s stuff I have been told directly by affected players and from SB players even - So I think I have a little bit more info than a casual observer .
Great……name the players.
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:49 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:12 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:09 pm
user1020 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 pm I’m sorry I can’t support world lacrosse sizes. Looks fun and fast but seems like a game you’d play at practice
Sizes? What's that means?
Got the best in the world running around with sticks and the ball playing the game at a pretty high level (nope, not all teams but it's the highest level they've attained so far), what's not to like there? I don't know what support means but if it means not watching, that seems to me to be just missing some pretty lacrosse.
World lacrosse sixes*
My mistake
Oh, not a sixes fan either.
This Canada-USA game was a fantastic display of wlax, the USA lives up to the billing. The last 3 or 4 they scored were just nothing but smooth and pretty (Treanor's 1v1 with the GK was some mighty nice stickwork). Canada looking pretty sweet too, gave the US a pretty good run. Missed the first three quarters, looking forward to watching the replay.
Was a fun game to watch. Canada hung tough.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Fun game for both teams

USA is good all over the field. Canada played well and I’m glad they gave USA some competition. Cordingley and Donnie are fun
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I am just going to put this out there her name is
Dana Dobbie
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:08 pm I am just going to put this out there her name is
Dana Dobbie
I knew her name. I was just to lazy to look up the spelling. Thanks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dana Dobbie is unbelievable!! I was completely blown away the first couple of times I saw her play.
The Great One? The best? She better be in that discussion.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:12 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:08 pm I am just going to put this out there her name is
Dana Dobbie
I knew her name. I was just to lazy to look up the spelling. Thanks.
All good, I’ve been there & that’s why I decided to post
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:05 am i looked at team canada's roster and they have some solid players. a few very good players, a bunch of good players, no one elite. They'll probably give USA the toughest game. Team USA is basically an all-star team full of elite superstars. USA could field another 5 teams and they'll all finish 1-5. I'm not saying this to sing USA's praises..i'm saying this because i'm legit scared of what they're gonna do to some of these poor teams. This team feels different..better than years past. Lacrosse is just not that important globally for the international audience to commit the necessary amount of resources to be competitive.
It’s a team of super stars with a lot of hype. Maybe competition was better in years past . I’m still suprised with Ortega accolades and her own coach being on Team USA that she wasn’t chosen. Hendrick is ok but no JO. Going to surmise it was a Spallina move - no love lost there ….regardless I expect Team USA to crush all competition.
Did Ortega flip a commitment to UNC from SB or something ? I would hope Spallina is a better person than that.
Not flip a commitment …let’s just say Joe has always been sore if you don’t chooose SB when you are from Long Island and then when he plays against teams with kids that he has tried to recruit some things can get nasty. USC, Florida and UNC have all had issues.
So you want people to believe that an old axe to grind by 1 of 4 coaches. An axe from an assistant coach no less……..is going to have more weight than all the other coaches? Including the player in questions college coach who is the head coach. Not buying what you’re trying to sell. Perhaps she just didn’t have a good tryout.
1) Joe was in charge of selecting attackers Levy was in charge of selecting midfielders. 2) he has made comments about her in the in the press a few times that they played each other so yes I do believe that.
Believe what ya want. Could be. I’m going to think a professional acts like a professional.

I mean it’s stuff I have been told directly by affected players and from SB players even - So I think I have a little bit more info than a casual observer .
Great……name the players.
Why? You don’t believe me ? 😂 I’m not outing players. But in lacrosse circles….there is a lot of chatter.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I believe it with college teams and don't think it's limited to Spallina. Politics at all levels happens and it's crappy. Repeat, I hope Spallina would be a better person.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 pm Dana Dobbie is unbelievable!! I was completely blown away the first couple of times I saw her play.
She was the best player out there if you ask me. Circle players need to be better to beat the US. Her instincts and hand quickness are unreal.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 pm Dana Dobbie is unbelievable!! I was completely blown away the first couple of times I saw her play.
She was the best player out there if you ask me. Circle players need to be better to beat the US. Her instincts and hand quickness are unreal.
In terms of stick skills she's probably the best ever. That goal she scored was up there with the best i've ever seen at any level men or women. i'll say Kayla Treanor was pretty damn impressive. reminded me just how freakin good she was in college. IMO she's always been better than Cummings. Total package and it was her who ushered in this new era of women's lacrosse.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup. Combine Kayla's skills with running around the field with Gary Gait for four years and that's the result you get.
Gary is a big part of ushering in this new era.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

And Treanor likely grew up watching Katrina Dowd
DMac

Post by DMac »

“Katrina has changed the game. We’re all the lucky ones to be able to play with Katrina Dowd. She has one of the most brilliant minds in lacrosse.”
— Kayla Treanor
https://www.katrinadowdlacrosse.com/about
Another one who is grateful for her time around Gary, speaks very highly of him.
I missed Katrina's time, was before I had any interest in wlax at all. Watched
a lot of her highlight reels then caught her in the pros...yes, another Great One.
Trixie Dixie?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Dana Dobbie
My mistake I know her name, but I had another typo
Bart

Post by Bart »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:30 pm
Bart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:51 pm

Great……name the players.
Why? You don’t believe me ? 😂 I’m not outing players. But in lacrosse circles….there is a lot of chatter.
Believe you? No clue. We were having a discussion. Disagreed on that discussion and you used this line to bolster your position on that discussion. I asked for you to back that up. You chose not not. You choice.

If I had said I know people close to the situation, which I do not, who say this is not the case I would expect to be called out to name that person. If I was unwilling to do so then perhaps I should not have invoked that line of thought.

There is always lots of chatter in lacrosse circles. Probably 10% of it is accurate.........just spitballing ;)
Bart

Post by Bart »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:30 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:16 pm
In terms of stick skills she's probably the best ever. That goal she scored was up there with the best i've ever seen at any level men or women. i'll say Kayla Treanor was pretty damn impressive. reminded me just how freakin good she was in college. IMO she's always been better than Cummings. Total package and it was her who ushered in this new era of women's lacrosse.
The two players you mention were certainly a pleasure to watch last night. There was so much talent out on that field last night it was just fun to watch.

Looking at Canada's roster...they appear very young with 10 players still in college and another 3 just graduated this year.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”