THE 2019 Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: THE Hopkins Lacrosse Fallout Shelter (44, we want more!)

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

OCanada wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:28 pm Are the percentages Larry’s numbers or a different formula? I ask because Larry has legal rights to it but I don’t know the status of itcrekarive to the previous owner and possible non compete clauses etc
OC,

laf set up LaxBytes prior to the demise of LP.

He’s calculating his Tournament indicator data. TSI I think is what it’s called (it’s 2:45 AM, I’m hungover, and I’m not going to look it up at the moment).

So, it’s not the Power Rankings per se.

Traded emails with Larry a couple of weeks ago. He’s still trying to get the LaxPower domain name back from Active, but I’m sure they are asking for some stupidly exorbitant price.

Are you enjoying my carrion references? :)

I’m about to disappear, Navy OP. Will miss Homecoming.

Good luck this weekend everyone.

W
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Wombat, I do.

Naval Academy is cycling its new defensive FB coaches through the neighborhood. Nice guys. Tell USN to treat you as you should be treated
viper

Post by viper »

OCanada wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:26 am Wombat, I do.

Naval Academy is cycling its new defensive FB coaches through the neighborhood. Nice guys. Tell USN to treat you as you should be treated
Like carrion????? :D :D :D
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

:).
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 am
OCanada wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:28 pm Are the percentages Larry’s numbers or a different formula? I ask because Larry has legal rights to it but I don’t know the status of itcrekarive to the previous owner and possible non compete clauses etc
OC,

laf set up LaxBytes prior to the demise of LP.

He’s calculating his Tournament indicator data. TSI I think is what it’s called (it’s 2:45 AM, I’m hungover, and I’m not going to look it up at the moment).

So, it’s not the Power Rankings per se.

Traded emails with Larry a couple of weeks ago. He’s still trying to get the LaxPower domain name back from Active, but I’m sure they are asking for some stupidly exorbitant price.

Are you enjoying my carrion references? :)

I’m about to disappear, Navy OP. Will miss Homecoming.

Good luck this weekend everyone.

W
laf’s new forum is taking new registrations.
Laxnumbers.
DakotaDan is there.
Did not see that other guy.
Though I’m sure he’ll magically appear as soon as wombat registers.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

rutgers finally looked good last weekend.
you guys nervous?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm rutgers finally looked good last weekend.
you guys nervous?
Anyone who's not is living in Doc's fantasy land.

Rutgers always plays us tough. Mullins and Charalambides are a handful. They play solid defense and can get up and down when they want to and thrive off unsettled situations. Edelmann might be the hottest goalie in the country. I don't think we match up especially well with them—maybe faceoffs could go in our favor and I like Epstein's odds of winning his matchup now that the Scarlet Knights are without their top cover guy of the last several years, Rexrode. Other than that I'm not sure where else on the field we have an advantage. Now is the time of the year—this year, especially—when someone just needs to step up. I know that's not exactly the most complex analysis but ultimately it may boil down to just that. Guys have to make plays. Williams had a nice game against Rutgers last year—Saturday would be a wonderful time for him to get out of his funk.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Of course, I'm nervous. I'll be there with the other '69 old farts. A win and we play on. A loss and we are probably done! :oops:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/4/5 ... unced.aspx

https://vimeo.com/299744890/f2f16ea8f9

Remember like a week ago when some of you were saying Shanahan doesn't care about the success of the program?
FACEvalue

Post by FACEvalue »

Seriously?

“I don’t want to lose site ...”

May want to check that.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/4/5 ... unced.aspx

Remember like a week ago when some of you were saying Shanahan doesn't care about the success of the program?
they just redid the field and built them a facility. the nutrition and strength things are a joke. When I was there the team headlined by the 05/08 classes ate their meals at wolman and pjs (taco tuesday night was a huge hit), often used the regular student weight room and had huge success. "Let them eat more kind bars and organic turkey avocado wraps instead of utz chips and terrace pizza" sounds like it's made a huge difference on the field this year though.

onwards to Rutgers.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:13 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2019/4/5 ... unced.aspx

The endowment was mentioned by 51%. And most of the issue is with Daniels. As for Shanahan the question was how much loyalty she has to Petro given that she didn't hire him. He was a TC hire.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

steel_hop wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:00 pm
The endowment was mentioned by 51%. And most of the issue is with Daniels. As for Shanahan the question was how much loyalty she has to Petro given that she didn't hire him. He was a TC hire.
Go back and read some of those posts. People were questioning her commitment to lacrosse.

jhu06 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:50 am
they just redid the field and built them a facility. the nutrition and strength things are a joke. When I was there the team headlined by the 05/08 classes ate their meals at wolman and pjs (taco tuesday night was a huge hit), often used the regular student weight room and had huge success. "Let them eat more kind bars and organic turkey avocado wraps instead of utz chips and terrace pizza" sounds like it's made a huge difference on the field this year though.

onwards to Rutgers.
If we had Harrison, Rabil, Bocklet, Peyser, Doneger, Huntley, Byrne, and Evans on this team I'd let them eat whatever they wanted too.

The team goes to Sammy's Trattoria the night before gamedays and they eat at Pete's Grille all the time, including mornings before games. They're doing just fine. Having some free Clif bars in the Cordish Center does not mean players are never allowed to have a slice of pizza.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

How many other schools are trying to raise $10 million in endowment for their Division I lacrosse programs? One thing for certain ... President Daniels had to support this campaign or it wouldn’t exist.

Face it folks, President Daniels has been an outstanding president for Johns Hopkins. Can’t blame him or his administration for any recent downturn in the lacrosse program.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Specifically who was accusing Shanahan of not caring about the program ? Who is some of you?

Investment in facilities is a step forward and very long overdue.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:27 pm Specifically who was accusing Shanahan of not caring about the program ? Who is some of you?

Investment in facilities is a step forward and very long overdue.
viewtopic.php?p=35652#p35652

There have been (unfounded) insinuations from the moment she was hired, dating back to LP.

Say what you want about Daniels but all I have seen to this point is a new AD who totally wants to see the program get back to being a powerhouse and is invested in seeing that through. Just because she's not Calder doesn't mean she isn't interested in and committed to the success of lacrosse at Johns Hopkins. This latest news is just more evidence that she wants us to win as much as the rest of us do. What might help is if some of the old alums who wish they could go back to the good old days accept this new reality, embrace the change, and help the AD see these plans through. The constant resistance—for reasons that are still unclear to me—isn't really helping anyone. It's certainly not helping the players.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

False narratives. I assume you know she played lscrosse as an undergrad. I do t think anyone ever said she was t interested and motivated. Reminds me of when Doc was blazing injured players for not being able to perform. You do know she played lax right?

FYI facilities cost money. Given MB hasn’t funded athletics yet it has to come from the capital budget. When the lax building was erected we were so far behind facilities it is a seat at the table. Budgeting being what it is it has taken awhile. That is beyond the AD’s control there have been plans to greatly upgrade the swimming facilities. I don’t j ie if it has happened yet.

At the time the lax building opened I had access to the facilities of a top D-1 program. At that time entrance was controlled by thumb print, wide screen digital cable capabilities, lockers had individual HVAC systems. Pile carpeting on the floor, weight rooms were separate for various sports among other items. If your facilities are a factor in decision making then they matter and the discrepancy can be striking. Hopkind is at a disadvantage with other BIG athletic programs in facilities and I assumed access to capital. We have some wealthy alums but to the best of my knownledge not enough to achieve parity. BTW I was in the board of Bkue Jays Unlimited at one time
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:16 pm False narratives.
Aren't you the guy who said reading is fundamental?

The post I just linked to reads: "A very supportive AD has left for an AD of questionable in my mind interest in the program."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Relative a word you are familiar with?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

OCanada wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:16 pm False narratives. I assume you know she played lscrosse as an undergrad. I do t think anyone ever said she was t interested and motivated. Reminds me of when Doc was blazing injured players for not being able to perform. You do know she played lax right?

FYI facilities cost money. Given MB hasn’t funded athletics yet it has to come from the capital budget. When the lax building was erected we were so far behind facilities it is a seat at the table. Budgeting being what it is it has taken awhile. That is beyond the AD’s control there have been plans to greatly upgrade the swimming facilities. I don’t j ie if it has happened yet.

At the time the lax building opened I had access to the facilities of a top D-1 program. At that time entrance was controlled by thumb print, wide screen digital cable capabilities, lockers had individual HVAC systems. Pile carpeting on the floor, weight rooms were separate for various sports among other items. If your facilities are a factor in decision making then they matter and the discrepancy can be striking. Hopkind is at a disadvantage with other BIG athletic programs in facilities and I assumed access to capital. We have some wealthy alums but to the best of my knownledge not enough to achieve parity. BTW I was in the board of Bkue Jays Unlimited at one time
You read as badly as you write. I am still upset that you
ruined my tribute to Peter LeSueur, my favorite player of the 2002-2005 era. I commented that the Garden City Great never achieved in college the kinds of individual accolades he had accomplished in high school, the point being that he was still a crucial part of the team’s success ... savvy, polished, a true team contributor.

Instead of understanding what I wrote, you in your concrete way of thinking viewed it as an attack on LeSueur. You claimed I was attacking an injured player. You somehow lacked the capacity to understand that I was praising LeSueur’s diligence and perseverance, despite his injuries (I also praised his senior-year platoon mate, Kyle Barrie, who was dealing with his own injuries).

You have never apologized for your mistake. Instead, you repeat your original lie and error.

As for the current issue here, why not just admit your mistake and move on, or is that something you are incapable of doing?

DocBarrister :roll:
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”