Semifinal No. 1 -- UNC v. Northwestern 5/27 -- 3:00 pm

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Semifinal No. 1 -- UNC v. Northwestern 5/27 -- 3:00 pm

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:08 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:51 pm KAH is being petty :lol:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... rthwestern
Such a bad look. Coaches doing interviews minutes after the game is always a dice roll. SID should have been over her shoulder. Not only is it petty, but irrelevant. And I hope for her sake not hypocritical. Has she taken a transfer there in her 15-20 year tenure? I would have to think yes. Right?
UVA grad transfer Sammy Mueller started every game on last years final 4 team
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:10 pm

Such a bad look. Coaches doing interviews minutes after the game is always a dice roll. SID should have been over her shoulder. Not only is it petty, but irrelevant. And I hope for her sake not hypocritical. Has she taken a transfer there in her 15-20 year tenure? I would have to think yes. Right?
Are we really surprised by this ?
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

tothedraw wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:32 pm

Not surprised at all. 10 yrs and counting since NW’s last championship.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:37 pm

I more meant the coaches behavior. But I'm being petty.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Classless, again.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Ah, but did they leave their medals in the locker room like they did n 2013?
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

tothedraw wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:39 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:37 pm

I more meant the coaches behavior. But I'm being petty.
Yes, that is what I was referencing. She is salty because it is 10 yrs and counting since she coached a championship team.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

@inthe8m wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:06 pm
user1020 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:32 pm I’m not so sure, JO had 3g 3a in not her best game and was involved in 6 of UNCs first 11 goals before Geiersbach took over.
JO also had 2TOs and took some really bad shots in the 1st Q which was a big reason that UNC was down - playing a bit of hero ball in the 1st half. Settled down and played better in 2nd half.
You could say the same for AM several forced shots , charge…
Shot3/9
You want your best player shooting, sometimes it’s not perfect.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

It's 1:04am on Saturday...and I'm still thinking about that game and what I witnessed. I'm still Smdh, rolling my eyes, and crying about what I watched.
What I watched(my opinion) was an upset masterpiece turn into athletic euthanasia. I give UNC credit for getting the win, but what NU did to themselves was simply tragic, if you're an NU supporter. A prime example of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".
I watched a team light up one of the best Goalies in the last ten years, for 13 goals...and still let the game-in-hand get away from them because they forgot one of the basic tenets of the game : when in the lead, take care of the ball. Since NU failed to do that it became a plethora of turnovers turning into UNC goals. From the point of it being 14-7, NU, with 10:15 to go in the fourth quarter, a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions ensued and UNC used it to roll off eight unanswered goals to close out the game and punch their ticket to Sunday's Final.
I've seen this kind of collapse before on Championship weekend : 2007, Duke vs UVa at Franklin Field in Philadelphia...Duke dominating with a 13-4 lead with 20 minutes left in the 2nd half, but that was the end of the fun. The Cavaliers stormed back to score 10 unanswered goals and advance to the Final 14-13. In 2012, Florida was leading Syracuse 12-5, with 17 minutes to go in the game. Somehow Syracuse not only came back and tied the game in regulation, but then won it in Double OT, 14-13.

However, both of the above examples were replaced with yesterday's collapse.

After watching that, there's really not much you can say. I wonder how that is going to effect NU going forward? KAH is one of the All-time greats as a Coach and a player, and that will help her team immensely. Next season will be critical as a mission to redeem themselves from the daydream turned nightmare of yesterday.

BTW...I dare ANY UNC fan to honestly say that when your team was down 6-0, 8-2, 11-3 and 12-4...that you said to yourself "we are going to come back and win this game". :)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:46 am It's 1:04am on Saturday...and I'm still thinking about that game and what I witnessed. I'm still Smdh, rolling my eyes, and crying about what I watched.
What I watched(my opinion) was an upset masterpiece turn into athletic euthanasia. I give UNC credit for getting the win, but what NU did to themselves was simply tragic, if you're an NU supporter. A prime example of "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".
I watched a team light up one of the best Goalies in the last ten years, for 13 goals...and still let the game-in-hand get away from them because they forgot one of the basic tenets of the game : when in the lead, take care of the ball. Since NU failed to do that it became a plethora of turnovers turning into UNC goals. From the point of it being 14-7, NU, with 10:15 to go in the fourth quarter, a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions ensued and UNC used it to roll off eight unanswered goals to close out the game and punch their ticket to Sunday's Final.
I've seen this kind of collapse before on Championship weekend : 2007, Duke vs UVa at Franklin Field in Philadelphia...Duke dominating with a 13-4 lead with 20 minutes left in the 2nd half, but that was the end of the fun. The Cavaliers stormed back to score 10 unanswered goals and advance to the Final 14-13. In 2012, Florida was leading Syracuse 12-5, with 17 minutes to go in the game. Somehow Syracuse not only came back and tied the game in regulation, but then won it in Double OT, 14-13.

However, both of the above examples were replaced with yesterday's collapse.

After watching that, there's really not much you can say. I wonder how that is going to effect NU going forward? KAH is one of the All-time greats as a Coach and a player, and that will help her team immensely. Next season will be critical as a mission to redeem themselves from the daydream turned nightmare of yesterday.

BTW...I dare ANY UNC fan to honestly say that when your team was down 6-0, 8-2, 11-3 and 12-4...that you said to yourself "we are going to come back and win this game". :)
I thought 6-0 with 3 quarters to play and 8-2 with a half to play we’re do-able. You just kind of kept waiting for them to turn it on, like in the Syracuse-Duke game early in the season. By the 3rd quarter though it didn’t seem like it was going to happen :lol:
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Going to disagree with you on this. I read the article just as you did. My takeaway is it was a harmless train of thought blurb, BUT, I understand how it is perceived. My guess is that if NU had won that game, she makes no mention of the transfers.

And whoever mentioned that an SID should be hoovering around the coach after games to basically screen questions(?), perish the thought! These coaches all have college degrees and they should know when and how to answer a question.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:26 pm Ah, but did they leave their medals in the locker room like they did n 2013?

Why do you have to start trouble, troublemaker? :lol:

Like they say on the streets, "Don't start none, won't be none".
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Interesting juxtaposition in these two games: AWW using the last time out with around 7:00 to go, and just trusting the kids to go fast and be smart and composed. KAH saving the timeout until it's is very nearly too late. Decision-making matters.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:11 am

Going to disagree with you on this. I read the article just as you did. My takeaway is it was a harmless train of thought blurb, BUT, I understand how it is perceived. My guess is that if NU had won that game, she makes no mention of the transfers.

And whoever mentioned that an SID should be hoovering around the coach after games to basically screen questions(?), perish the thought! These coaches all have college degrees and they should know when and how to answer a question.
Was thinking about you, Larry. Thought, damn if he wasn't right, history is going to repeat itself.
No way they were going to pull that kind of comeback off, just too far down, but.....
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:35 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:11 am

Was thinking about you, Larry. Thought, damn if he wasn't right, history is going to repeat itself.
No way they were going to pull that kind of comeback off, just too far down, but.....

I'm still in shock. That was CRAZY!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 am Interesting juxtaposition in these two games: AWW using the last time out with around 7:00 to go, and just trusting the kids to go fast and be smart and composed. KAH saving the timeout until it's is very nearly too late. Decision-making matters.
the issue was using the first when they were man down and easily clearing the ball in space. predictable didn't use up any additional time to kill the penalty than would've otherwise. or maybe done better with a disorganized unc trying to get it back.
then the 1st to could've been used when girardi was clearly going to get tracked down. that very possibly might've been enough to stem the tide.

hindsight.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:05 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 am Interesting juxtaposition in these two games: AWW using the last time out with around 7:00 to go, and just trusting the kids to go fast and be smart and composed. KAH saving the timeout until it's is very nearly too late. Decision-making matters.
the issue was using the first when they were man down and easily clearing the ball in space. predictable didn't use up any additional time to kill the penalty than would've otherwise. or maybe done better with a disorganized unc trying to get it back.
then the 1st to could've been used when girardi was clearly going to get tracked down. that very possibly might've been enough to stem the tide.

hindsight.
You mean when girardi had the ball checked away by Wurzburger? Yes, agree; you could see Girardi was gassed and needed the help. BTW, it was a perfect takeaway by 21 and 13: use the sideline, pressure upfield at the correct angle, and wait for the teammate to come from behind to make the check.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Watched the game in person. The most epic comeback I’ve ever witnessed. At 14-7 it looked almost impossible. Congrats to the heart of the Tar Heels for never giving up. One more game!!
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Brownlax wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:00 pm Watched the game in person. The most epic comeback I’ve ever witnessed. At 14-7 it looked almost impossible. Congrats to the heart of the Tar Heels for never giving up. One more game!!
twas a GDTBATH. Go Heels!!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Interesting that Wurzburger is still referencing the SF...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”