Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:32 pm Grant Jr has had an awful year. Just overestimated the talent he has and couldn't coach it well. Every time you look up there's an offensive player getting pushed around, failing to pick up a possession, not using size if they have it, not being aggressive. Across the board a veteran team just beating itself in too many little ways to beat maryland.
Yeah why didn't Junior make all those 5'9'' middies grow 5 inches and cut their 40 times by a second

They've made Maryland look mortal, but I'm worried about the second half if the Terps decide to turn on the jets

Shure double spin to beat like 4 Terps on the clear was one of the plays of the year. Nice moment for the grad student
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu06 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:32 pm Grant Jr has had an awful year. Just overestimated the talent he has and couldn't coach it well. Every time you look up there's an offensive player getting pushed around, failing to pick up a possession, not using size if they have it, not being aggressive. Across the board a veteran team just beating itself in too many little ways to beat maryland.
I’m sold on Coach Koesterer.

Coach JGJr? Not so much. Still p*ssed about the Epstein fiasco.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Regarding Dixon’s comment on Epstein …

… Epstein is the kind of player who will always be inconsistent if he doesn’t constantly handle the ball. They have tried to make him into a mere finisher in a quasi-motion offense.

He’s just not a fit in Junior’s system.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:53 pm Regarding Dixon’s comment on Epstein …

… Epstein is the kind of player who will always be inconsistent if he doesn’t constantly handle the ball. They have tried to make him into a mere finisher in a quasi-motion offense.

DocBarrister
no, he can't f*cking run or cut. are you watching the same game i am? he's just slow. that's why they've taken the ball out of his hands. this is the most obvious thing in the world
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:53 pm Regarding Dixon’s comment on Epstein …

DocBarrister
Then that means the game has passed him by.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

We should try and get the Maryland OC to Hopkins.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:58 pm

DocBarrister
Hardly. He’s just not a good fit for what Milliman and Junior are trying to do.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:00 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
use your eyes. HE CAN'T MOVE. he gets absolutely eaten up by poles and is even struggling to gain a step on shorties. the kid just doesn't have the juice he used to. it's a fact. watch the game.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:06 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
use your eyes. HE CAN'T MOVE. he gets absolutely eaten up by poles and is even struggling to gain a step on shorties. the kid just doesn't have the juice he used to. it's a fact. watch the game.
You and I will disagree on why. I don’t blame a strained meniscus years ago but I will agree… HE CANT MOVE
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
He can’t win on solo dodges, but he can still be effective in the two-man games Benson likes to employ. I’m pretty sure Benson could ramp up Epstein’s production if he ever has another chance to coach him.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:12 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
You and I will disagree on why. I don’t blame a strained meniscus years ago but I will agree… HE CANT MOVE
he tore his MCL
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:13 pm
flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:12 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
he tore his MCL
That’s very different information than I’ve heard
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

Joey has not played consistently. Again, when I saw in Denver my comment was he needed to play better. And he is capable of doing so, but he has too many lapses. Three goals in the last game and one shot in three quarters in this game ??? By all accounts he is a great kid.

As for Junior's offense, what exactly is it? Also, a good coach will be able to adapt to the talent he has--which is exactly what the vast majority of lacrosse coaches throughout the country have to do in youth, high school and much of D-III. It is not a good excuse to blame the players if the coach cannot coach. TBD
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:15 pm That’s very different information than I’ve heard
https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... opkins-men

"badly sprained MCL in his right knee" aka a tear
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HillsLax wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:18 pm

As for Junior's offense, what exactly is it? Also, a good coach will be able to adapt to the talent he has--which is exactly what the vast majority of lacrosse coaches throughout the country have to do in youth, high school and much of D-III. It is not a good excuse to blame the players if the coach cannot coach. TBD
what offense do you run with no dodgers? you tell me
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:18 pm
flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:15 pm That’s very different information than I’ve heard

But never had surgery?
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:19 pm

An indoor inspired one. I think a lot of us hoped Coach Grant might be able to figure that out but here we are
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:22 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:18 pm

But never had surgery?
probably should have!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:24 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:19 pm

An indoor inspired one. I think a lot of us hoped Coach Grant might be able to figure that out but here we are
You can run a hybrid which is sorta what they're doing but you can't just run an indoor offense in field. The spacing, the speed, the rules, everything is so different. And even in indoor you need guys who can get their hands free on their own
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HillsLax wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:18 pm Joey has not played consistently. Again, when I saw in Denver my comment was he needed to play better. And he is capable of doing so, but he has too many lapses. Three goals in the last game and one shot in three quarters in this game ??? By all accounts he is a great kid.

Milliman and Junior are absolutely NOT tailoring their offense to the current roster.

Dixon’s comment about Hopkins being a bit too “scripted” is right on the mark. They are playing Milliman and Junior’s offense. If you don’t play that offense, you don’t play, even if you were the leading scorer on the team at the time.

One can debate the wisdom of that approach. It is what it is.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”