ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The commentary in the booth and on the sidelines can barely see through their rose colored glasses. Has anyone heard any comments about the Duke defense? Maybe I missed them. This is why I would like someone like Stugotz (doesn't have to be him necessarily) in the booth to let a little reality into the room. Pom-pom patty-cake pathetic.
OuttaNowhereWregget

I wonder what Kimel is saying to her charges in the locker room. I’ve never coached anybody in anything but I can’t imagine that she’s yelling at them or giving them a Rah-Rah Knute Rockne speech. If I had to guess I would think she is quietly encouraging them, but what do I know.

edit: corrected coach's name
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I think Kimel missed the speech she should have given, this morning. “Ladies, we are playing a talented team with their backs to the wall, on their home court, with all their parents and friends here. You’re going to need to match what promises to be super intensity, possess and protect the ball, and make stop right out of the gate.”

Maybe she did. But the story really is Duke not meeting the moment against an opponent with a season on the line. Notre Dame has played good, spirited defense, and hasn’t allowed Duke anything fast or easy.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:22 pm I think Kimel missed the speech she should have given, this morning. “Ladies, we are playing a talented team with their backs to the wall, on their home court, with all their parents and friends here. You’re going to need to match what promises to be super intensity, possess and protect the ball, and make stop right out of the gate.”

Maybe she did. But the story really is Duke not meeting the moment against an opponent with a season on the line. Norte Dame has played good, spirited defense, and hasn’t allowed Duke anything fast or easy.
^^^^^this^^^^^

I was going to post something snarky, but i think you're post is better.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:22 pm I think Kimel missed the speech she should have given, this morning. “Ladies, we are playing a talented team with their backs to the wall, on their home court, with all their parents and friends here. You’re going to need to match what promises to be super intensity, possess and protect the ball, and make stop right out of the gate.”

Maybe she did. But the story really is Duke not meeting the moment against an opponent with a season on the line. Norte Dame has played good, spirited defense, and hasn’t allowed Duke anything fast or easy.
^^^^^this^^^^^

I was going to post something snarky, but i think you're post is better.
A long winded way of saying someone didn’t get ready for this tilt.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Maybe she did. But the story really is Duke not meeting the moment against an opponent with a season on the line. Notre Dame has played good, spirited defense, and hasn’t allowed Duke anything fast or easy.
Wow. That’s really well put.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Did the commentator really just reference final exams as a reason why Dook is taking a beating? I am not a fan of either program, but come on. How about ‘Wow, Notre Dame is putting an ass kicking on Dook?’ Games are decided on the field. No play well, no win game.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Florida sliding into that 8 seed
OuttaNowhereWregget

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm Did the commentator really just reference final exams as a reason why Dook is taking a beating? I am not a fan of either program, but come on. How about ‘Wow, Notre Dame is putting an ass kicking on Dook?’ Games are decided on the field. No play well, no win game.
There have been elements of the commentary today well below standard. Sometimes I feel like we’re listening to a publicity campaign.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm Did the commentator really just reference final exams as a reason why Dook is taking a beating? I am not a fan of either program, but come on. How about ‘Wow, Notre Dame is putting an ass kicking on Dook?’ Games are decided on the field. No play well, no win game.
She did. Remember Duke is the most academic school in the acc...wait, in the ncaa....so naturally academics come first.

All of the above was written in sarcastica font.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Not that I saw the game going this way, but that’s two blowouts... and counting…
watcherinthewoods

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:54 pm
She did. Remember Duke is the most academic school in the acc...wait, in the ncaa....so naturally academics come first.

All of the above was written in sarcastica font.
As a proud Demon Deacon, I applaud the sarcastica. The university of New Jersey at Durham … buh-bye.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Charlotte North's stat line through 3 quarters:

2 G 2 A 1 GB 1 CT 6 DC's.

Yup--all she can do is score.

Asinine.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm Charlotte North's stat line through 3 quarters:

Asinine.
I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:35 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:22 pm Charlotte North's stat line through 3 quarters:

Asinine.
I do think she does more than score bc of what she brings to the DC however...That is her first caused turnover of the year. And fifth ground ball.
8 hasn’t been playing alot of offense in the 4th. Draw and off? Looked like a little limp to her gait? Resting her?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:41 pm

Asinine.
8 hasn’t been playing alot of offense in the 4th. Draw and off? Looked like a little limp to her gait? Resting her?
Possibly..I would, if she's nursing something. Her one leg/hip had k-tape and a sleeve on it I believe. Games only get tougher after this one
watcherinthewoods

Def not 100%
OuttaNowhereWregget

Asinine.
You neglected her assists, which are up to 18 for the season.

My point is she can do these other things. She's not limited, which is the impression I get from some of the comments North gets on these boards. She's no Sam Apuzzo, granted. But athletically, she does things Apuzzo could only do in her dreams.
OuttaNowhereWregget

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:07 pm Def not 100%
Not herself by a long shot. She'll have some decent breaks over the next couple weeks but her teammates will have to continue to fill the void the way they did tonight.

As long as I'm talking about it...

Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:10 pm

Asinine.
You neglected her assists, which are up to 18 for the season.

My point is she can do these other things. She's not limited, which is the impression I get from some of the comments North gets on these boards. She's no Sam Apuzzo, granted. But athletically, she does things Apuzzo could only do in her dreams.
[/

I’d rather have Appuzzo

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”