Louisiana 2022

HS Boys Lacrosse
dont ball watch

Louisiana 2022

Post by dont ball watch »

Old lacrosse Grandpa here from Louisiana. Currently have 2 grandsons playing for 2 different teams in the state. Lots of action to follow. I will do my best to give decent updates on the goings on here in the Bayou State.

Season has officially kicked off as the Acadiana Crawfish Shootout pre-season event took place in Broussard, LA on January 29.
Catholic HS BR came out strong going 3-0 in varsity play and I am fairly certain they also dominated in the JV and freshman age groups too.
St. Thomas More play some consistent lacrosse across all 3 levels however they are extremely small in physical size and they are playing a pile of freshmen and sophomores at the varsity level. I do not foresee them winning many LHSLL D1 top tier battles this year. Next year and beyond will be their time to shine.
St. Paul's has reloaded and will be a formidable foe to battle Catholic BR for a Final 4 slot.
Captain Shreve made the trip from North Louisiana and went 3-0 in their slate of games. They are looking to challenge 2021 Final 4 C.E. Byrd for the top spot in the North.
The Renegades (Combination of Airline HS and Parkway HS) brought down a squad that is inexperienced but very athletic and driven. They will challenge some programs this season but ultimately it is a building year or two for them.
Holy Cross was in attendance as well. I know nothing about them.
Jesuit, Brother Martin, Caddo, Byrd, Loyola did not make the trip.

The state has splintered into 2 levels of leagues now.
Teams formerly in Division 1 of the LHSLL are now just the members of the LHSLL.
Teams formerly in Division 2 of the LHSLL have created their own league called the GSLL (I am unsure of the words-might be Gulf South Lacrosse League).

GSLL teams of the Acadiana Hurricanes, Dutchtown Griffins, Chaos Lacrosse Club, and Baton Rouge Mustangs/Central Wildcats also played in the Shootout. I did not watch any of these games as my grandson was playing in the LHSLL games.
Matnum PI

Re: Louisiana 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

Looking forward to the season starting in full. And the (new) website going up. https://www.lhsll.com/index
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
TOADHALL

Post by TOADHALL »

HELP!!!

Recently relocated to Lafayette from Westchester County in NY and need the "skinny" on local High School programs. I have some mobility issues so New Orleans and Baton Rouge are a little out of range for me to attend games.

Any help will be appreciated.
dont ball watch

The Elite 8 is here.
Games are at St. Thomas More in Lafayette, LA this Saturday.

Games will be streamed on VSN (Varsity Sports Now): https://www.varsitysportsnow.com/louisi ... sse-league
dont ball watch

The Gulf South Lacrosse League playoffs are set as well:

https://www.facebook.com/GulfSouthLacrosse/
VooDoo Lacrosse

Post by VooDoo Lacrosse »

Anyone in need of an affordable summer club program to play for, please see our post in the club forum:

viewtopic.php?f=299&t=3501

VooDoo Lacrosse

Post by VooDoo Lacrosse »

dont ball watch wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:53 pm The Gulf South Lacrosse League playoffs are set as well:

https://www.facebook.com/GulfSouthLacrosse/

Excited to see all of the Voodoo LC players show their talents in the playoffs!
dont ball watch

LHSLL D1 Super 8 Results:

Catholic over Brother Martin 8-2
Newman over Byrd 9-5
STM over St. Paul's 14-5
Jesuit over Capt. Shreve 13-5

Gives up a Final 4 Match-up of:
4/29 @ 5pm Catholic vs. Newman
4/29 @ 8pm STM vs. Jesuit
dont ball watch