Syracuse @ Florida 3/16/22 at 6:30

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Syracuse @ Florida 3/16/22 at 6:30

Post by seacoaster »

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqXCID6WjlM

In theory, Syracuse should win comfortably, right? Right?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Syracuse @ Florida 3/16/22 at 6:30

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:52 am Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqXCID6WjlM

I’m thinking the same thing. Florida has some talent and plenty of stick work. Takes more than that to beat the top teams. Syracuse by 4-7
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:52 am Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqXCID6WjlM

Should yes..I could see it being a close game for a while before cuse widens the gap. Florida has a lot of fight in them. It may not be one team that beats the other but one team that beats itself
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 am

Should yes..I could see it being a close game for a while before cuse widens the gap. Florida has a lot of fight in them. It may not be one team that beats the other but one team that beats itself
Exactly what I was thinking. Syracuse should win. Florida is tough and physical, playing at home, and really needs a signature win.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

I bet on an SU win but not without a dog fight. Officials need to set the tone early. This could get very ugly very fast in terms of physicality/aggressive play.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:00 am I bet on an SU win but not without a dog fight. Officials need to set the tone early. This could get very ugly very fast in terms of physicality/aggressive play.
I agree - the potential for physical and aggressive play was partly what I was referencing when I said one team might beat themselves
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Wlaxphan20 - absolutely, and sadly it could be either team. Hoping SU has their sharp passing game going and does some calming meditation prior to start. I believe they are the better team but as we've already seen, have trouble closing out games.
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:05 am
tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:00 am I bet on an SU win but not without a dog fight. Officials need to set the tone early. This could get very ugly very fast in terms of physicality/aggressive play.
I agree - the potential for physical and aggressive play was partly what I was referencing when I said one team might beat themselves
What’s the over/under for combined Yellow Cards in this matchup ? I’m going +8
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cuse 15-10

The heat and humidity might keep it closer than it should be!

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Itsallgood wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:58 pm
Taking the under.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I actually had it at 5.5 maaaaybe 6.5 :)
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:22 pm
I actually had it at 5.5 maaaaybe 6.5 :)
2 for the under!
OuttaNowhereWregget

17-12 Orange
7 yellow cards
Someone will go off for Syracuse with many (6-ish) goals.

Okay—the (cracked) crystal ball is done.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Taking the under with FLA pulling an upset
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:02 pm Taking the under with FLA pulling an upset
Nice, Doc. Love to see the bold picks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's doubtful that this one won't be a rough and heated battle. Speaking of rough and heated, I had a pretty rough night following the Hop-Cuse pitiful exhibition. Came within a gnat's asz of burning the whole house down. Had the fire departments from about four different counties here lighting up the street like a helo lifting off the flight deck looking for a man overboard in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean. Probably not many (any) here who have seen that but they light up the night that would make high noon in San Antonio look like a drizzly day in Portland (where I also came real close to killing myself...and my buddy), it's very eerie it's so bright. Lost that sailor, he was never found.
Put a pot of grease on the stove and turned it up to medium high, leaning toward high, to make some fries. Started screwing around right here and forgot about it until I had a flame, smoke alarms going off, and a cloud of black smoke that was both blinding and suffocating. Couple of plastic garbage cans next to the stove, some flying grease must've got on those and that leads to nothing but thick, black smoke. Managed to get the pot off the burner and turn the burner off (electric stove) and put a lid on the pot, was then in the middle of the stove under the hood over the stove. Still a nice blaze going and I never saw those plastic cans burning. Had to exit at that point as there was no way you could see or breathe in there. Called 911 and waited outside waiting to see big flames through the window. Never saw any flames. They got here fairly quickly (all of them and there were a lot, had the whole block been on fire the manpower to put it out was here), went in and got the fire out with probably a blast or two of the chemical stuff they use. Had that hood not been on top of that stove, I think this ordeal would have been a major disaster. All the damage was restricted to that one area, and all things considered I came out of the whole deal in pretty good shape. Smoke damage but that can be dealt with, some paint, a new stove and the wall repaired and we're back in business. Insurance guys have got all that in motion. Am guessing my hands won't be black in a couple of weeks...everything you touch has soot on it. Major progress in getting the place cleaned up but there's not any corner or inch of anything that soot doesn't find. All's well that ends well, so were good.
Just a tip, get yourself a fire extinguisher and keep it next to your stove...jus' sayin'. JFTR, I've had quite a bit of fire fighting training but you can't deal with no vision or oxygen....exit is your only option.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm It's doubtful that this one won't be a rough and heated battle. Speaking of rough and heated, I had a pretty rough night following the Hop-Cuse pitiful exhibition. Came within a gnat's asz of burning the whole house down. Had the fire departments from about four different counties here lighting up the street like a helo lifting off the flight deck looking for a man overboard in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean. Probably not many (any) here who have seen that but they light up the night that would make high noon in San Antonio look like a drizzly day in Portland (where I also came real close to killing myself...and my buddy), it's very eerie it's so bright. Lost that sailor, he was never found.
Put a pot of grease on the stove and turned it up to medium high, leaning toward high, to make some fries. Started screwing around right here and forgot about it until I had a flame, smoke alarms going off, and a cloud of black smoke that was both blinding and suffocating. Couple of plastic garbage cans next to the stove, some flying grease must've got on those and that leads to nothing but thick, black smoke. Managed to get the pot off the burner and turn the burner off (electric stove) and put a lid on the pot, was then in the middle of the stove under the hood over the stove. Still a nice blaze going and I never saw those plastic cans burning. Had to exit at that point as there was no way you could see or breathe in there. Called 911 and waited outside waiting to see big flames through the window. Never saw any flames. They got here fairly quickly (all of them and there were a lot, had the whole block been on fire the manpower to put it out was here), went in and got the fire out with probably a blast or two of the chemical stuff they use. Had that hood not been on top of that stove, I think this ordeal would have been a major disaster. All the damage was restricted to that one area, and all things considered I came out of the whole deal in pretty good shape. Smoke damage but that can be dealt with, some paint, a new stove and the wall repaired and we're back in business. Insurance guys have got all that in motion. Am guessing my hands won't be black in a couple of weeks...everything you touch has soot on it. Major progress in getting the place cleaned up but there's not any corner or inch of anything that soot doesn't find. All's well that ends well, so were good.
Just a tip, get yourself a fire extinguisher and keep it next to your stove...jus' sayin'. JFTR, I've had quite a bit of fire fighting training but you can't deal with no vision or oxygen....exit is your only option.
Wow. That’s nuts, D. You’re blessed to be alive after that. Must stink to high heaven inside, huh?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:37 pm 17-12 Orange
7 yellow cards

Florida will hang for a bit but cuse offense too much for them to handle . I’m going 10 total YC.
Cuse 19, florida 11
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:29 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:37 pm 17-12 Orange
7 yellow cards

Florida will hang for a bit but cuse offense too much for them to handle . I’m going 10 total YC.
Cuse 19, florida 11
Based on recent posts I'm adjusting my line for total YC to O/U 6.5 :? . Unofficial point spread is Cuse -4.5. It would be higher but I'm unsure of where the cuse zone & goalie performance stands..Plus, Florida has already seen a zone (SBU) and put up 13 against it (I know not all zones are the same, but I figured it can only help). Total points O/U 28.5. Not a whole lot of data backing these up, mostly opinion, just for fun

I sincerely hope the game doesn't get to 10 YC
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually not too bad at this point, ONW, and yeah, pretty lucky all in all.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”