**********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

HS Boys Lacrosse
gymman1031

Re: **********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

Post by gymman1031 »

Eaglelaxer16 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:04 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:20 pm Does anyone know if John Carroll is improving with keeping top Harford County prospects at home? That should be the #1 priority for them.
I don’t think so. I’m sure they’re still getting a decent amount of local players but not enough to make an impact. Until John Carroll starts to actually win games in the A conference (to my knowledge since they’ve joined they have yet to win an A conference game) I don’t think you’ll see high quality prospects choose John Carroll over schools like Hall, BL, and Loyola.

Staying local makes sense in theory but the reality is kids would rather be part of a team that is guaranteed to play in big games instead of starting on a team that doesn’t win any games in their conference.
Let's see if, regardless of their record, they show at least a little bit of improvement this year.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Eaglelaxer16 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:04 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:20 pm Does anyone know if John Carroll is improving with keeping top Harford County prospects at home? That should be the #1 priority for them.
I don’t think so. I’m sure they’re still getting a decent amount of local players but not enough to make an impact. Until John Carroll starts to actually win games in the A conference (to my knowledge since they’ve joined they have yet to win an A conference game) I don’t think you’ll see high quality prospects choose John Carroll over schools like Hall, BL, and Loyola.

Staying local makes sense in theory but the reality is kids would rather be part of a team that is guaranteed to play in big games instead of starting on a team that doesn’t win any games in their conference.
Well, let's see what happens if, even if with baby steps, they improve on keeping top Harford County talent at home.
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:20 pm Does anyone know if John Carroll is improving with keeping top Harford County prospects at home?
Yes they are. We live in Harford, my youngest son is a ‘27, and we went to a open house last week. We know some of the families that are headed there through lax and other sports teams and they are getting some good ones. Their 25s are Crabs, 91, FCA and Koopers. All better teams than they used to draw from. A good number of top local 26s are heading there too from what I can tell. Good athletes. Kids are starting to take notice and stay home.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

LaxDog wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:32 am
gymman1031 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:20 pm Does anyone know if John Carroll is improving with keeping top Harford County prospects at home?
Yes they are. We live in Harford, my youngest son is a ‘27, and we went to a open house last week. We know some of the families that are headed there through lax and other sports teams and they are getting some good ones. Their 25s are Crabs, 91, FCA and Koopers. All better teams than they used to draw from. A good number of top local 26s are heading there too from what I can tell. Good athletes. Kids are starting to take notice and stay home.
That is so great to hear! Especially with Harford County having grown so much and producing so much more talent.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

They are in my back yard. I saw John Carroll a few times last year. I was impressed. Always played tough.Judging from what I saw, it seems like a well-run program. Hearing the same thing on the recruiting side, keeping kids in county. If they can stack a couple classes, I think we'll start to see some good results.

I have the same thoughts for MSJ on the west side of Baltimore. College coaches are noticing too. Seeing kids from both places heading to some very good college programs - Congrats to them all.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:02 am They are in my back yard. I saw John Carroll a few times last year. I was impressed. Always played tough.Judging from what I saw, it seems like a well-run program. Hearing the same thing on the recruiting side, keeping kids in county. If they can stack a couple classes, I think we'll start to see some good results.

I have the same thoughts for MSJ on the west side of Baltimore. College coaches are noticing too. Seeing kids from both places heading to some very good college programs - Congrats to them all.
The big question for MSJ is if they can keep more and more of the top Catonsville area players in the area. Throughout the years, so many have gone to other MIAA programs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:02 am They are in my back yard. I saw John Carroll a few times last year. I was impressed. Always played tough.Judging from what I saw, it seems like a well-run program. Hearing the same thing on the recruiting side, keeping kids in county. If they can stack a couple classes, I think we'll start to see some good results.

Keep an eye on this one for me if you would Kram

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Severn wins their first game of the year over St. Albans:

https://twitter.com/scores_lax/status/1 ... 64490?s=21
Eaglelaxer16

Post by Eaglelaxer16 »

Good start for the Admirals. Told y’all they are gonna surprise a lot of people.
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Calvert Hall over Cannon, NC 15-3
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

St Mary’s 27-1 over St Mary’s Ryken.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

SP 11, Landon 8
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

JPAtlantic wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:47 pm Calvert Hall over Cannon, NC 15-3
Calvert Hall over Holly Springs, NC 19-7
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

GeneralBart wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:17 pm SP 11, Landon 8
Good win for StP. Landon isn't as strong as the past, but a win is a win.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

John Carroll Beats Indian Creek 19-4.
McD vs Westtown, PA score?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Hearing only top 6 make playoffs this year
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

6 team play-off makes the final regular season games more significant as the #1 & #2 seeds get a quarter-final bye. There is a big difference between #2 & #3 seeds as #3 plays at home in the quarter-final then travels to #2 seed, if they beat the #6 seed. Although if the semi-finals are at NMCMS again, then not a home game for #2 seed, but still a free pass into the semi-finals. At that point, if you win 1 game you are in the championship game. Making the championship game in this league is such an accomplishment. There is rarely a season where at least 3 or more teams could win it all. I still like the 6 team play-off as it makes the regular season more significant in that if you lose to a lower tier team, it can cost you a spot in the play-offs, or a higher seed if you make the play-offs. No days off in this league - great life lesson!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

If true about the playoffs, I hope no teams get hit with the Covid bug like last year. Hopefully that's mostly behind us.

Lots of games today-
St John's vs BL
CH vs Westtown
Gilman Vs Haverford
Gonzaga Vs Loyola
St Steven and St. Agnes vs John Carroll
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:40 am If true about the playoffs, I hope no teams get hit with the Covid bug like last year. Hopefully that's mostly behind us.

Lots of games today-
St John's vs BL
CH vs Westtown
Gilman Vs Haverford
Gonzaga Vs Loyola
St Mary's at Georgetown Prep is also today.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

get it to x wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:49 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:40 am If true about the playoffs, I hope no teams get hit with the Covid bug like last year. Hopefully that's mostly behind us.

Lots of games today-
St John's vs BL
CH vs Westtown
Gilman Vs Haverford
Gonzaga Vs Loyola
St Mary's at Georgetown Prep is also today.
10-2 Saints.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”