January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm (I can’t reply that quickly this week because I’m flying a lot all over this great country of ours)

I swear I could tell you the sun rose today and you’d say it didn’t. :lol:

Every single news organization including the ones you love have admitted this lowlife murderer was Antifa. He bragged about it. I don’t say this often because I believe in the powers of forgiveness and redemption, but this goon got what he deserved. He was set to kill many more folks besides the one he did. Good riddance. His own family hated him.
Most likely you did not fully read your own link ("None of the eyewitnesses interviewed by the Times stated that Reinoehl was holding a weapon". As for having his own family hating him, we have seen evidence that members of tRump's own family hate him as well. BTW, was Danielson's death funny?

Danielson was an innocent guy who loved his country. No criminal record whatsoever. His family loved him. Co-owned a moving company which he started. Taxpayer.

Reinhoehl was a loose cannon trying to wreck America and likely did even worse than murder. Lengthy rap sheet. Derelict when it came to his kids. Never filed taxes. His family hated him. Called him ‘unstable’. He gave an interview saying he did it and had no remorse.

Reinoehl kills the good guy, Danielson, unprovoked mind you, and we are supposed to feel sorry for this piece of dirt?! Yeah, no, never happening.

Me personally I’d prefer he lived so he could rot in prison every day he lived.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, 40 shots by the police on a guy who never drew his weapon, never fired a shot...that's all cool with our pal, Petey.

Heck, why not just use a tree and a rope?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:09 pm Yup, 40 shots by the police on a guy who never drew his weapon, never fired a shot...that's all cool with our pal, Petey.

Did I not just write above you I ‘prefer he rot in prison’?

Do I lose sleep the feds wasted him? Not really based on what we know. You do know he executed a man in cold blood, right?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Petey,
... a loose cannon trying to wreck America and likely did even worse than murder. Lengthy rap sheet. Derelict when it came to his kids. Never filed taxes. His family hated him. Called him ‘unstable’. He gave an interview saying he did it and had no remorse.

Sounds precisely like your hero tRump. I could give specific examples but your know it already.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Back on topic, with Trump's scrambling lies being debunked. Another day in "exceptional" America:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/8929215002

Trump's claim that he told Pelosi to bring in 10,000 NG troops before January 6 is, of course, baloney. "I'm inciting a riot and an assault on the Capitol; you've been warned." The GOP party leader is just a moron.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:03 am Back on topic, with Trump's scrambling lies being debunked. Another day in "exceptional" America:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/8929215002

Trump's claim that he told Pelosi to bring in 10,000 NG troops before January 6 is, of course, baloney. "I'm inciting a riot and an assault on the Capitol; you've been warned." The GOP party leader is just a moron.
I never knew the GOP had a leader. I was under the impression that MD Lax was the leader of the GOP by default... ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:09 pm Yup, 40 shots by the police on a guy who never drew his weapon, never fired a shot...that's all cool with our pal, Petey.

Do I lose sleep the feds wasted him? Not really based on what we know. You do know he executed a man in cold blood, right?
you edited your post after I'd posted my response.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:57 pm
Petey,
... a loose cannon trying to wreck America and likely did even worse than murder. Lengthy rap sheet. Derelict when it came to his kids. Never filed taxes. His family hated him. Called him ‘unstable’. He gave an interview saying he did it and had no remorse.
Sounds precisely like your hero tRump. I could give specific examples but your know it already.

I spend a good deal of my downtime with my close buddies seeing how, hoping, sometimes actively working, we can prevent Trump from running again. I’m not sure how that makes him my ‘hero’. :lol: I thought heroes were people we love?

I’m hoping you boys indict him, or Biden dangles a full family pardon to him in exchange for dropping out of politics altogether. What’s the wait! Let’s go Brookie...if I didn’t know better, I’d accuse Democrats of slow walking this thing. But I know better, and they are. I also don’t think you will indict him….Democrats want Trump to run.

Yet, I still don’t think he’ll run again, I think he’ll tease it all the way he can, raise more $$ along the way. He’s already got $125 million in his PAC, which is a tax-free gift that he can use to his hearts content (you can thank Schumer for this law/gift to politicians). I think that # will easily swell to $400 million by the beginning of 2024…my guess is he keeps the cash and doesn’t run. If he runs, he’s forced to spend it. If he doesn’t run, he can pay for every private flight ever again in his life.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Petey mostly trolled on the Hopkins and MIAA threads when he joined, over eager fan of Pat Spencer and Loyola, or so he claimed...but weird.

He entered the politics threads claiming he was a moderate Dem but never voted GOP, (though defending Trump at every turn, pooh poohing the events leading to both impeachments.) We quickly learned his supposed 'moderate' Dem views were a crock. Partisan keyboard warrior...a troll.

Peter Brown
Re: IMPEACHMENT (yes, it began with Mueller)
Report Quote
Post by Peter Brown » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:34 pm

MDlaxfan76 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm
jhu72 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 pm
That’s about the only way this happens....R’s turn on him.

If the left only had a viable candidate, this would be a non issue. The left is pulling out all the stop in hopes the senate will follow in their lock step.
The Dems actually have a whole slew of "viable" candidates who can beat Trump, it's just that you and I aren't happy with the leading choices most likely to get the nod.

Unfortunately, we may need to suck it up for awhile and hope we can rebound to some sort of more centrist balance.
Dems have a number who can beat Trump. May not be your cup of tea, but in every way they are a massive improvement on Trump. They actually care about something besides themselves. They will bring back the rule of law, normal order.
As I've previously written, despite having never before, over 4 decades, voted for a Dem for President, I'll vote for the proverbial 'piece of wood' over Trump. Indeed over Pence too as he's up to his neck in it, total toady and he's got some views I can't countenance to boot.

Kasich, Romney...

I am the opposite of that. I have never voted Republican, but if our nominee is not Gabbard or Biden (assuming they have reasonable running mates, no small leap of faith given how the party is headed), I will vote this time and I will vote for Trump. The economy is great. I will look hard at that, as always.
The season ended before we won the Natty! Let’s go Hounds!!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:52 am

I spend a good deal of my downtime with my close buddies seeing how, hoping, sometimes actively working, we can prevent Trump from running again. I’m not sure how that makes him my ‘hero’. :lol: I thought heroes were people we love?

I’m hoping you boys indict him, or Biden dangles a full family pardon to him in exchange for dropping out of politics altogether. What’s the wait! Let’s go Brookie...if I didn’t know better, I’d accuse Democrats of slow walking this thing. But I know better, and they are. I also don’t think you will indict him….Democrats want Trump to run.

Yet, I still don’t think he’ll run again, I think he’ll tease it all the way he can, raise more $$ along the way. He’s already got $125 million in his PAC, which is a tax-free gift that he can use to his hearts content (you can thank Schumer for this law/gift to politicians). I think that # will easily swell to $400 million by the beginning of 2024…my guess is he keeps the cash and doesn’t run. If he runs, he’s forced to spend it. If he doesn’t run, he can pay for every private flight ever again in his life.

Definitely will keep the cash whether he runs or not (profit motive and all that). Dems are too afraid of indicting him especially now that he is in full possession of incriminating evidence and won't give it up.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Well it looks like Nancy has decided to use the Capitol Police to spy on Republican House members. Troy Nehls, R (TX) says they took pictures of a white board with legislative strategy on it. They then tried to break in over Thanksgiving recess, Watergate style, dressed as contractors. Ooops, a member of the Congressman's staff was in the office, and they had the nerve to try and interrogate him. The House IG has opened an investigation.

https://twitter.com/SheriffTNehls/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw

If Nancy (G. Gordon Biddy?) didn't authorize this, who did? They need to be fired immediately, and possibly indicted.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:07 pm Well it looks like Nancy has decided to use the Capitol Police to spy on Republican House members. Troy Nehls, R (TX) says they took pictures of a white board with legislative strategy on it. They then tried to break in over Thanksgiving recess, Watergate style, dressed as contractors. Ooops, a member of the Congressman's staff was in the office, and they had the nerve to try and interrogate him. The House IG has opened an investigation.

If Nancy (G. Gordon Biddy?) didn't authorize this, who did? They need to be fired immediately, and possibly indicted.
Clicked thru your link:

USCP Chief J. Thomas Manger confirmed the opening of the inspector general investigation in his response to congressional inquiries about USCP police tactics, reported in a January 24 article published by Politico, including surveilling and compiling intelligence dossiers on members of Congress, their staff, and visitors.

“While I am confident in our methods, I am asking the USCP Office of the Inspector General to review the USCP’s programs related to these security assessments to assure both this Committee, the Congress as a whole, and the public that these processes are legal, necessary, and appropriate,” Manger wrote to seven Republican lawmakers.

According to the Politico article, USCP analysts had been directed by Julie Farnam, the acting director of USCP’s Intelligence and Interagency Coordination Division, to “run ‘background checks on people whom lawmakers planned to meet, including donors and associates.”

“When staff were listed as attending these meetings, Capitol Police intelligence analysts also got asked to check the social media accounts of the staffers,” the Politico article alleged.

In his letter to lawmakers, Manger denied the allegations detailed in the Politico article and claimed USCP’s activities were both appropriate and legal.

The former sheriff thinks there's no legal right for the Cap Police to investigate him, his staff, visitors to the building? No background checks? Really?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:54 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:07 pm Well it looks like Nancy has decided to use the Capitol Police to spy on Republican House members. Troy Nehls, R (TX) says they took pictures of a white board with legislative strategy on it. They then tried to break in over Thanksgiving recess, Watergate style, dressed as contractors. Ooops, a member of the Congressman's staff was in the office, and they had the nerve to try and interrogate him. The House IG has opened an investigation.

Clicked thru your link:

USCP Chief J. Thomas Manger confirmed the opening of the inspector general investigation in his response to congressional inquiries about USCP police tactics, reported in a January 24 article published by Politico, including surveilling and compiling intelligence dossiers on members of Congress, their staff, and visitors.

“While I am confident in our methods, I am asking the USCP Office of the Inspector General to review the USCP’s programs related to these security assessments to assure both this Committee, the Congress as a whole, and the public that these processes are legal, necessary, and appropriate,” Manger wrote to seven Republican lawmakers.

According to the Politico article, USCP analysts had been directed by Julie Farnam, the acting director of USCP’s Intelligence and Interagency Coordination Division, to “run ‘background checks on people whom lawmakers planned to meet, including donors and associates.”

“When staff were listed as attending these meetings, Capitol Police intelligence analysts also got asked to check the social media accounts of the staffers,” the Politico article alleged.

In his letter to lawmakers, Manger denied the allegations detailed in the Politico article and claimed USCP’s activities were both appropriate and legal.

The former sheriff thinks there's no legal right for the Cap Police to investigate him, his staff, visitors to the building? No background checks? Really?
Nice deflection. What the investigation is or should be about is trespassing in the Congressman's private office, photographing work product and then later attempting a clandestine entry dressed as contractors. The latter was done over Thanksgiving recess when they assumed no staffers would be present. The work product is part of the Speech and Debate clause, and this alleged break in is akin to the political spying that led to Watergate. I guess you're cool with that.

As for guests, I have been in more than a few legislators offices in Annapolis and Capitol Hill, and had to give my publicly available information ahead of time (name, address, etc.) so they could vet me. No problem. It's also the reason I have never joined or posted on FB, Twitter, Instagram or any other site than this one. No telling what thought crimes I may have committed there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:28 am

Clicked thru your link:

Nice deflection. What the investigation is or should be about is trespassing in the Congressman's private office, photographing work product and then later attempting a clandestine entry dressed as contractors. The latter was done over Thanksgiving recess when they assumed no staffers would be present. The work product is part of the Speech and Debate clause, and this alleged break in is akin to the political spying that led to Watergate. I guess you're cool with that.

As for guests, I have been in more than a few legislators offices in Annapolis and Capitol Hill, and had to give my publicly available information ahead of time (name, address, etc.) so they could vet me. No problem. It's also the reason I have never joined or posted on FB, Twitter, Instagram or any other site than this one. No telling what thought crimes I may have committed there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By the way, USCP used the pretext for the break-in as having seen the words "body armor" on the whiteboard in their first questionable visit to his empty office. Turns out the Congressman was working on legislation to prevent the government from buying body armor from China.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Clicked thru your link:

:D thought crimes.
Don't plan an insurrection and you're good. ;)

Of course I'm not cool with what is alleged to have happened, clandestine surveillance, etc. However, let's not jump to the conclusion that it happened as is alleged. It may have simply been plain clothes police during the recess period checking on who was in the office at an unexpected time. https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02/08 ... ol-police/

You are going to need to explain to me why the "work product is part of the Speech and Debate clause": https://constitution.congress.gov/brows ... S6_C1_1_3/ Did someone get arrested? Does this clause pertain to staff and visitors? I'm not a Constitutional scholar, but I don't see the connection.

Why would I be suspicious of the accuser exaggerating an interaction for partisan benefit, to be posted on Twitter and places like here as if "Pelosi did it" ???

Well, take a look at the accuser's track record. He's not Marjorie Taylor Greene or Jim Jordan, (yet), but he appears to be vying for such attention. He was one of the 6 GOP House Reps rejected by Pelosi as overtly partisan apologists for the insurrection and as potential witnesses to the events leading up to it. He's also spread wild-eyed misinformation on Covid...so my starting assumption is that this is a guy who is looking to gain favor in the hardest elements of the MAGA crowd rather than that this is actually is a "Watergate" moment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:48 am

Clicked thru your link:

By the way, USCP used the pretext for the break-in as having seen the words "body armor" on the whiteboard in their first questionable visit to his empty office. Turns out the Congressman was working on legislation to prevent the government from buying body armor from China.
Again, you are buying into this..."pretext" and "break-in". The USCP have every right to enter these offices. It's a public building they protect. They need no "pretext". I have no issue with them being alarmed to see "body armor" on a whiteboard, given that this Congressman has been a loud apologist for what happened Jan 6 (despite having been helpful in barricading the door against the mob). Refused to impeach Trump, has criticized the events as a failure of USCP rather than an insurrection fomented by Trump and his allies...of which he may well have been one. He's bought into the Big Lie and he's promoted medical misinformation for attention.

He thinks (projects) that his anti-USCP statements have drawn the ire of USCP. "Painted a target on my back"...

I also have no issue with the Congressman working on a 'buy American' effort for military body armor, if that's the case.

If the investigation reveals something actually nefarious, I'll expect some folks to get fired. But I'm not starting there.

BTW, here's his statement on the one year anniversary of Jan 6: https://nehls.house.gov/posts/january-6-statement

Rep. Nehls Releases Statement on One-Year Anniversary of January 6th
Jan 06, 2022

Press
Washington, DC — Today, Congressman Troy E. Nehls (R-TX-22) released a statement on the one-year anniversary of January 6th:

“One year ago today, we saw the total breakdown of Capitol security, allowing hundreds of protestors to infiltrate the building and cross one of America’s most sacrosanct grounds,” said Congressman Nehls. “It was the first event of its kind in American history and a black eye for the country and for the American people. It should have never happened. The intelligence reports were there and Capitol leadership chose not to act on them. Nancy Pelosi had every chance to impartially investigate the security failures of the day, but she didn’t. Instead, she used the hyper-partisan January 6th commission as a weapon against President Trump and chose to take no responsibility for her failures to protect the Capitol grounds. One year later, there are still many questions to be answered. Why did Capitol Police not act on their intelligence findings on the days leading up to January 6th? Why was the deployment of the National Guard delayed? Why has this sham of a Congressional committee not investigated Ray Epps? I remain committed to uncovering the failures of January 6th and will do everything in my power to prevent it from ever happening again.”

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Clicked thru your link:

This is way worse than Watergate if the alleged facts are true.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 am

Correct us if this information is incorrect, but, thought it was understood, that if someone "edit's" a post, it is reflected at the bottom of the post. Peter Browns comment/post, where he wrote, "...he rot in prison", contains no such language. Care to explain, mdlaxfan ?

like , dude, I just added this line....what does it say below me? hmmm.....maybe that "message" only shows up after the post is "edited" :lol: :lol: 2nd edit, on my part....anything ? ;)

third edit......anything?
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:25 am

Correct us if this information is incorrect, but, thought it was understood, that if someone "edit's" a post, it is reflected at the bottom of the post. Peter Browns comment/post, where he wrote, "...he rot in prison", contains no such language. Care to explain, mdlaxfan ?

like , dude, I just added this line....what does it say below me? hmmm.....maybe that "message" only shows up after the post is "edited" :lol: :lol: 2nd edit, on my part....anything ? ;)
Verifying when the "edit" message kicks in, just to be sure......ok, so, to be clear, a posts "edit -message" shows up ONLY after someone, posts another response, weather it's quoted or not???? geez........ either way, when Pete emphasized his "wish they didn't kill him" narrative, instead of saying, "good, glad you didn't want the cops to put 40 bullets into his body, good " you, went for the "oh, you edited it ".

victim was unvaxxed, does that change anyones thinking :roll:
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:04 am

Clicked thru your link:

Again, you are buying into this..."pretext" and "break-in". The USCP have every right to enter these offices. It's a public building they protect. They need no "pretext". I have no issue with them being alarmed to see "body armor" on a whiteboard, given that this Congressman has been a loud apologist for what happened Jan 6 (despite having been helpful in barricading the door against the mob). Refused to impeach Trump, has criticized the events as a failure of USCP rather than an insurrection fomented by Trump and his allies...of which he may well have been one. He's bought into the Big Lie and he's promoted medical misinformation for attention.

He thinks (projects) that his anti-USCP statements have drawn the ire of USCP. "Painted a target on my back"...

I also have no issue with the Congressman working on a 'buy American' effort for military body armor, if that's the case.

If the investigation reveals something actually nefarious, I'll expect some folks to get fired. But I'm not starting there.

BTW, here's his statement on the one year anniversary of Jan 6: https://nehls.house.gov/posts/january-6-statement

Rep. Nehls Releases Statement on One-Year Anniversary of January 6th
Jan 06, 2022

Press
Washington, DC — Today, Congressman Troy E. Nehls (R-TX-22) released a statement on the one-year anniversary of January 6th:

“One year ago today, we saw the total breakdown of Capitol security, allowing hundreds of protestors to infiltrate the building and cross one of America’s most sacrosanct grounds,” said Congressman Nehls. “It was the first event of its kind in American history and a black eye for the country and for the American people. It should have never happened. The intelligence reports were there and Capitol leadership chose not to act on them. Nancy Pelosi had every chance to impartially investigate the security failures of the day, but she didn’t. Instead, she used the hyper-partisan January 6th commission as a weapon against President Trump and chose to take no responsibility for her failures to protect the Capitol grounds. One year later, there are still many questions to be answered. Why did Capitol Police not act on their intelligence findings on the days leading up to January 6th? Why was the deployment of the National Guard delayed? Why has this sham of a Congressional committee not investigated Ray Epps? I remain committed to uncovering the failures of January 6th and will do everything in my power to prevent it from ever happening again.”

Actually, they have no right to enter any office, or open any mail, for that matter. The DOJ also opened two letters sent to Louis Gomert. Not sure how they got the letters, as the House has it's own zip code. Even if they got them in error, it was unlawful to open them. This is flagrant disregard for civil liberties, which has become all to common among the more progressive Democrat Party. Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

As to your critique of the Congressman, he stood side by side with the USCP on 1/6 and did all he could to calm things down.

Return to “POLITICS”