January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by youthathletics »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 am Why haven't we seen any of the 14,000 hours of video from inside the Capitol? Might some of it show it was a "mostly peaceful" event, unlike the flaming cities the legacy media tried to portray as such? Might it show security allowing people in who walked around and left, only to be arrested later for trespass? It would certainly not cause people to think of 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.
Agree completely. Maybe Liz and Kinzinger are holding that close to their vest. I saw Liz interviewed and asked directly about that yesterday and her reply was so political in nature, whereas all the other answers where quite forthright and determined. There is clearly something there yet to be conveyed to the American people.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:28 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:29 pm cradle tends to be downright idiotic when it comes to anyone who is a moderate personality and respects the rule of law.
A period after idiotic is all you needed.
nah, he exercises some common sense from time to time...but he greatly prefers "fighting" over rational logic and moderation.

Anger is a powerful emotion.
I repeat, anger is a powerful emotion.
Roxy needs another walk...
Roxy is lying right here next to me. Too bad I'm not the angry guy you think I am. Sorry if I disappoint you. Roxy says she would be glad to poop on your lawn if given the chance.💩 Being the good owner I am, I would pick it up. The symbolism would be fine for me.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:29 pm cradle tends to be downright idiotic when it comes to anyone who is a moderate personality and respects the rule of law.
nah, he exercises some common sense from time to time...but he greatly prefers "fighting" over rational logic and moderation.

Roxy is lying right here next to me. Too bad I'm not the angry guy you think I am. Sorry if I disappoint you. Roxy says she would be glad to poop on your lawn if given the chance.💩
Anger, coupled with humor, is a healthy combination...net neutral. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Roxy is lying right here next to me. Too bad I'm not the angry guy you think I am. Sorry if I disappoint you. Roxy says she would be glad to poop on your lawn if given the chance.💩
As I've previously replied, she'd be welcome to do so...my sister's two dogs do so regularly as well as the various dogs and horses, coyotes and fox and deer and geese...and...can't get worried about a little manure.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:21 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:04 am Why haven't we seen any of the 14,000 hours of video from inside the Capitol? Might some of it show it was a "mostly peaceful" event, unlike the flaming cities the legacy media tried to portray as such? Might it show security allowing people in who walked around and left, only to be arrested later for trespass? It would certainly not cause people to think of 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.
That narrative is now running in a movie playing inside don trump's head and the head of millions of his wannabes. Called, i'm told, "Just another Day in January", it stars don, alex, ali, ted, roy, sidney, rudy, michael, proud boys, FA1'ers, 3%'ers, oath keeping types and a ragtag cast of thousands of everyman extras that think of themselves as Patriots. Didn't we see you in that film, "x"??

I'm sure I'm on some archive somewhere as I did go to the several hundred thousand strong Tea Party rally when they were breach birthing ObamaDoesn'tCare by the same 100% Dem only vote. I've also been in the House and Senate office buildings during legislative visits. If I had gone, I would have listened to Trump and gone peacefully. Loud, but peaceful.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:34 am

I have nothing to be angry about. I make my own observations based on my life experience. If you don't agree with some folks here, your labeled as angry. Dissalusioned is a better description for how I feel. I don't agree with the opinions of some folks here, so therefore I'm angry. That makes perfectly good sense if you don't think about it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:36 am

As I've previously replied, she'd be welcome to do so...my sister's two dogs do so regularly as well as the various dogs and horses, coyotes and fox and deer and geese...and...can't get worried about a little manure.
I always pick up Roxy's poop. I also pick up all the garbage I find along the way.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:37 am
That narrative is now running in a movie playing inside don trump's head and the head of millions of his wannabes. Called, i'm told, "Just another Day in January", it stars don, alex, ali, ted, roy, sidney, rudy, michael, proud boys, FA1'ers, 3%'ers, oath keeping types and a ragtag cast of thousands of everyman extras that think of themselves as Patriots. Didn't we see you in that film, "x"??

I'm sure I'm on some archive somewhere as I did go to the several hundred thousand strong Tea Party rally when they were breach birthing ObamaDoesn'tCare by the same 100% Dem only vote. I've also been in the House and Senate office buildings during legislative visits. If I had gone, I would have listened to Trump and gone peacefully. Loud, but peaceful.
What do you mean by "same" ?
as in "same Dem only vote"...do you mean that the election of Biden by a margin of over 7 million voters was only Dems?

My brother-in-law was on the Capitol steps that day, says he didn't see any of the violence, didn't see the Confederate flags, etc, but he did get tear gassed 3 times and he lost his phone (recovered by a fellow Trumpist)...let's just say I'm skeptical of what he says he saw and did, and didn't see or do. But I don't think he went in.

I imagine that many in the 10,000+ mob had no prior intention of violence, only wanted to be "loud"...only wanted to be 'heard' ("hang Mike Pence")...heck, I bet some of those who were beating on the cops hadn't prior intended to be violent, just got caught up in the moment, fired up as they were, adrenaline raging...but a whole bunch came geared up for a battle of hand to hand combat...some organized in phalanxes, communications devices, etc. They were there to fight, had planned to fight.

All believed the Big Lie...or worse, didn't care.

Some, certainly most of those who were battling and/or entered the building, were hoping to interrupt the process of peaceful turnover of power, hoping to reverse the results of the election by whatever means necessary.

Insurrection, backed by a mob, incited by a POTUS and other conspirators.

All for power. The hell with democracy.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:44 am

I always pick up Roxy's poop. I also pick up all the garbage I find along the way.
Which is why you'd be welcome to join Roxy! ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You make a great point. These people had every right to bring their peaceful protest to the front steps of the Capital. That is where it all went to hell in a hand basket. There are a number of posters here who have taken great pains to differentiate the peaceful protesters in Portland from the anarchists. We all can disagree with their rational and their methods. When we paint all the protesters with the same brush we are doing a disservice to our right to protest. If you think the election was rigged, that is your right. If you think law enforcement is corrupt and racist, that is your right. When you all start burning buildings down and breaking into buildings and beating people up. We have then crossed into the land of the surreal.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:44 am

Which is why you'd be welcome to join Roxy! ;)
It sounds like your feeling better. I put my anger aside just long enough to point that out.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:34 am

I have nothing to be angry about. I make my own observations based on my life experience. If you don't agree with some folks here, your labeled as angry. Dissalusioned is a better description for how I feel. I don't agree with the opinions of some folks here, so therefore I'm angry. That makes perfectly good sense if you don't think about it.
:lol: :roll: try reading your own posts...sometimes you spout off very 'angrily'...or 'heatedly'...or 'vociferously', call it what you will...you abandon a rational discussion on the merits and resort to ranting...but then you generally calm down, throw a jab of quasi-humor and we move along.

No big deal.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

as in "same Dem only vote"...do you mean that the election of Biden by a margin of over 7 million voters was only Dems?

My brother-in-law was on the Capitol steps that day, says he didn't see any of the violence, didn't see the Confederate flags, etc, but he did get tear gassed 3 times and he lost his phone (recovered by a fellow Trumpist)...let's just say I'm skeptical of what he says he saw and did, and didn't see or do. But I don't think he went in.

I imagine that many in the 10,000+ mob had no prior intention of violence, only wanted to be "loud"...only wanted to be 'heard' ("hang Mike Pence")...heck, I bet some of those who were beating on the cops hadn't prior intended to be violent, just got caught up in the moment, fired up as they were, adrenaline raging...but a whole bunch came geared up for a battle of hand to hand combat...some organized in phalanxes, communications devices, etc. They were there to fight, had planned to fight.

Some, certainly most of those who were battling and/or entered the building, were hoping to interrupt the process of peaceful turnover of power, hoping to reverse the results of the election by whatever means necessary.

I agree with much of what you say here. I don't think most of these people who marched on the Capital had any ill will. They were trumpsters with a blind fanatical loyalty. Then they found themselves smack dab in the middle of something they never bargained for. I'm guessing many of them learned an embarrassing lesson about being used.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:54 am

You make a great point. These people had every right to bring their peaceful protest to the front steps of the Capital. That is where it all went to hell in a hand basket. There are a number of posters here who have taken great pains to differentiate the peaceful protesters in Portland from the anarchists. We all can disagree with their rational and their methods. When we paint all the protesters with the same brush we are doing a disservice to our right to protest. If you think the election was rigged, that is your right. If you think law enforcement is corrupt and racist, that is your right. When you all start burning buildings down and breaking into buildings and beating people up. We have then crossed into the land of the surreal.
Well, actually not right to the steps...they broke through the barrier and into the grounds where the public isn't supposed to go without permission...they were already trespassing at that point. They also didn't have the authorization for marching down that stretch of road (which they'd have had the right to do had they filed for that permit; but their permit was for a very different area).

But I totally agree that there's a difference between protesting and mob destruction. And we should indeed differentiate, regardless of the cause.

While I think there's a world of difference between the moral underpinnings of say a protest for racial justice and, say, a KKK march (or a march to overthrow an election), you're 100% correct that there's a difference between non-violence and violence and destruction.

But couple the attempt to stop the peaceful transfer of power in a democracy with violence and destruction and you've got Jan 6.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 am

I agree with much of what you say here. I don't think most of these people who marched on the Capital had any ill will. They were trumpsters with a blind fanatical loyalty. Then they found themselves smack dab in the middle of something they never bargained for. I'm guessing many of them learned an embarrassing lesson about being used.
yup, cult-like behavior...and indeed many have expressed regret and many have indeed expressed a sense of having been "used". (I haven't heard that from my brother-in-law, but then he wasn't arrested or charged...and he hasn't lost his clearance or job...so I'm hoping that's how he feels, but I'm not pushing the question)

But that was the first tranche, the less violent and organized...more prosecutions pending of the more serious perps...and we're not even into the real powers behind it all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:26 am
Agree completely. Maybe Liz and Kinzinger are holding that close to their vest. I saw Liz interviewed and asked directly about that yesterday and her reply was so political in nature, whereas all the other answers where quite forthright and determined. There is clearly something there yet to be conveyed to the American people.
I don't think for a moment that they wouldn't prosecute any 'security' who were complicit.

Sheesh, we've seen the breaches at each of the points of entry...they were violent and destructive in the extreme...after the breaches, security was overwhelmed and falling back to bolster next checkpoints, the remaining 'security' of course stepped aside else they'd have been beaten to death. That's not complicit...but if someone actually was complicit, I'd think they'd nail'em.

"mostly peaceful"...hoo boy... :roll: :lol:

But yeah, the majority of that 10,000+ strong mob likely never threw a punch or swung a stick or destroyed anything. They just pushed forward and chanted and waved flags while those who were violent and in the front did their damage. Some in the rear may well have been oblivious to what was happening in the front...that's what my brother-in-law claims in his case....
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Looking for inside video? Of "peaceful" defecation in the halls? Of "polite" rummaging the desks and offices of the Speaker, the Majority Leader and other Senators and Congressman? Of "careful" carrying off federal property? Oh, and if they were "peaceful" inside Congress -- you know, once the walls and doors were breached -- that must exonerate the violence required and the disobedience of the directives from the police to stop. Sure.

The effort to normalize this event, by statements like the knucklehead cheerleader, above, or by Greenwald's blather about "the melodrama" of Democrats, are actually dangerous and stupid -- if you actually love this country, and not your little party. You guys are going to get the country you deserve.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 am
Looking for inside video? Of "peaceful" defecation in the halls? Of "polite" rummaging the desks and offices of the Speaker, the Majority Leader and other Senators and Congressman? Of "careful" carrying off federal property? Oh, and if they were "peaceful" inside Congress -- you know, once the walls and doors were breached -- that must exonerate the violence required and the disobedience of the directives from the police to stop. Sure.

The effort to normalize this event, by statements like the knucklehead cheerleader, above, or by Greenwald's blather about "the melodrama" of Democrats, are actually dangerous and stupid -- if you actually love this country, and not your little party. You guys are going to get the country you deserve.
tunnel vision, seacoaster. No one around here is arguing the points of what what was attempted...move on, we are past that. Another layer of the entire situation, is the epic failure to protect the very process that was threatened, why you fail to care so very little about protecting the very people we elect but want to solely focus on democracy as a whole befuddles me.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:33 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 am

tunnel vision, seacoaster. No one around here is arguing the points of what what was attempted...move on, we are past that. Another layer of the entire situation, is the epic failure to protect the very process that was threatened, why you fail to care so very little about protecting the very people we elect but want to solely focus on democracy as a whole befuddles me.
I'm having trouble parsing this...can you re-state please?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:26 am
Agree completely.
For the exact same reason FoxNation only showed the 1% of folks at BLM events or protests in Portland that were violent ***holes. The never showed the daytime protests, and DESPERATELY wanted Americans that lived nowhere near those cities to think the entire world was on fire.

It worked, of course.

Catching on, fellas? ;)

I support every single TrumpFans who was at the Jan 6th protest who stayed behind barricades. 100%. But you're right---obviously they're not going to show the peaceful folks, doing a very American thing.....letting the .gov know that they're angry.

Return to “POLITICS”