The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by dislaxxic »

Petty and small minded...pretty much what Donald Trump has made it OK to be since he came down his golden escalator and blew up the American political world...and he's just the symptom, the catalyst for what has been brewing in the world of America's low-information voters for years. These people have no idea what's good for them, they feel nothing but pain and resentment - they need someone to blame.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:02 am Petty and small minded...pretty much what Donald Trump has made it OK to be since he came down his golden escalator and blew up the American political world...and he's just the symptom, the catalyst for what has been brewing in the world of America's low-information voters for years. These people have no idea what's good for them, they feel nothing but pain and resentment - they need someone to blame.

Blame? For what?

Be specific. Or, use the "tone" of "no bones" :o
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:46 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:44 pm Biden's poll numbers = buyers remorse.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/a ... president/

Per a Quinnipiac poll released today, Biden’s national approval rating is 38 percent. Among independents, it’s 32 percent, with 60 percent :D :D :D disapproving of the job he’s doing. Biden is nine points underwater among Hispanics, he’s six points underwater among women, and he’s polling at only 66 percent among African Americans.

What do you all expect when the media gives Biden unprecedented criticism 24/7, OS?

Another unprovable challenge by afan....

You make the claim the this IS what the media do..........critique, all day, every day.

Blame the media for Joe's horrbile handling of covid (all those deaths this year........OPEN the borders some more, Joe. French Laundry needs diswashers (unVAXXinated.....mouth breathers indeed ) to clean Joe's hero, newly elected California Governor ,Newsoms....um.......laundry (napkins, toilet towels....... )

Your thousand dollar a nite A$pen "boutique" get their J1 visa "student intern" chambermaids yet :lol: :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:07 amBlame? For what?

Be specific. Or, use the "tone" of "no bones" :o
Blame for their pain and resentment. Didn't think that was so hard to figure out...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

[
Last edited by runrussellrun on Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Hey Fatty, to learn about the pain and resentment felt by a load of Trump Nation, see - i say see - here

Read this post about the subject and let us know what you think...

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You sure love to divide, I suppose, your words are an insight to your heart.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Who are you talking to youth? It's unclear from your comment...

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:31 am Who are you talking to youth? It's unclear from your comment...

A lot of things are unclear to you Mr Dis. Common sense is at the very tippy top of that list. :D Maybe we should write it down for you in crayon. :P That would include stick figures as well. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:54 am

Per a Quinnipiac poll released today, Biden’s national approval rating is 38 percent. Among independents, it’s 32 percent, with 60 percent disapproving of the job he’s doing. Biden is nine points underwater among Hispanics, he’s six points underwater among women, and he’s polling at only 66 percent among African Americans.

What do you all expect when the media gives Biden unprecedented criticism 24/7, OS?
That did not start until the Afghan withdrawal debacle.
He got a pass from the media on the border until the encampment under the Del Rio bridge could no longer be ignored.
He campaigned as a moderate but has not governed that way. That finally became obvious to the media.
Before the above, his poll ratings were pretty good.
I'm just giving you some lighthearted grief, OS.

AT SOME POINT, you and and the rest of the "media is biased" crew are going to stop with that nonsense, and realize that the media is out to make money...and just as they were with Bush, Trump, and Obama? They're gonna be all over the President when they screw up.

Biden has been responsible for four major things. Covid.....how many negative stories are we reading about that? Still getting death counts, are we not? Welp, that's negative press.

Border? They're all over him there.

Bill passing------all over him on his lack of leadership.

Afghanistan withdrawal? 24/7 hammering, couple with follow up stories on how bad the suffering is in Afghanistan after Biden's choice.

And have you noticed that folks aren't complaining about the media being out to get Biden with the idea of handing Biden excuses for what he says or does. No BDS. No mocking the right, claiming Biden can't do anything right in their eyes.

So.....maybe keep this in mind next time we get a R in office, is all I'm saying here..... ;) Maybe (gasp) Trump and Biden are earning the media criticism?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:13 amAnother unprovable challenge by afan....

You make the claim the this IS what the media do..........critique, all day, every day.
I was giving OS a hard time. Keep up. Or don't.
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:13 am Blame the media for Joe's horrbile handling of covid (all those deaths this year........OPEN the borders some more, Joe. French Laundry needs diswashers (unVAXXinated.....mouth breathers indeed ) to clean Joe's hero, newly elected California Governor ,Newsoms....um.......laundry (napkins, toilet towels....... )

Your thousand dollar a nite A$pen "boutique" get their J1 visa "student intern" chambermaids yet :lol: :lol:
Uh oh! RRR is stoking hate and division. And why are you criticizing some guy from Delaware who has no power over your life, RRR?

You're breaking all your own posting rules, and we can't have that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:52 am
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:54 am

Per a Quinnipiac poll released today, Biden’s national approval rating is 38 percent. Among independents, it’s 32 percent, with 60 percent disapproving of the job he’s doing. Biden is nine points underwater among Hispanics, he’s six points underwater among women, and he’s polling at only 66 percent among African Americans.

That did not start until the Afghan withdrawal debacle.
He got a pass from the media on the border until the encampment under the Del Rio bridge could no longer be ignored.
He campaigned as a moderate but has not governed that way. That finally became obvious to the media.
Before the above, his poll ratings were pretty good.
I'm just giving you some lighthearted grief, OS.

AT SOME POINT, you and and the rest of the "media is biased" crew are going to stop with that nonsense, and realize that the media is out to make money...and just as they were with Bush, Trump, and Obama? They're gonna be all over the President when they screw up.

Biden has been responsible for four major things. Covid.....how many negative stories are we reading about that? Still getting death counts, are we not? Welp, that's negative press.

Border? They're all over him there.

Bill passing------all over him on his lack of leadership.

Afghanistan withdrawal? 24/7 hammering, couple with follow up stories on how bad the suffering is in Afghanistan after Biden's choice.

And have you noticed that folks aren't complaining about the media being out to get Biden with the idea of handing Biden excuses for what he says or does. No BDS. No mocking the right, claiming Biden can't do anything right in their eyes.

So.....maybe keep this in mind next time we get a R in office, is all I'm saying here..... ;) Maybe (gasp) Trump and Biden are earning the media criticism?
I get it, but I defended Trump when he actually made progress on some things that mattered to me, for which the msm did not give him credit.

-- national security : hastened the demise of ISIS by loosening ROE, bagged Al Baghdadi & Solemani, helped the Kurds take & hold NE Syria, hammered Iranian proxies in Iraq, engineered alliance between Israel & Arab Gulf states, got NATO allies off their asses to invest more in shared defense, deescalated nuc standoff with N Korea by turning it into comic opera, planted seeds of closer Pacific alliance with Japan, India, Vietnam, PI & Aussies which are now blossoming, sold lots of F-35's to allies, Brits & French crossdecking on US carrier deployments, increased US presence on NATO E front with more armor & new bases in Romania, Poland & Lithuiana.

-- border security ; found a way to build much of the wall, forced Mexico & N Triangle to stop the flow & his rhetoric & use of every power available to him discouraged economic migrants from heading north.

-- conservative judges

-- Warp speed -- got us 3 vaccines before anyone predicted we could & put in place distribution plan that his successor is using.

-- energy, trade, populism. isolationist/protectionist push back against unrestrained globalism.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 pm I get it, but I defended Trump when he actually made progress on some things that mattered to me, for which the msm did not give him credit.
Yes. Not spreading policy successes happens all the time, too.

Example? Obama never----not once-----got credit for cutting Federal spending in real dollars for the first time since 1953. The MSM said NOTHING about that.

But boy, do I appreciate you saying "I get it". Thank you for that. I'll shut up about the myth of "biased MSM media" from now on.

And as you know----I appreciated more than a few Trump policies...and said so in real time.

And gave Trump credit when I was dead wrong.....example, I thought he'd use the US military like a toy. He didn't do that, and I admit wholeheartedly how wrong I was on that count.
a fan

Post by a fan »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 am Curious what you thought of the rest of the post...the part about a significant turn in the posture of the US...that is continuing under this administration...

Thoughts?

If we're talking China and other foreign relations issues?

First, he has to end the stupid tariffs. I'm frustrated that he didn't in his first couple of months. Those Trump policies were HORRIBLE, and stuck it to American producers (yours truly), American consumers....and made the trade imbalance with China WORSE.

All those ships parked on the California coast, unable to unload? Where do you suppose those are coming from....?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:50 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 pm I get it, but I defended Trump when he actually made progress on some things that mattered to me, for which the msm did not give him credit.

Example? Obama never----not once-----got credit for cutting Federal spending in real dollars for the first time since 1953. The MSM said NOTHING about that.

But boy, do I appreciate you saying "I get it". Thank you for that. I'll shut up about the myth of "biased MSM media" from now on.

And as you know----I appreciated more than a few Trump policies...and said so in real time.

And gave Trump credit when I was dead wrong.....example, I thought he'd use the US military like a toy. He didn't do that, and I admit wholeheartedly how wrong I was on that count.
I'm wracking my brain to come up with something + to say about Biden. I was hopeful when he sold himself as a moderate, unifying type who would bring the country back together & soothe our frazzled allies. ...I'm still waiting.
So far he has disappointed me on all counts. I bit my tongue until the Afghan debacle.
I do like his classic Corvette & that he rescued his dogs. Does that count ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:27 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 am Curious what you thought of the rest of the post...the part about a significant turn in the posture of the US...that is continuing under this administration...

Thoughts?

If we're talking China and other foreign relations issues?

First, he has to end the stupid tariffs. I'm frustrated that he didn't in his first couple of months. Those Trump policies were HORRIBLE, and stuck it to American producers (yours truly), American consumers....and made the trade imbalance with China WORSE.

All those ships parked on the California coast, unable to unload? Where do you suppose those are coming from....?
I know where they came from.. the ship factories. :)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:08 pm

I'm wracking my brain to come up with something + to say about Biden. I was hopeful when he sold himself as a moderate, unifying type who would bring the country back together & soothe our frazzled allies. ...I'm still waiting.
So far he has disappointed me on all counts. I bit my tongue until the Afghan debacle.
You mean appease the losers.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Um....yes?

He's putting the Exec branch management back together. Hang your hat there. That's no small thing.

And if he passes the infrastructure bill, and it doesn't get watered down? That's HUGE. We'll see.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm You mean appease the losers.
Republicans don't talk about unity or reaching across the aisle when they run. It's "my way or the highway" when the are in charge. When they lose, they whine and cry that democrats should reach across the aisle and "unify".

Biden can't unify when R's have zero interest in it. D's try and R's don't budge. Obamacare is the posterchild. D's gave an inch, R's took the mile, and still voted against it. If the election losers are so concerned about unity and governing for all Americans, why don't they hold their own leaders to the same standard?

Circus full of clowns always moving the goalposts right. D's are weak for appeasement. History shows it doesn't work.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Earlier this year, Biden argued that Americans should ignore Washington, D.C., and look to the country in general when determining whether he was the “uniter” he promised to be:

The White House wants to change how people perceive bipartisanship, arguing that if they put forward proposals that are backed by Republicans and independents, they should be seen as bipartisan even if GOP lawmakers in Washington don’t vote for them.

I think we can dispense with that idea. Biden’s approve-disapprove rating is 4–94 among Republicans, it’s 32–60 among independents, and it’s 80–10 among Democrats. If Americans in 2021 are “united” around anything, it’s that they disfavor Joe Biden.

By a margin of 56–41, Americans say that Biden lacks leadership skills. By a margin of 54–42, Americans say that Biden is incompetent. By a margin of 50–44, Americans say that Biden is dishonest. Worse yet, there’s no issue on which Biden is doing well. His approve–disapprove on COVID-19 is 48–50; on the economy, it’s 39–55; on his leadership of the military, it’s 37–58 . On taxes, 37 percent of Americans approve, while 54 percent disapprove; on foreign policy, it’s 34–58 percent; and on immigration, it’s a startling 25–67 percent. That last number is particularly interesting because, if you look at the cross-tabs, you see that Biden is underwater on immigration amongst Hispanics by 46 points, 23–69.

And no, it’s not “just one poll.” In the RealClearPolitics average, Biden is at 44.6 percent approval — the lowest of his presidency thus far. Since the debacle in Afghanistan, Americans have been gradually losing faith in the president in every way that it is possible to lose faith in the president. As Biden gears up to pivot to his absurd, destructive, and thoroughly uncalled-for spending bill, he might do well to stop for a moment and realize that it’s not “them,” after all.

It’s him.
Saw this today....video embedded in this link from CNN shares some intel: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 2Ccvc%3A33
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”