Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
courtdog

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by courtdog »

Hobart should have a good 2022, I think the NEC will have a talented bunch of teams with Bryant, Hobart, St. Joe's leading the way
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

courtdog wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:50 am Hobart should have a good 2022, I think the NEC will have a talented bunch of teams with Bryant, Hobart, St. Joe's leading the way
Don’t know if they have the depth but with Mark and LaCalandria coming back LIU looks more NEC playoff ready than Hobart for the time being. If our starting goalie goes down we could be in a world of trouble.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Listened to podcast. I root for all our kids but I will be watching and hoping to see Randall Brown on the field this year.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Alumni golf outing(Fri 9/24) and Alumni game(Sat 9/25)...see everyone there!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Drcthru wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Secondly good for him to not call it The Colleges-Old School
Hastings High School graduate, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY.
Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
Skaneaetles sucks. If you think that that is nice place you need to get out more. No wonder people leave that area in droves.
Glad you won't be in SKANEATELES anytime soon...the fewer Balti-morons, the better...apparently you prefer stifling summer heat and more murders in your shangri-la, so enjoy!
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Have visited Skaneateles a few times and it is a wonderful town. Prefer warmer weather but upstate NY does have some beautiful spots.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Came across this 2020 interview: Jamie Munro has a great podcast with former Hobart player & coach Marc VanArsdale...well worth the listen!

https://soundcloud.com/user-773779128/p ... an-arsdale
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

stupefied wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am Have visited Skaneateles a few times and it is a wonderful town. Prefer warmer weather but upstate NY does have some beautiful spots.
June - Aug. foliage first half of Sept then ground hardens by Oct if you play football better to be a blocker then getting tackled...
Bart

Post by Bart »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 am Came across this 2020 interview: Jamie Munro has a great podcast with former Hobart player & coach Marc VanArsdale...well worth the listen!

https://soundcloud.com/user-773779128/p ... an-arsdale
Thanks. Was well worth the listen. Marc was a really good coach during my time at Hobart. Did more for me than I care to mention. In my mind, class all the way.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:46 am
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Drcthru wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Secondly good for him to not call it The Colleges-Old School
Hastings High School graduate, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY.
Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
Skaneaetles sucks. If you think that that is nice place you need to get out more. No wonder people leave that area in droves.
Glad you won't be in SKANEATELES anytime soon...the fewer Balti-morons, the better...apparently you prefer stifling summer heat and more murders in your shangri-la, so enjoy!
Derrek Madonna is from there, wish Lance would transfer in. Everyone else can stay out of the area.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Listened to the podcast. It sounds like Aslanian, Brown & Holden will be playing in the alumni game. The varsity will have it's hands full. Wonder who else will be playing for the alums? I'm really happy for the boost in OOC competition. Opening with Albany and playing Lehigh early in the season will be beneficial when NEC play begins.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:30 pm Listened to the podcast. It sounds like Aslanian, Brown & Holden will be playing in the alumni game. The varsity will have it's hands full. Wonder who else will be playing for the alums? I'm really happy for the boost in OOC competition. Opening with Albany and playing Lehigh early in the season will be beneficial when NEC play begins.
Is our schedule up and we have Albany and Lehigh? Or did I miss that in the podcast (listened while driving back from the airport).

I did hear my favorite part other than brown-Nolan Firth, nasty and like Turner, Duby and Christiansen doesn’t like his opponents and let’s them know it!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The addition of Albany and Lehigh to the schedule is in the podcast. Throw in Syracuse, Cornell & Colgate, and we've got a solid season. All 5 will be tough to beat.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 pm The addition of Albany and Lehigh to the schedule is in the podcast. Throw in Syracuse, Cornell & Colgate, and we've got a solid season. All 5 will be tough to beat.
That's a huge upgrade. Who do we drop to add those two? Would come from a list of: Canisius, Siena (at this point we shouldn't be playing both), Binghamton and we had UVM & St Bonaventure in 2019. Presume UVM since there's probably a small travel offset between UVM and Lehigh. I could see us sticking w SBU since Mearns has had a long Bart relationship and losing Siena or Canisius - Siena was mainly becuase Svec went there after tanking TW from inside but if we held onto SBU and Canisius that's a lot of WNY overlap.

Everyone is a tough win I hope at least the kids and staff know even when we get complacent or some hubris - I know you don't think that nor do I but it can slip into the thinking (like I still think we've got Colgate and they've returned to what they were pre Nagle - running a string on them is pretty important for our recruiting too IMO).
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm
oldbartman wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 pm The addition of Albany and Lehigh to the schedule is in the podcast. Throw in Syracuse, Cornell & Colgate, and we've got a solid season. All 5 will be tough to beat.
That's a huge upgrade. Who do we drop to add those two? Would come from a list of: Canisius, Siena (at this point we shouldn't be playing both), Binghamton and we had UVM & St Bonaventure in 2019. Presume UVM since there's probably a small travel offset between UVM and Lehigh. I could see us sticking w SBU since Mearns has had a long Bart relationship and losing Siena or Canisius - Siena was mainly becuase Svec went there after tanking TW from inside but if we held onto SBU and Canisius that's a lot of WNY overlap.

Everyone is a tough win I hope at least the kids and staff know even when we get complacent or some hubris - I know you don't think that nor do I but it can slip into the thinking (like I still think we've got Colgate and they've returned to what they were pre Nagle - running a string on them is pretty important for our recruiting too IMO).
The non-conference schedule Raymond mentioned on the Podcast was:

Opening game @ Albany
vs Canisius
vs Lehigh
@ Colgate
@ Syracuse
@ Cornell
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Tdemling6 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:15 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:32 pm

The non-conference schedule Raymond mentioned on the Podcast was:

Opening game @ Albany
vs Canisius
vs Lehigh
@ Colgate
@ Syracuse
@ Cornell
Thanks listened but paid more attention in gridlock in car not as focused when I could actually move. I miss upstate NY traffic....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For anyone who catches other Hobart sports here’s a story in today FB game. Apparently I only heard a portion of the podcast while in my car the other day so perhaps it was covered but there’s a FR backup (deep like 4th string) QB from Colorado named Johnny Colombi (1st team all at w Wimer and USA lacrosse AA-https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment) who was an excellent HS lacrosse player capable of contributing to the lax team but not sure if he’s coming out. One of the DB/safeties is named Blake Hansen (https://hwsathletics.com/sports/footbal ... nsen/16166)
out of Hun was a good high school lacrosse player who’s brother was committed to MD but don’t think was on the roster. Then there’s a 300lb OL from Chad Bach's HS named a Colt Lyndaker (https://hwsathletics.com/sports/footbal ... aker/16229) if we get desperate at goalie.

Hobart heads to St. John Fisher for Thruway Showdown
Saturday's game will be the 20th meeting between the teams
9/17/2021 4:09:00 PM

The Hobart football team will make the short drive down the Thruway to take on St. John Fisher Saturday, Sept. 18. The Statesmen and Cardinals will kick off at 2 p.m. at Growney Stadium.

The game will be broadcast live on WEOS-FM (89.5 in Geneva). Fans can follow Live Video and Live Stats on St. John Fisher's website.

The game will be the 20th all-time meeting between the Statesmen and the Cardinals. Hobart leads the series 12-7, including a 5-4 mark in Pittsford.

Hobart enters the game with a 2-0 record following a 35-3 win at Alfred to open the season and a 41-0 shutout of Morrisville State last week.

The Statesmen are averaging 396.5 yards per game, including 233.5 yards rushing. The running back tandem of Tim Denham Jr. and Rayshawn Boswell have combined for 369 yards rushing and six touchdowns. Quarterback David Krewson has completed 50% of his passes for 308 yards and a TD. Wideouts Alex LaBella and Chris Bartosic share the team lead with six receptions apiece. LaBella also leads the team in receiving yards with 88.

Defensively, Hobart is yielding just 182.5 yards per game, 91.5 rushing and 91.0 passing. The Statesmen are ranked in the top 10 in the nation in interceptions with six by six different players. Linebacker CJ Calero has a team-high 11 tackles.

St. John Fisher is also 2-0, winning at Buffalo State 21-14 to start the season and taking down Framingham State 38-7 in the Cardinals' home opener.

SJF is averaging 301.5 yards per game, gaining 94.5 yards on the ground and 207.0 through the air. Quarterback Hunter Walsh has completed 62.5% of his passes for 379 yards and three touchdowns without an interception. Wide receiver TySean Sizer is his top target with eight receptions for 113 yards and a TD. Running back Dahmir Pross has rushed for a team-high 138 yards (4.3 yds/rush) and two TDs.

On defense, Fisher gives up 339.5 yards per game (111.5 rush/228.0 pass). The Cardinals are on the plus side in turnover margin thanks to the D's four interceptions. Linebacker Joe Miscia leads the team with 16 tackles. Defensive back Anthony Manna has 11 tackles, including a team-high 2.0 for loss, three pass breakups, an interception and a fumble recovery.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

For 2023s,

Riley Knox has not been picked up yet, is still
uncommitted,

https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/ril ... -lacrosse/

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:27 am For 2023s,

Riley Knox has not been picked up yet, is still
uncommitted,

https://doppleronline.ca/huntsville/ril ... -lacrosse/

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment
Tell him he should come to Hobart. Or else!

Realistically I have a feeling there’s zero chance he’s coming to
Geneva. Good luck to him elsewhere.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

At least we aren’t the only grandfathered school that the NCAA boned. Of course we asked in the 90a when forced to make a choice on lacrosse I’m pretty sure so don’t see this 2004 date as relevant.

6. Consideration of Bylaw 20.7.1.1.1 waiver requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College. The committee denied requests from Rochester Institute of Technology and Union College to waive NCAA Bylaw 20.7.1.1 (Division III application) to permit the institutions to provide athletically related financial aid to their Division I student-athletes. Specifically, the committee noted no Division III institution sponsoring a Division I sport has an opportunity to receive a waiver if the institution did not sponsor a Division I sport and receive a waiver to offer athletically related financial aid prior to January 1, 2004. Additionally, the committee that a decision involving financial aid, a core tenet of the Division III philosophy, is an issue for the entire Division III membership

Report of the Division III Membership Committee August 19, 2021, Videoconference
Page No. 2 _________
beyond the committee's waiver-granting purview and the proper venue to challenge this restriction is via the legislative process and a vote of the full Division III membership.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”