Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Football opener tonight vs Alfred if anyone is interested.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/iSyj1d0tQlYHy/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

35-3 good guys. Nice to have a live fall event if on the road.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Anyone else heading to Geneva for the golf outing and alumni game? Looking forward to strapping it on and playing some slo-mo lax!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

FMU, glad someone will be representing the 80s.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

As per IL Rovere has decommitted from Hobart and is headed to High Point
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We got problems.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

laxjuris wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:00 am As per IL Rovere has decommitted from Hobart and is headed to High Point
As per his Twitter posts, it was a matter of him changing his intended major. Good luck to him at HPU. Looks like there is room for at least one, if not 2 more middies in the 22 class. Wonder when we'll sign our first '23 as players have the "luxury" of actually visiting campuses, unlike last year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And we lost Bland to NLL while having like one goalie on the roster. Potentially best recruits in 21 and 22 classes even though Rovere isn’t the biggest kid.

We will see but I see pretty much continual loss of momentum between injuries, externalities and the 21 season after 2020 ended short. That was the season we should’ve had as ours as best in the decade to build off of. Troubling sign in addition to spreading athletics money out further while pulling back on OOC travel and money for canadian kids drying up at the colleges. If 22 is an improvement on 21 it’s going to have to be a fully healthy complement across the board, Holtby’s head being in a decent place and signs that Raymond and his staff have truly improved at their craft as coaches. I’m going to view 22 as fully on them (8th season for Raymond) as we believe we have pretty good talent in place of healthy.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxfan1234 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:20 pm 2022 midfielder from Section IV:
https://twitter.com/jclacrosse/status/1 ... 09032?s=21
My hood! (Binghamton is the epicenter of that region, surrounded by Vestal, JC & Endicott for those unfamiliar). Hs JC had many strong lacrosse players? Cant recall many from Bingo, Endicott or JC however Vestal has had strong kids over the years.

Overall section 4 is solid if not as strong as 3 & 5 since the Corning/Elmira/horse heads region fell off. Will be rooting for the kid hard.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Secondly good for him to not call it The Colleges-Old School
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Hastings High School graduate, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drcthru wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:27 pm NFL opening night. As they introduce the starters “Ali Marpet, The Hobart College”

First of all, YES!

Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
jhu93

Post by jhu93 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:40 pm

First of all, YES!

Yep I’ve hung out with Ali and his family a few times. There’s a guy who posts here who’s down in FL and is much more intimately close with the family and been a Bucs season ticket holder since Ali’s first or second year. He’s a Patriot fan from growing up in NE so last year was basically his wet dream. I’m on the other side on Brady so was hoping he’d play OLine like a matador but I guess winning a super bowl is better than letting that goofball metrosexual get his.

Bill and Brody are both a trip. Bill is a well known filmographer (? Is that the term it’s not director but I know he shoot fashion week). Ali considered Fordham to play DT but ended up at Hobart because Basketball was his first passion and he thought he could double dip but of course coach cragg never let that happen as he was in a class that included the D3 DPOY named Tyre Coleman and a few other starting D1 caliber players.

Having a converted sister and her family he’s moving up the ranks of all time Jewish athletes though it’s hard to imagine anyone getting to Sandy Koufax level.
There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm

First of all, YES!

There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego.
Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
jhu93

Post by jhu93 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:28 pm
jhu93 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 pm

First of all, YES!

Feel like I’m wondering about the price of tea in China given Geneva is not syracuse, Hastings on Hudson is WestChester and I’ve lived in DC, Manhattan and Atlanta since 2002. Or is this a drinking CFB saturday thing?

I’m ignoring that you seem to know nothing about the finger lakes and a number of other redeeming things about WNY. Are you a hop gras from 1993 which would mean you were in Baltimore in the early 90s???

And chicken wings. I don’t mind a hijack but there was nothing redeeming in that post.
Skaneaetles sucks. If you think that that is nice place you need to get out more. No wonder people leave that area in droves.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You suck period.
jhu93

Post by jhu93 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:41 pm You suck period.
I may suck, but Syracuse is worse. Man, Camden and Chester PA never looked so good. Wilmington must look like Boca Raton to you.

Stay Woke!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

"There is nothing redeeming about living in western New York. If that is your end game why bother. Syracuse makes Trenton look like Sand Diego."
Where is Sand Diego? :oops:
You can keep your tornados, hurricanes, floods, heat waves, and fires ... I'll stay in the Finger Lakes, drink wine, sail, ski, and breathe easy. Plus I get to watch great lacrosse from February through August.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

This was a good listen. Thanks to Ted for picking this back up.

https://hwsathletics.com/podcasts/hobar ... sode-26/27

Glad to hear Coach Ray feels like last season was a missed opportunity (common theme of his regime but I digress). Good to hear that he's moving past the challenges presented via COVID and that they're getting reacclimated and learning what did and didn't work last fall. Reading btw the lines - maybe it's just me - but it sounded like the team had a bit of a compliance / attitude problem following protocols that frustrated him a bit (and probably impacted why certain guys played and others didn't).

Sounds like the alumni team coming up next weekend is going to be a great one. If anyone here goes / plays / spectates, I'd love to read a recap here after the fact.

The other main highlight of this pod is some of the background on the new, younger guys coming in / up, plus the OOC schedule opponents.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”