Coaching Carousel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm If Charlotte North had decided to leave Duke and gone to Jacksonville instead of BC, would you all be raving about her talent?
I wouldn't--for the simple reason that I wouldn't see her because there would little if any broadcasting coverage if she played for Jacksonville. Even if there was coverage I doubt it would be above average the way Boston College broadcasts their team. She would fade into obscurity to a degree. The only folks raving about her talent would be the ones who got a chance to see her play on a regular basis.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Bart said the following :
"What that they all played ab both Adelphi and Stony Brook? Why would I comment on that when we were talking about D2."
It's not just that they played both D2 and D1, but about the facts that they were AAs in both D2 and D1. I still remember a poster on LaxPower telling me that Joe Spallina was "just a D2 coach" and the players are "good in D2, but when they face these athletes in D1 it will be a different story." Those 3 players, along with Florida Transfer Janine Hillier, were the foundation upon which Joe Spallina built the Stony Brook program. I guess those "D2 players" were the exception.

"Isnardi was a good player. I did not use the word great and that is some how disrespectful. C'mon Larry. Perhaps I just do not throw that word around in regards to a player."
Did I mention that she is the All-Time scoring leader in the history of D2? How does that not translate to Great? I would like to think that I NEVER lightly use that word and when I do, that means I'm watching someone of extraordinary talent.

You think you watch more D2 games than anyone, that's fine. My level of excitement about players and what they can do is the same no matter what Division I'm watching. I'm not looking to quarrel(don't hear that word anymore) at all. Just expressing my feeling about something you said about a player I really respect.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LarryGamLax wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:47 am Bart said the following :
"What that they all played ab both Adelphi and Stony Brook? Why would I comment on that when we were talking about D2."
It's not just that they played both D2 and D1, but about the facts that they were AAs in both D2 and D1. I still remember a poster on LaxPower telling me that Joe Spallina was "just a D2 coach" and the players are "good in D2, but when they face these athletes in D1 it will be a different story." Those 3 players, along with Florida Transfer Janine Hillier, were the foundation upon which Joe Spallina built the Stony Brook program. I guess those "D2 players" were the exception.

"Isnardi was a good player. I did not use the word great and that is some how disrespectful. C'mon Larry. Perhaps I just do not throw that word around in regards to a player."
Did I mention that she is the All-Time scoring leader in the history of D2? How does that not translate to Great? I would like to think that I NEVER lightly use that word and when I do, that means I'm watching someone of extraordinary talent.

OK. I saw the kid play in person two times. She has gaudy stats. It is not in my nature to bestow that on a kid with that little of actually watching her and only going by stats. You keep intimating that there is some type of disrespect there, there is not. She has gaudy numbers and what impresses me with those numbers more than her goals is her numbers on draw controls. There are lots of kids "like" her in D2 and D3. By "like" I
mean talented kids who could play at any level

You think you watch more D2 games than anyone, that's fine. My level of excitement about players and what they can do is the same no matter what Division I'm watching. I'm not looking to quarrel(don't hear that word anymore) at all. Just expressing my feeling about something you said about a player I really respect.
That is fair. I watch alot of D2 cause that is where my kids play/played and I know lots of kids in those ranks. They also do a great job streaming their games and it is free for the most part, unlike many of the D1 games.

Again, I do not disrespect Ms. Isnardi but I saw much more of Sophie Beulow from Lindenwood that year as well as Emily Santoli from Florida Southern. Solid all around middies. The kid I say in 2018 whom I really thought got looked over in D2 1st team AA was Jada Bonner from Regis. Fantastic athlete and very good with the ball in her stick. I do not know who I would replace her with but she was fun to watch.

Nothing more, nothing less.

lax

Post by lax »

What happened to this being the coaching carousel - leave it to open and filled positions.
What schools are still looking for head coaches? What schools are looking for assistant coaches?
OuttaNowhereWregget

lax wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:41 am What happened to this being the coaching carousel - leave it to open and filled positions.
What schools are still looking for head coaches? What schools are looking for assistant coaches?
There are digressions from time to time…
DMac

Post by DMac »

lax wrote

What happened to this being the coaching carousel - leave it to open and filled positions.
Yup, sometimes during the long dog days of summer and the off season we tend to get a little off topic and chew on different subjects now and then but no worries, it always comes back around.
OuttaNowhereWregget

🤣 TFF!
OuttaNowhereWregget

What’s for lunch today, DMac?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Coming back to the topic --- Is New Hampshire still looking for a head coach? Coastal Carolina? Monmouth? are there any other openings?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 am Coming back to the topic --- Is New Hampshire still looking for a head coach? Coastal Carolina? Monmouth? are there any other openings?
UNH is interviewing coaches now.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 am Coming back to the topic --- Is New Hampshire still looking for a head coach? Coastal Carolina? Monmouth? are there any other openings?
All three are still open, didn’t know that Monmouth had an opening. I didn’t see any other D1 coaching vacancines.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

I did not see a mention of this but I just found out that Kim Hillier will be the new head coach of Drexel. Kim is an AWESOME person.
OuttaNowhereWregget

University of New Hampshire!

New Hampshire hires Kacie Lewis as head coach.

Read all about it:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... osse-coach
OuttaNowhereWregget

Boston University Terriers

Maria Auth named new assistant coach.

https://goterriers.com/news/2021/8/11/m ... staff.aspx
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Brindi Griffin Named Assistant @NavyWLax Coach at the Naval Academy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Emilia Ward Michigan’s new volunteer assistant coach:

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/8/19/ward ... coach.aspx
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I saw this over on the D3 thread but thought it would be of interest here -

https://athletics.carthage.edu/news/202 ... ector.aspx
laxrat1976

Post by laxrat1976 »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:00 pm I saw this over on the D3 thread but thought it would be of interest here -

Apparently Carthage College doesn't check references.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxrat1976 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:07 pm
8meterPA wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:00 pm I saw this over on the D3 thread but thought it would be of interest here -

Are you sure you know the ENTIRE story as to why John Sung is no longer at VT? My guess is that Carthage knows more than you do.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxrat1976 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Banished to Wisconsin....

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”