Ivy League issue?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Ivy League issue?

Post by Matnum PI »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:30 amI think we interpret this quite differently as well. "Aren't journalistically perfect" shouldn't mean unfounded rumors attacking the character of the young collegiate athletes we follow is acceptable in my book. Is it not cyber bullying?
We could discuss Navy's new coach and some ding-dong could chime in with unfounded rumors about the coach, players, alumni, etc. That doesn't mean we're not going to discuss Navy's coach. Seniors quit. There's no shame in this. Sometimes seniors quit in numbers. And, at face value, there's also no shame in this. With this said, I think most D1 Women lacrosse fans want to move beyond the superficial, beyond the face value.

LadiesLax, do you know the details for Brown? is it seniors realizing they're not going to get so much PT so they're choosing other activities? Just choosing other activities? Or is it less moving towards something better and more moving away from something not to their taste about the team?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

I get it, PI, ding-dongs chiming in with unfounded, potentially harmful, rumors attacking collegiate athletes character is quite alright with you. We just see things quite differently, that's all.

I've heard rumors about the Brown girls, it aint pretty, but I'll wait for confirmation before sharing.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Holy crow. DMac, you sincerely believe that you're on the right side of "unfounded, potentially harmful, rumors attacking collegiate athletes character" and then literally in the same breath, you strongly insinuate something awful. Holy crow...

Also, I want to go on record as saying, anyone who believes what DMac is typing based on what DMac is typing is a fool.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

DMac wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:14 pm I get it, PI, ding-dongs chiming in with unfounded, potentially harmful, rumors attacking collegiate athletes character is quite alright with you. We just see things quite differently, that's all.

I've heard rumors about the Brown girls, it aint pretty, but I'll wait for confirmation before sharing.
Oh my. Was trying to ignore this stuff and focus on my day job, but I have tears running down my face I'm laughing so hard. My colleagues think I'm insane. For the record, we should all probably move on. Off the record, your last sentence was probably well worth the suspension you may earn. I just hope xlax and angus are not around any sharp objects when they read that line. Someone may need to duct tape their skulls back together. I am confident that the Command Sgt. Major is toasting his crazy son's brass cojones from somewhere in the great beyond. Dulce periculum.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You're right, CO, and much to the delight of many, I'm sure, I'll move on.
My point has been made here, however uncomfortable that might be for others.
Glad to have provided a laugh for you, it's good medicine, lifts the spirit.
Love the "Dulce periculum" that's a new one to me. Based on that, you would
have loved the old man. Silver Star, Bronze Star, three Purple Hearts, Patton's
outfit...not a person you wanted to F with. Words my friends have said to me
about him, "He was a cut above", "I learned more from your father than I did mine."
He and my mom are buried in Arlington..good place for him.

You're right, Mantum, don't believe a word of it, fact is it shouldn't be allowed to
be posted but you guys just don't see it that way.
Happy trails, see you on another road.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweet! Obviously my warning had little meaning to you, DMac. 1 Minute (2-day) Penalty. Penalty released on Thursday at 10:30 AM. Tweet! Play on...
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Well deserved. Standing ovations all around.
Angus

Post by Angus »

Can Opener wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:29 pm I just hope xlax and angus are not around any sharp objects when they read that line. Someone may need to duct tape their skulls back together.
On the contrary. I withstood and blasted DMac because he needed to be called out for his childish conduct in this thread. He’s been reprimanded and now penalized. That’ll suffice. Apart from that, I’m indifferent to any further nonsensical observations at that address.
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

What if...... a pay to play environment exists and the players that put in their time AND the coach are not happy? Mimics national news coverage.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Not sure about Yale, but the Brown situation referenced above is not pay to play. I know this first hand.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I haven't gone back and read the threads but there does seem to be something about the Ivy League where winning a national title doesn't appear to be a priority. It has been alleged by a poster or two as well.

As an aside, I didn't realize former BC Big Three member Kenzie Kent was an assistant coach for Harvard.

She gives a "chalk talk" halfway down the page under Videos

https://gocrimson.com/sports/womens-lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

This is a good sign. Princeton spent money on a new scoreboard. 1952 stadium is a great place to watch a game (on TV). Never had the occasion in person.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”