Will 2022 have some of the best teams EVER?!?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
BCGold

Will 2022 have some of the best teams EVER?!?

Post by BCGold »

With COVID adding another year to many elite players, next year may produce some of the best teams ever assembled.
Obviously there are many variables at play, but think about this years Final Four teams:

BC, National Champs (luv wring that)- returns their core players, while adding the #1 and #4 incoming recruits

Syracuse- amazing, improbable run after losing 2 top players. They are back, along with core team that got to championship game

Northwestern- 1 loss team with Izzy and core back, Big 10 champs

Carolina- ACC champs, 1 loss on year, adding strong recruits plus transfer Olivia Dirks

Can’t remember a year with so many teams stacked with talent, and that’s only this years Final Four teams! Also tough to say what the rankings will be going into next year, u could make a great case for BC, Carolina or Syr

ACC should be amazing, looking forward to a crazy great year of intense games
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Will 2022 have some of the best teams EVER?!?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

BCGold wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am With COVID adding another year to many elite players, next year may produce some of the best teams ever assembled.
Obviously there are many variables at play, but think about this years Final Four teams:

BC, National Champs (luv wring that)- returns their core players, while adding the #1 and #4 incoming recruits

Syracuse- amazing, improbable run after losing 2 top players. They are back, along with core team that got to championship game

Northwestern- 1 loss team with Izzy and core back, Big 10 champs

Carolina- ACC champs, 1 loss on year, adding strong recruits plus transfer Olivia Dirks

Can’t remember a year with so many teams stacked with talent, and that’s only this years Final Four teams! Also tough to say what the rankings will be going into next year, u could make a great case for BC, Carolina or Syr

ACC should be amazing, looking forward to a crazy great year of intense games
Good question. Will next year be the last year for the extra year granted by the NCAA in response to covid?

For BC, I assume you're referring to Mallory Hasselbeck and Summer Agostino. That team could be scary good as I think you may have said in another thread.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

BEST TEAMS EVER? In 2022?

Stop with the melodramatic Crap! Do you really think that kind of overwrought hyperbole is necessary? I for one, do not.

Let the 2022 season come and play itself out first, then make your play for an Emmy later. Sheesh!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 am BEST TEAMS EVER? In 2022?
Stop with the melodramatic Crap! Do you really think that kind of overwrought hyperbole is necessary? I for one, do not.
Let the 2022 season come and play itself out first, then make your play for an Emmy later. Sheesh!
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

For my part, I like the topic, BCGold. It helps whet the appetite and keep hot stove lacrosse talk going through the long off-season.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

BCGold wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am With COVID adding another year to many elite players, next year may produce some of the best teams ever assembled... looking forward to a crazy great year of intense games
I thought 2021 was going to be the boosted-year but... I think you're right. 2022. It's a year with 5 classes of players instead of the usual 4.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:59 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 am BEST TEAMS EVER? In 2022?

Seriously? I'm perfectly relaxed. You guys can say whatever you want about 2022 and what MAY occur. I'm just not participating. I'll wait for the season to come.
Let's see what happens in Fallball.
BCGold

Post by BCGold »

U do realize that this is a lacrosse fan forum, right?

We lac junkies enjoy the talk and build up between seasons. If u would rather have “the 2022 come and play itself out first”, then by all means do that.

But then what’s the point of being on this site in the first place???
OuttaNowhereWregget

BCGold wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:03 am U do realize that this is a lacrosse fan forum, right?

We lac junkies enjoy the talk and build up between seasons. If u would rather have “the 2022 come and play itself out first”, then by all means do that.

Well said, BC, well said. Talking hypothetically helps the long long offseason go by a little quicker.
OuttaNowhereWregget

BCGold wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am ...next year may produce some of the best teams ever assembled.

BC, National Champs (luv writing that)- returns their core players, while adding the #1 and #4 incoming recruits.
I would say BC has the best chance of all these teams to be one of the best ever. They are returning many key players and like you said, more incoming highly touted recruits. I have to think BC is number one in the polls to start the season easily.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

BCGold wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:03 am U do realize that this is a lacrosse fan forum, right?

Thanks for reminding what the site is about. Silly me, right? :roll: :roll:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:43 am
BCGold wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:54 am ...next year may produce some of the best teams ever assembled.

BC, National Champs (luv writing that)- returns their core players, while adding the #1 and #4 incoming recruits.
I would say BC has the best chance of all these teams to be one of the best ever. They are returning many key players and like you said, more incoming highly touted recruits. I have to think BC is number one in the polls to start the season easily.
Think back a year and replace BC with UNC
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I think if you go back a few years, I was building you and your Eagles up, when all looked dark after the big 3 left....Things change and just like UNC or MD, they don't always go up.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:19 pm

NC wasn't coming off a national championship last year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:20 pm

I think if you go back a few years, I was building you and your Eagles up, when all looked dark after the big 3 left....Things change and just like UNC or MD, they don't always go up.
True, true. But as far as the Eagles go, after losing their third national title game, graduating the Big Three, and then the way they looked during covid 2020--no one saw this coming.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:10 pm

The fact that they won a natty wasnt my point. Best returning team, best recruits, etc....The hype that BC will get may equal UNCs at the beginning of this past season, but as we have seen, hype isnt a guarantee to winning the championship.

Ranked #1 at the beginning of next season, absolutely! Now, one of the best teams ever? I'm not sold.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:24 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:10 pm

The fact that they won a natty wasnt my point. Best returning team, best recruits, etc....The hype that BC will get may equal UNCs at the beginning of this past season, but as we have seen, hype isnt a guarantee to winning the championship.

Ranked #1 at the beginning of next season, absolutely! Now, one of the best teams ever? I'm not sold.
I’m not sold either, Doc. Just trying to flesh out BCGold’s topic. That’s why I used the word chance.
BCGold

Post by BCGold »

I should clarify, I didn’t mean any specific team as “best ever”, I meant that looking at Carolina, BC, cuse, northwestern and maybe some others, 2022 could be the best ‘collective’ group of teams talent-wise.

The above teams return most/all their key players, plus have high end recruits coming in to add to already stacked teams. Of course all that matters is how they produce on the field, and team chemistry can be fragile, but on paper I’d suggest those 2022 schools have more pure talent than anytime in women’s lacrosse.

I honestly believe u could make a case for any of Carolina, cuse or BC to start season #1

Think of Cuse making ACC and NCAA championship game without arguably their 2 best players, they could be scary good

Then u have Carolina who was red hot goalie, and a BC team playing a near perfect game, away from an undefeated season

My Eagles got it done, and return pretty much everyone too

Giddy up folks, women’s lac entering a golden age of teams at the perfect time with all the new television coverage, gonna be fun!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

BCGold wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:37 am I should clarify, I didn’t mean any specific team as “best ever”, I meant that looking at Carolina, BC, cuse, northwestern and maybe some others, 2022 could be the best ‘collective’ group of teams talent-wise.

The above teams return most/all their key players, plus have high end recruits coming in to add to already stacked teams. Of course all that matters is how they produce on the field, and team chemistry can be fragile, but on paper I’d suggest those 2022 schools have more pure talent than anytime in women’s lacrosse.

I honestly believe u could make a case for any of Carolina, cuse or BC to start season #1

Think of Cuse making ACC and NCAA championship game without arguably their 2 best players, they could be scary good

Then u have Carolina who was red hot goalie, and a BC team playing a near perfect game, away from an undefeated season

My Eagles got it done, and return pretty much everyone too

Giddy up folks, women’s lac entering a golden age of teams at the perfect time with all the new television coverage, gonna be fun!
I could agree with the top paragraph. However, the older (wiser? ;) ) members may comment about comparing eras is hard to do with stick technologies, etc.

The Cuse argument is one that I am not sure about. It isnt like their subs weren't really good. I think of the rating system used for football. Your starter is rated a .950, your back up is a .925 . For what the two players do, is there any contribution drop off from that .025 of a rating point? The subs for those two Cuse starters might have provided 90% of what the starters would have....There are only so many touches and there is only one ball...so the impact (assuming we agree the subs were very high level) in the loss of the starters was likely more emotional than actual...Not taking anything away from the two injured starters...no one wants to see that, but that team gelled after the injuries and who knows if the same results would have happened with the starters....
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:47 pm The Cuse argument is one that I am not sure about. It isnt like their subs weren't really good. I think of the rating system used for football. Your starter is rated a .950, your back up is a .925 . For what the two players do, is there any contribution drop off from that .025 of a rating point? The subs for those two Cuse starters might have provided 90% of what the starters would have....There are only so many touches and there is only one ball...so the impact (assuming we agree the subs were very high level) in the loss of the starters was likely more emotional than actual...Not taking anything away from the two injured starters...no one wants to see that, but that team gelled after the injuries and who knows if the same results would have happened with the starters....
That’s a very interesting possibility to ponder. Who knows is right.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”