Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by njbill »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:35 am
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am Prepare to be disappointed, Dad. She isn’t going to make the final team. What did Spallina say at the tryouts?
Just googled "Joe Spallina Charlotte North" and nothing popped up. Has he made comments about who has done well?
He said we are looking for assisted goals. And, nope, I didn’t whisper in his ear.

It’s on the video they put out.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:20 am Prepare to be disappointed, Dad. She isn’t going to make the final team. What did Spallina say at the tryouts?
Just googled "Joe Spallina Charlotte North" and nothing popped up. Has he made comments about who has done well?
He said we are looking for assisted goals. And, nope, I didn’t whisper in his ear.

It doesn’t matter there’s no way they aren’t taking her .
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:39 am Kent will be playing as an attack not as a middie .
If you are suggesting she would play as an offensive middie, subbing out when the team is on defense, that would make sense.

She is being carried as a middie on the roster, however. If she makes the team, I imagine it would be one of the middie slots.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 am It doesn’t matter there’s no way they aren’t taking her .
I agree. Biting off nose to spite face if they do.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:39 am Kent will be playing as an attack not as a middie .
If you are suggesting she would play as an offensive middie, subbing out when the team is on defense, that would make sense.

She is being carried as a middie on the roster, however. If she makes the team, I imagine it would be one of the middie slots.
She was told at tryout “you’re an attacker” you are playing attack …
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm She was told at tryout “you’re an attacker” you are playing attack …
Attack was her position when she played for the Eagles. Her strengths are best suited at attack.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:58 am

We’ll see. You can say there’s no way they aren’t taking her. I can say there’s no way they are. We don’t make the decision.

She is only a scorer. This team does not need more scorers.
It is essential that the attackers be excellent feeders and fierce redefenders. That’s why Treanor, Apuzzo, and Tumolo will make the team. North is lacking in those areas.

Ohlmiller gets on because of Joe.

So assuming they take five attackers, who gets the last slot? I say Scane. While granted she is not a top-notch feeder, she is a better redefender than North and an equally good scorer. What tips it for me is her physicality. The international game is a lot more physical than college. I would like to have a Scane-type player on the field in the event the team needs a tough, physical goal.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm

If that’s the case, why does the official announcement list her as a middie? That doesn’t make sense.

And told by whom?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am Nice compliment this week for CN from UNC coach and former star Marie McCool.

“What the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport is incredible. Charlotte North specifically, she is so talented,” McCool said. “She’s doing things that nobody has done before with her stickwork. It’s so important for young kids to see those things.“

No mention of assists to shots ratio or excessive cellies so clearly Charlotte is learning from our posters. :D

Respect Marie and like her very much. That was a nice compliment about Charlotte North, but it really isn't exactly accurate. Marie is young, so she sees CN do things and assumes the things she sees are things "that nobody has done before". I could name a number of players(many of whom most of you would not know) who were stick wizards, but what CN has is TV(streaming incl.) and the big stage.
Always nice when players can respect other player's talent.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:17 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:06 pm

If that’s the case, why does the official announcement list her as a middie? That doesn’t make sense.

And told by whom?
They moved several girls around from positions they were listed at. At tryouts .
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:45 pm
Can Opener wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:14 am Nice compliment this week for CN from UNC coach and former star Marie McCool.

“What the collegiate players have been able to do for our sport is incredible. Charlotte North specifically, she is so talented,” McCool said. “She’s doing things that nobody has done before with her stickwork. It’s so important for young kids to see those things.“

No mention of assists to shots ratio or excessive cellies so clearly Charlotte is learning from our posters. :D

Respect Marie and like her very much. That was a nice compliment about Charlotte North, but it really isn't exactly accurate. Marie is young, so she sees CN do things and assumes the things she sees are things "that nobody has done before". I could name a number of players(many of whom most of you would not know) who were stick wizards, but what CN has is TV(streaming incl.) and the big stage.
Always nice when players can respect other player's talent.
I agree with you Treanor was and is a wizard with her stick. If she was playing with the amount of social media hype that CN gets…
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm

We’ll see. You can say there’s no way they aren’t taking her. I can say there’s no way they are. We don’t make the decision.

It is essential that the attackers be excellent feeders and fierce redefenders. That’s why Treanor, Apuzzo, and Tumolo will make the team. North is lacking in those areas.

So assuming they take five attackers, who gets the last slot? I say Scane. While granted she is not a top-notch feeder, she is a better redefender than North and an equally good scorer. What tips it for me is her physicality. The international game is a lot more physical than college. I would like to have a Scane-type player on the field in the event the team needs a tough, physical goal.
It’s all about growing the game . Who has a bigger social presence right now than CN. And assuming they make the cuts after Preaidents cup in Dallas - her hometown… no way they won’t take her .
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:07 pm They moved several girls around from positions they were listed at. At tryouts .
Don’t mean to belabor this, but after the tryouts, she is still listed as a middie.

Regardless of position, I don’t think she makes the team.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:11 pm It’s all about growing the game . Who has a bigger social presence right now than CN. And assuming they make the cuts after Preaidents cup in Dallas - her hometown… no way they won’t take her .
“It’s all about growing the game.” Uh, no. It’s about putting together a team that can win the World Cup. I sure hope social media has zero to do with it.

Heaven help us if the team is decided by who is popular on teenage girls’ social media. :roll:
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:28 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:11 pm It’s all about growing the game . Who has a bigger social presence right now than CN. And assuming they make the cuts after Preaidents cup in Dallas - her hometown… no way they won’t take her .
“It’s all about growing the game.” Uh, no. It’s about putting together a team that can win the World Cup. I sure hope social media has zero to do with it.

Heaven help us if the team is decided by who is popular on teenage girls’ social media. :roll:
Believe me it all comes into play...They could make 3 teams with all that talent and any one of these teams would crush the competition at the World games.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:15 pm

Honestly, bro. When will you give up the ghost?
njbill

Post by njbill »

:lol: Keep trying, Dad.

She’s a very good player. She won the Tewaaratan. She ain’t making the national team. Bank on it.

Do you really want me to get into the other reasons? Didn’t think so.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Kent is an attacker and would take an attack spot. End of story. Problem is, she likes to attack from the same spot as Ohlmiller and she's not beating her out for it. Treanor loves those same areas as well but is more versatile than KO in that regard. But the fact remains, there's just no room for Kent.

North's skillset is incredible but it's not what this team needs for their style of play. She is a pure dodger and this attack is about ball movement.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:49 pm :lol: Keep trying, Dad.

She’s a very good player. She won the Tewaaratan. She ain’t making the national team. Bank on it.

Do you really want me to get into the other reasons? Didn’t think so.
I feel like a bet is coming LOL
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:53 pm Kent is an attacker and would take an attack spot. End of story. Problem is, she likes to attack from the same spot as Ohlmiller and she's not beating her out for it. Treanor loves those same areas as well but is more versatile than KO in that regard. But the fact remains, there's just no room for Kent.

North's skillset is incredible but it's not what this team needs for their style of play. She is a pure dodger and this attack is about ball movement.
Don’t forget they will probably pick an attacker to be an alternate my guess is they’ll go with Emily H for that role

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”