The Boston College Eagles - 2021 National Champions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: The Boston College Eagles - 2021 National Champions

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:47 am
Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 am Could Murphy have done the same thing if she was playing for BC? We will never know.
Sure we would. Murphy had 1 goal vs (2) top 5 ranked teams in ‘16

Nuff said
Why is it necessary to disparage others in order to highlight North’s skills and passion? This is “12 year old with an internet connection” stuff. Small.
It's the worst part of the sports talk.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:01 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:15 am Could Murphy have done the same thing if she was playing for BC? We will never know.

Nuff said
Why is it necessary to disparage others in order to highlight North’s skills and passion? This is “12 year old with an internet connection” stuff. Small.
Don’t forget, sea...

“Discuss issues, not post-ers. If you don't like reading people's opinions about lacrosse teams, players, and coaches, ...you've come to the wrong forum.”

—admin
Sure; take refuge for your adolescent posts and sports-talk radio stupidity behind the administrator's caution to someone. I am talking about an issue: why is it necessary to disparage Courtney Murphy in order to prop up North (who, plainly, doesn't need the propping up from a keyboard jockey who speaks in sporty jargon)? It's tasteless, and small.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Two more unsung heroes on this beyond reproach national champion Boston College Eagles team are the Weeks sisters—Cassidy and Courtney. They both work and work and work! They were both part of the reason why this team won it all.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:05 pm Two more unsung heroes on this beyond reproach national champion Boston College Eagles team are the Weeks sisters—Cassidy and Courtney. They both work and work and work! They were both part of the reason why this team won it all.
I totally agree. They are true two way midfielders and rarely caught a break. I'm puuuumped to see them improve over the off season and aid in another natty champ run for the eagles
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Nuff said
Don’t forget, sea...

“Discuss issues, not post-ers. If you don't like reading people's opinions about lacrosse teams, players, and coaches, ...you've come to the wrong forum.”

—admin
Sure; take refuge for your adolescent posts and sports-talk radio stupidity behind the administrator's caution to someone. I am talking about an issue: why is it necessary to disparage Courtney Murphy in order to prop up North (who, plainly, doesn't need the propping up from a keyboard jockey who speaks in sporty jargon)? It's tasteless, and small.
Hey sea, no kiddin--I couldn't give two craps for your scolding lectures about my opinions. Scouts honor. As soon as I sense your pseudo judicial, self-righteous, schoolmarm, finger-wagging tone, I bounce. Don't waste your keystrokes on me. I no longer read your withering hypocritical condemnations. They bore me to tears. I am a liberated man protected by the 1st Amendment Right of the Constitution of the United States of America, and the FanLax charter statement, which is presided over by the admin. So unless you him, you are also on the Pay No Mind list. You pickin up what I'm puttin down?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

glaxer24 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:37 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:57 am I have a good question...Does anyone know Charlotte North's background(athletic)? She's from Dallas, Texas(Football 24/7), but she plays like she's from Long Island or Maryland. How did THAT happen? Are her parents originally from the East Coast? Did either play Lacrosse?
I'm fascinated that a girl from Dallas can play like that. Taylor Thornton(2010-13) was outstanding for Northwestern. She was from Dallas, Texas, but didn't play like that. Jess Carroll(2012-15) was a solid role player for NU. She was from Houston, Texas but didn't play like that.

So, where did Charlotte North's style of play, skill level and swagger come from? I am absolutely curious.
I’m sure you’ve heard she played basketball and field hockey before lacrosse, what happens often in Texas is that girls pick up lacrosse sticks after they have played multiple sports so they are already naturally athletic and their learning curve is more of stick skills and game IQ than athleticism (which not all laxers are naturally gifted in.) So, you combine a natural athlete with great coaching and a second to none work ethic, and you have North. She has a real passion for the game and stays hungry, both of which are qualities that not all athletes have, plain and simple.

I appreciate your take glaxer24, but something is missing...and I cannot put my hands on it. I knew about Basketball, but not Field Hockey. That still does not explain what I have witnessed from her on the field. Where she is from and how she plays just does not add up. Like I said both Thornton and Carroll are from Texas, but neither played that way and both were really terrific athletes.
I hope to find out who her influences were and how she developed that style which is foreign to places like Texas.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Charlotte North is an original natural talent. She took to lacrosse like a thirsty man takes to water. Like a suffocating man takes to oxygen. She couldn't put her stick down once she got the fever.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Nuff said
Don’t forget, sea...

—admin
Hey sea, no kiddin--I couldn't give two craps for your scolding lectures about my opinions. Scouts honor. As soon as I sense your pseudo judicial, self-righteous, schoolmarm, finger-wagging tone, I bounce. Don't waste your keystrokes on me. I no longer read your withering hypocritical condemnations. They bore me to tears. I am a liberated man protected by the 1st Amendment Right of the Constitution of the United States of America, and the FanLax charter statement, which is presided over by the admin. So unless you him, you are also on the Pay No Mind list. You pickin up what I'm puttin down?
Exactly. You are a functional 12 year old, who passes judgment on athletes who devote their lives and will to a task, for the purpose of diminishing them. You are a small little person -- with, parenthetically, a flawed understanding of the First Amendment.
njbill

Post by njbill »

She learned everything she knows at Duke. :lol:
Bart

Post by Bart »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 pm She learned everything she knows at Duke. :lol:
Well played
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:40 pm

Nuff said
Don’t forget, sea...

—admin
Exactly. You are a functional 12 year old, who passes judgment on athletes who devote their lives and will to a task, for the purpose of diminishing them. You are a small little person -- with, parenthetically, a flawed understanding of the First Amendment.

But other than that, you are a great guy!!! 😂
DMac

Post by DMac »

He the critic with paper and pen,
is oh so pitifully the smallest of men.
No sweat on his brow or blood on his face,
just words to discredit and even disgrace.

While players might stumble
with their ball and their stick,
the words of the critic,
thought so clever and slick,
just takes a keyboard and
no balls at all.

Author unknown...well, maybe he is.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm He the critic with paper and pen,

the words of the critic,
no balls at all.

Very nice, hickorystick
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Another piece of the puzzle for the Eagles this year was Melanie Welch. A redshirt junior defender, she helped anchor the excellent BC defense.

Great story of how she walked-on and got chosen for Welles Crowther/Red Bandana Day.

https://usalaxmagazine.com/college/wome ... ears-no-19

Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm He the critic with paper and pen,

the words of the critic,
no balls at all.

Out on parole...... Nice sentiment
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

njbill wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:59 pm She learned everything she knows at Duke. :lol:
NJ is en fuego
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lots of great pictures taken from the tournament. Even though they still had to beat Syracuse, this was the big one--knocking off #1 in the semi's. And for the 2nd time in a row, no less. Bookends at the end of the 27 game unbeaten streak.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:40 pm Sure; take refuge for your adolescent posts and sports-talk radio stupidity... It's tasteless, and small.
Hey sea, no kiddin--I couldn't give two... You pickin up what I'm puttin down?
Cletus, seacoaster, discuss issues, posts, not each other, not post-ers.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

admin wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:40 pm Sure; take refuge for your adolescent posts and sports-talk radio stupidity... It's tasteless, and small.
Hey sea, no kiddin--I couldn't give two... You pickin up what I'm puttin down?
Cletus, seacoaster, discuss issues, posts, not each other, not post-ers.
Glad to.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

North’s post Tewwy interview with Packer and Durham Monday yielded little. Mark Packer was brutal as an interviewer. Most of his awkward questions prompted answers right out of the cliches list Crash gave Nuke in Bull Durham. He kept trying to get her to talk about herself and her game and she just wouldn’t bite. Too bad Packer thinks too much of his ability to put words together and wing it on the fly instead of what questions would produce interesting answers. Questions about individual accomplishments are easily brushed aside into the general TEAM dustbin. He actually asked North how she found out she had won the Tewaaraton. "Alright, so you get the Tewaaraton award, ah, walk us through this one real quick, how did you find out that you had won the ultimate individual award in women's lacrosse?"

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”