2021 Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxkid82

Re: 2021 Tournament

Post by laxkid82 »

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 am See NYT story yesterday, addressing the obvious. You do not catch COVID outside. You just don’t. There has not been a case of casual outdoor transmission (which would be parents on sidelines) in the entire world. Literally! There has not been a single case of transmission while playing an outdoor sport in the entire world. Literally! All of the fear mongering people really need to take a look at themselves at this point and ask just What the heck they are about. They aren’t trying to keep anyone safe. They aren’t trying to stop spread (you cannot catch COVID watching a lax game!!!!!). And that Loyola player? It was a false positive. You want to stop that, you need to stop testing. Stadiums are full of people. There are no outbreaks, there are no “super spreaders” from any of these. Why? Say it again. You don’t catch COVID, or any respiratory viral illness, outside standing next to someone.
Damn Straight!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Pcowlax for President!
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Have my tickets to the dance!
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE JUMBO's.

PS- Williams is a VERY good squad
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 am There has not been a case of casual outdoor transmission (which would be parents on sidelines) in the entire world.
I seriously doubt that is provable.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

thescottharris wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:13 pm
pcowlax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 am There has not been a case of casual outdoor transmission (which would be parents on sidelines) in the entire world.
Nor unprovable, you're serve monsieur ...
ergit

Post by ergit »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:48 pm
thescottharris wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:13 pm
Nor unprovable, you're serve monsieur ...
A NESCAC education, no doubt...
wscl44

Post by wscl44 »

Last edited by wscl44 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Any thoughts on potential first round upsets or surprises?
bighoss74

Post by bighoss74 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am Any thoughts on potential first round upsets or surprises?
Endicott over CNU or Catholic over Stevens are my sleeper picks
ah23

Post by ah23 »

wscl44 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:07 am Not that the NYT isn't a fortress of journalism 😅, but weren't they the outlet that did the story of the entire Italian village getting COVID because they went to a soccer game? I feel like that's when all the sporting events got locked up / shut down... maybe it was just early hysteria
40,000 people standing shoulder to shoulder shouting/chanting for two hours is going to be a transmission problem even if it is outside - it fails all the tests for safety. What people are saying is safe are outdoor interactions that are limited in density and duration - aka a hypothetical D-III lacrosse game where spectators could be spaced out and not in contact with others unless they're walking past their seat or something. If you're not close to people and there is good airflow (you're outside so this is a given), the risk is extremely low. This is all made even more bulletproof by vaccinations. Hopefully this doesn't need saying, but: get vaccinated, and encourage (tell) others to get vaccinated!
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 am Any thoughts on potential first round upsets or surprises?
Is a 5 goal or less loss considered an upset/surprise?

If so then there are a few teams on the board that just may be able to do that
ergit

Post by ergit »

ah23 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 am
wscl44 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:07 am Not that the NYT isn't a fortress of journalism 😅, but weren't they the outlet that did the story of the entire Italian village getting COVID because they went to a soccer game? I feel like that's when all the sporting events got locked up / shut down... maybe it was just early hysteria
40,000 people standing shoulder to shoulder shouting/chanting for two hours is going to be a transmission problem even if it is outside - it fails all the tests for safety. What people are saying is safe are outdoor interactions that are limited in density and duration - aka a hypothetical D-III lacrosse game where spectators could be spaced out and not in contact with others unless they're walking past their seat or something. If you're not close to people and there is good airflow (you're outside so this is a given), the risk is extremely low. This is all made even more bulletproof by vaccinations. Hopefully this doesn't need saying, but: get vaccinated, and encourage (tell) others to get vaccinated!
100% agree.
Laxisback

Post by Laxisback »

bighoss74 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am
Endicott over CNU or Catholic over Stevens are my sleeper picks
Rumor has it Endicott had to pull out of tournament because of Covid positive test
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

One thing I don’t think has been brought up yet is the allowed roster size for each team in this year. I think it’s 32 ... which includes a non athlete “health officer” so potentially 31 dressed players? Anyone have an accurate read on this issue. Always has created an uproar and just horrible for the teammates that have to sit in the stands. How is this issue going to be handled this year? Will the non suited players even be allowed in the stands as has been the norm?

With rosters over blown with 5th years etc ... lots of kids (more so than usual) will not experience the playoff atmosphere first hand. Just a shame.
Goldenboy

Post by Goldenboy »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:05 pm One thing I don’t think has been brought up yet is the allowed roster size for each team in this year. I think it’s 32 ... which includes a non athlete “health officer” so potentially 31 dressed players? Anyone have an accurate read on this issue. Always has created an uproar and just horrible for the teammates that have to sit in the stands. How is this issue going to be handled this year? Will the non suited players even be allowed in the stands as has been the norm?

With rosters over blown with 5th years etc ... lots of kids (more so than usual) will not experience the playoff atmosphere first hand. Just a shame.
32 dressed players
5 Coaches/Health Officer
5 non-dressed players

42 in total on the sideline
Laxisback

Post by Laxisback »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:05 pm One thing I don’t think has been brought up yet is the allowed roster size for each team in this year. I think it’s 32 ... which includes a non athlete “health officer” so potentially 31 dressed players? Anyone have an accurate read on this issue. Always has created an uproar and just horrible for the teammates that have to sit in the stands. How is this issue going to be handled this year? Will the non suited players even be allowed in the stands as has been the norm?

So the actual number is 32 dressed players, and 10 other people can be on the sidelines for a total of 42. The 10 can be a mix of coaches, covid medical, trainers and non dressed players.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Goldenboy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:11 pm

32 dressed players
5 Coaches/Health Officer
5 non-dressed players

42 in total on the sideline
And the number allowed typically is/was 35? So that isn’t greatly different but what is different, is the roster sizes for many schools is much larger this year. So more players, relatively speaking, won’t get to dress. Will they be allowed to travel (at the schools expense as always) and sit in the stands? Not a given given the restrictions on spectators in general.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

SJF - Unofficially hearing that each team gets 100 tix for their fans. Any non-dressing player in the stands, if they travel, will eat into that number. Whatever's left over will be made available to player's families, but two per player only.

The 32 dressed, plus 5 in sweats on sideline is correct.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Players who are not in travel party can’t travel with team.
It’s a shame really.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”