New England West 2021

HS Boys Lacrosse
ctbagataway

Re: New England West 2021

Post by ctbagataway »

Btw, huge shout out to the Salisbury student announcers. They had me laughing the entire time, but especially at the end of the game and in OT. They asked a nearby dad about the rules of OT and had such excitement when they learned it was sudden death. And then they went on to discuss if there might be more overtime’s or maybe a shootout. Very entertaining. Thanks!
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

https://events.locallive.tv/events/52867

Apparently the livestream launches at 3 PM Eastern

Taft at 'wick.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

3-1 Brunswick after Taft calls timeout before the half of the first quarter. Taft defense looks lost, leaving a couple wide open guys on the crease.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

5-2 after 1Q. Brunswick’s Mackasy has had some nice goals and been dictating pace of play. Kavanagh has beaten his man every dodge and Brunswick has been quick to slide every time with a shorty. Taft hasn’t really been able to do anything with the mismatch though, but it is something to watch.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Silly little pet peeve. The livelocal feeds have much better camera work, but the pro announcer with the game 7 of the NBA championship final vibe kind of bugs me a little. I prefer students having fun on the mic. Adds more color.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

grelch wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:11 pm Silly little pet peeve. The livelocal feeds have much better camera work, but the pro announcer with the game 7 of the NBA championship final vibe kind of bugs me a little. I prefer students having fun on the mic. Adds more color.
Agreed. This guy is trying to take over for Joe Buck with some feigned enthusiasm. He’s certainly good, but a little too polished for a high school lacrosse game. Students have a little more personality and connection to the players/game.

6-3 at the half. There was a five minute stretch with unforced turnover after unforced turnover with both teams playing a game of ping pong with the ball. Brunswick D has played very well thus far. They have swarmed inside passes and limited Taft to 3 funky/ unsettled goals. Brunswick was winning most of the face offs initially but Taft put a new guy in who won all 3 in the quarter. Lots of lacrosse left.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Maybe Taft are having an off day but Brunswick look a notch or two better across the board. Still a quarter and a bit to go though. That could certainly change.

And I'm now on mute. The Brunswick goalie making "A DIVING SAVE!!!" bellow pushed beyond my tolerance level for this dude.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

10-5. Was 10-4 until a goal in the last 10 seconds. Dominating performance in the third quarter with Wick defense continuing to stifle anything Taft tries to throw at them. One of the delgados went on a one man clear trucking two players in the process which is sort of emblematic of the game thus far. Taft hasn’t played a team with talent at every position and it is showing today.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

My 2 minute quarter break thought:

'wick is just playing harder. You can't miss this. Taft has sort of idled through what few goals they scored, and lost possession usually because they loafed through their offense.

'wick REALLY wants to win this game. Taft expects to. Thus the huge current goal margin for wick.
grelch

Post by grelch »

In the first half it seemed like Taft were trying to force the ball to Kavanagh, and he was trying to force the shot. They turned the ball over a bunch as a result. They've been mixing it up much better in the 4th.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

Taft had an opportunity to make it close after scoring to make it 11-7 with penalty on the field. On the man up face off, Taft jumped early so Wick was able to run it out before scoring 12-7.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

14-7 final.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Dawgie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:13 pm14-7 final.
Not a completely surprising result because Wick can obviously beat any high school team in the country but I am shocked by the margin. Taft is just loaded with future college stars, even if they aren’t playing well together (and crushing everyone at Geico argues against that), it is very surprising to see a team with such talent get doubled up by anyone.
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

Taft hasn't beaten Wick in over a decade. Their defense is meh city. Kids who get into both Wick and Taft don't kick it in Watertown. It is what it is. Wick is having a dreadful season relative to their ability, but Taft isn't in the same league.
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

Brunswick is going to be infinitely better over the next 2 seasons. Their pipeline is legit scary loaded.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

To be fair to Taft, this was their first real test, and Brunswick has run a gauntlet of a season so far. Close wins (and losses) make a team better. I’m sure Taft will rebound, and they have a chance to redeem themselves against DA in their last game.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Salisbury v Deerfield on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IijJ_LJurmU

3rd game I've seen of Deerfield's. Their goalie is damned good. Shutting out Salisbury early. Deerfield up 2-0 with 3 left in the 1st.
TotoketLax

Post by TotoketLax »

The Salisbury student commentators are awesome. In this game vs Deerfield, they comment something like ... “this isn’t boys lacrosse, it’s men’s lacrosse. These boys are built like trucks, but they move like race cars.” They are very entertaining.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Yeah, I like when students call the game. Even if they don't know the rules which these guys don't. Very entertaining.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Brunswick @ Malvern tomorrow. Heavyweight battle.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”