Tampa vs lynn

D2 Mens Lacrosse
laxfan4all

Tampa vs lynn

Post by laxfan4all »

Is it me. Or are the ssc officials the worst youve ever seen. I really think they have no idea what the rules of lacrosse are. Both ways btw
laxfan4all

Re: Tampa vs lynn

Post by laxfan4all »

I have been watching official #99 for many years. Has no idea what he’s doing. They have to have more to choose from in florida.
BlaxLaxDad

Post by BlaxLaxDad »

Lynn has some big bodies but seem to be short in the skill department.

Ground balls and turnovers is killing them...

Cut the turnovers in half and pick up a few ground balls and they might have won this game...

As it turns out Looks like Tampa is going to get out with a close win.

But I think they lock up their spot in the tourney..

Next week Tampa vs BA In Hickory... that's my bet.
laxfan4all

Post by laxfan4all »

Aside from the officiating. Lynn is a very competitive team across the board. Give them a full out of conference schedule and I think they would easily be a top ten team. Tampa has a ton of talent , think the conference only hurts them. Feel the SSC hurts all these teams. No reason for it, shame on them
Cricket410

Post by Cricket410 »

Officials are awful. Know nothing about the game. Lynn’s offense is a force when they are rolling. Tampa needs to come out stronger if they wanna make a run. But agreed Lynn would be a top ten team with a normal schedule.
BlaxLaxDad

Post by BlaxLaxDad »

Honestly, Lynn would be middle of the pack in both the SAC and CC...

Based on what they showed today I don't see them playing either LR or Wingate close...

they might give BA, MO, and Limestone a run for their money but I think they lose regularly against those teams..

Like I said middle of the pack...

Nothing against them just looking at what they put on film.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

BlaxLaxDad wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:58 pm Honestly, Lynn would be middle of the pack in both the SAC and CC...

Based on what they showed today I don't see them playing either LR or Wingate close...

they might give BA, MO, and Limestone a run for their money but I think they lose regularly against those teams..

Like I said middle of the pack...

Nothing against them just looking at what they put on film.
In the CC There is 1A/1B (Abbey/MO) since Stone left for the SAC and then there is 3 aka NGU and then everyone else.

Lynn has never lost to NGU so instead of being in the middle of the pack, they would probably be 1C in CC, as they are .500 lifetime against both Abbey

and MO

SAC...well that could be another story
NY716

Post by NY716 »

Lynn would be right with NGU if in CC. While your correct, NGU has never beaten Lynn, 0-4, all games were close other than NGU’s first season as a program. Since then they lost 2 out of 3 in OT, and the other was a close game. All games in Florida. So to be fair they are very evenly matched. Plus NGU made some strides this season. And I’ll throw Barton in there also. Have gotten dramatically better. After that, I agree, there’s a big drop off.
BlaxLaxDad

Post by BlaxLaxDad »

I could live with that...

I do see Lynn and NGU being very similar teams; I have watched more NGU games and only the two Lynn games against Tampa but they are both big body teams but with less skilled athletes players than some of their peers. That was the difference both times against Tampa.

In the CC talent wise BA is the best team but they are a basket case this year... Same team from last year that was #4 in D2 when the season ended with a 6th ranked scoring defense. Something has gone wrong with the culture of that team. We will see who they REALLY are if they make the tournament.

MO has talent but no depth. BA could have made this selection thing moot at home by simply taking care of business. but that night MO a was a team possessed and showcased some exceptional talent; they just don't have enough in the long run. The loss against NGU really is inexplicable given where it came in their season. Kinda like Limestone losing to Newberry or BA losing to Catawba... You kinda shake your head...

The last team I'd mention in CC is Barton... THEN everyone else.

I would put Lynn at 2C in CC but okay; given the schizophrenic nature of BA and the lack of depth at MO ..... 1C is not out of the question.

Right now there is no question that LR and Wingate are top of class in the south...

LR has been poking around for a few years coming close to a breakthrough; and this may be their year. I like their head coach and I think he finally has the depth on both sides of the ball to make it t to Memorial Day...

Wingate scrimmaged BA in the early preseason and I understand got handled... But obviously that was NOT a predictive of how they would play in season.. They are a close second to LR...

Limestone... Well let's just say we should expect them to be back to normal next year or the next unless for some reason their pipeline of players drys up.... Which Is unlikely. this year they were simply a young team.

Kinda like the year BA beat them twice to win CC... Of course they were missing a bunch of key players some of whom are playing at a high level in D1 this year... Think Tyler Papas at Michigan.

In 2019 I watched BA and Limestone play to epic games that were back and forth affairs. As good as BA was that year; Limestone was simply better. They'll be back!

Then you got Queens.... A team that competes but never seems to be quite "good enough".

Then there is everyone else... I haven't seen Newberry play so I won't comment. I may watch the Limestone game just to get a feel. but this is where I think Lynn would fall in the SAC.
Last edited by BlaxLaxDad on Sun May 09, 2021 7:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
BlaxLaxDad

Post by BlaxLaxDad »

BlaxLaxDad wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:25 am I could live with that...

I do see Lynn and NGU being very similar teams; I have watched more NGU games and only the two Lynn games against Tampa but they are both big body teams but with less skilled athletes players than some of their peers. That is as the difference both times against Tampa.

In the CC talent wise BA is the best team but they are a basket case this year... Same team from last year that was #4 in D2 when the season ended with a 6th ranked scoring defense. Something has gone wrong with the culture of that team. We will see who they REALLY are if they make the tournament.

MO has talent but no depth. BA could have made this selection thing moot at home by simply taking care of business. but that night MO a was a team possessed and showcased some exceptional talent; they just don't have enough in the long run. The loss against NGU really is inexplicable given where it came in their season. Kinda like Limestone losing to Newberry or BA losing to Catawba... You kinda shake your head...

The last team I'd mention in CC is Barton... THEN everyone else.

I would put Lynn at 2C in CC but okay; given the schizophrenic nature of BA and the lack of depth at MO ..... 1C is not out of the question.

Right now there is no question that LR and Wingate are top of class in the south...

LR has been poking around for a few years now coming close to a breakthrough; and this may be their year. I like their head coach and I think he finally has the depth in both sides of the ball to make it t to Memorial Day...

Wingate scrimmaged BA in the early press on and got handled... But obviously that was NOT a predictive of how they would play in season.. They are a close second to LR...

Limestone... Well let's just say we should expect them to be back to normal in next year or the next unless for some reason their pipeline of players drys up.... Which Is unlikely. this year they were simply a young team.

Kinda like the year BA beat them twice to win CC... Of course they were missing a bunch of key players some of whom are playing at a high level in D1 this year... Think Tyler Papas at Michigan.

In 2019 I watched BA and Limestone play to epic games that were back and forth affairs. As good as BA was that year; Limestone was simply better. They'll be back!

Then you got Queens.... A team that competes but never seems to be quite "good players enough".

Then there is everyone else... I haven't seen Newberry since play so I won't comment. I may watch the Limestone game just to get a feel. but this is where I think Lynn would fall in the SAC.
Yep!
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

NY716 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:06 am Lynn would be right with NGU if in CC. While your correct, NGU has never beaten Lynn, 0-4, all games were close other than NGU’s first season as a program. Since then they lost 2 out of 3 in OT, and the other was a close game. All games in Florida. So to be fair they are very evenly matched. Plus NGU made some strides this season. And I’ll throw Barton in there also. Have gotten dramatically better. After that, I agree, there’s a big drop off.

I dont want to turn this into a CC thread, but you are right that Barton has come a long way in 3 years (beat Montevallo before Covid last year). But lets not get a head of ourselves and put them on par with NGU, quite yet. They have made some strides (not just competing with the bottom half of CC, they are beating them) and seem to be the #4 team in CC, which is a credit to them and coach Shumate

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”