York 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ShoreThingMD

Re: York 2021

Post by ShoreThingMD »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:17 pm Tough loss to Stevenson after coming into the second half up 4-1.

All credit to Stevenson. Their defense gave York fits, cutting off passing lanes and sliding early.

Hopefully there is enough tape that Coach Childs can get the game plan set for the Conference tourney. Both teams have games tomorrow.
I suspect a shake up in the pools after that game. Both teams at times looked really sloppy. As good as Stevenson’s defense was playing man-to-man, they really struggled clearing the ball (17-25). Stevenson’s goalie was a difference maker, recording 13 saves. While the mustang defense was steady, York’s offense really struggled with 5 goals on 43 shots. O’Sullivan was a bright spot with 4 goals on 11 shots.

Fortunately for York, they have a quality win vs. Stevens and most likely another shot at Stevenson in the Mac playoffs. I am curious if the body of work for each team is strong enough for both make it in the NCAA tournament.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Always is a poll shift when #4 loses to #12. No crystal ball needed there. York will drop a handful, Stevenson will slide up a few.

Yes, Stevenson’s defense kept the quality of York’s shots very low. Hands rarely got free, and if they did it was from way outside.

Stevenson did drop alot of passes on clears, but often got it right back on a poor quality shot.

There are so many good teams that won’t get the AQ for their respective conference, and so few at large bids. It will probably be more a function of how many upsets take place across all conferences than it will be a function of the body of work of these two teams.

If W&L can steal the ODAC from Lynchburg, I feel LYN would still make it on an at large.
Obviously same for CNU vs Salisbury, Williams vs Tufts etc.
More of these scenarios coming to fruition leaves less opportunity of an at large bid for the loser of York vs Stevenson in the MAC.

Time will tell.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

2021 commitment

JD Townsend
Attack- Burnt Hills (NY)
Albany Power

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9235336/JD-Townsend

Also plays ice hockey.
Son of former RPI head coach and Salisbury lacrosse alum Jim Townsend.
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:21 am 2021 commitment

JD Townsend
Attack- Burnt Hills (NY)
Albany Power

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9235336/JD-Townsend

Also plays ice hockey.
Son of former RPI head coach and Salisbury lacrosse alum Jim Townsend.
Congrats Jim and JD.......and sorry! Lol See ya next year!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

11-0?! Wow...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Congrats to the 2021 Spartans for soaking up 8 of 14 total first team All MAC commonwealth honors.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC Commonwealth championship highlights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsKPRJ65c ... e=youtu.be
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Tough end to another strong year for the Spartans.

Important growth for some of the young players, getting exposed to lots of scenarios and opponents (especially given the circumstances of the year).

Time will tell if any of the players choose to make the most of their additional eligibility. But, having gotten to see the talent down the line between transfers and underclassmen, I’m looking forward to another strong reload.

The York athletic teams as a whole exploded onto the scene for their first year in the MAC, winning 6 spring MAC Championships. Congrats to all of them.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Was fortunate enough to take in the Bergen finals match up between Don Bosco Prep and Northern Highlands last night at Mahwah. Bosco beat up on them, as expected.

Enjoyed seeing solid DIII commits for York, Stevenson, CNU, Dickinson, Scranton and Misericordia.

(Also featured talents headed to Sacred Heart, Hopkins, VMI, Manhattan, Marquette, Navy, Canisius & BU)
jrazz44

Post by jrazz44 »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 am Was fortunate enough to take in the Bergen finals match up between Don Bosco Prep and Northern Highlands last night at Mahwah. Bosco beat up on them, as expected.

Enjoyed seeing solid DIII commits for York, Stevenson, CNU, Dickinson, Scranton and Misericordia.

(Also featured talents headed to Sacred Heart, Hopkins, VMI, Manhattan, Marquette, Navy, Canisius & BU)
Any insight on the gentleman committed to york?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

jrazz44 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 am Any insight on the gentleman committed to york?
He looked big and strong. (More so than the 6’ 180lbs his most recent highlights from August 2020, shortly before his commitment, had him at)

That DBP team he’s on is loaded with talent (#18 Nationally) and he looked big even among them.

Their goalie - Stevenson commit - had a strong showing. A couple of one on one stone walls.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:19 am Was fortunate enough to take in the Bergen finals match up between Don Bosco Prep and Northern Highlands last night at Mahwah. Bosco beat up on them, as expected.

Ahhhh Deep.... Jersey guy? Running against the thread but if you’ll allow me the indulgence. I hope Don Bosco and Seton Hall Prep continue to win out and meet in the Non Public A Championship! That should be a great game! SHP has a Carolina, 2 Bucknell, Colgate, Richmond, Dartmouth, Providence, Jacksonville, Gettysburg and Catholic commits. Jersey high school lacrosse is quality. Fun to watch!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:22 pm Ahhhh Deep.... Jersey guy? Running against the thread but if you’ll allow me the indulgence. I hope Don Bosco and Seton Hall Prep continue to win out and meet in the Non Public A Championship! That should be a great game! SHP has a Carolina, 2 Bucknell, Colgate, Richmond, Dartmouth, Providence, Jacksonville, Gettysburg and Catholic commits. Jersey high school lacrosse is quality. Fun to watch!
Close enough to check out some Jersey action when I feel it would be worth it.

Indeed SHP / DBP would be a good one. Lots of talent out of Jersey. Definitely strong programs there.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Returning 4 of the 9 AAs (before any of the potential added eligibility applied), bodes well for 2022.

I look forward to seeing this squad playing their typical strong schedule.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”