TOPTM?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: TOPTM?

Post by DMac »

14-8 JMU, final. JMU turned up the intensity on D, made things pretty tough for VT. Can't be not scoring on those FPSs though, gotta have 'em.
Gotta love the GK, for VT, if she can't find someone open on the clear, she'll bring it down herself. Threw about an 80+ yd clearing pass right on the money too.
Coach Sung looks a whole lot more like a coach should look (IMO) these days. Must've dropped 70 lbs.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I think VT was a bit overrated and JMU just closed the door. We will see where these two fallout soon. JMU doesnt have a challenge until PSU on 3/6 and VT has Colorado 2/20 and Duke a week later.

I dont see either team losing those, so, it will come down to the poll voters. I would put JMU in the top 10 with Tech outside looking in. My feeling on Tech is that they will be top 20 for the season, but will not rise above their current rank...and this is from a Hokie....
fanofall

Post by fanofall »

Dr. Tact, some snarky comments (on your poll) would be helpful .

UF vs. the team from PG County : espn.com at 1900 hrs on 2/14/19
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:26 pm My top 10:
BC
UNC
MD
SB
NW
FLA
Loy
Princeton
We are PS
JMU
fanofall wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm Dr. Tact, some snarky comments (on your poll) would be helpful .
Not snarky....

BC - Kent, Arsenault, Apuzzo....and those are just 3 names I can remember...this team could have a bad day, but they are talented. We will see how they handle the 'Cuse. Big victory will validate ranking.

UNC - They looked really good in crushing JMU. Super Sophs (I think they were Highest rated class in 2017) Moreno, Ortega, Rose-Growney, Mastrioanni, McDaniels, etc....I could see UNC winning it all. If they get by MD, the late March game with BC might be a final preview.

MD - I know they are a great team...they are MD....Could be #1, 2, or 3....We will see after the FLA game today....Would love to have them beat FLA setting up a big game with UNC.

SB - Easiest schedule of the top 4 maybe of the top 10... Big losses with Kylie and Murphy. I think Taryn will miss her sister. I don't see this team going up unless the top 3 take each other down.

NW - This is a weird choice for me. I am not sold on NW, but all the polls have them pretty high. So, I caved to the polls. Will see when they play Duke, Cuse, UNC and BC in 3 weeks! Might go 2-2...

FLA - MD and then Loyola....I am guessing 0-2. Not convinced about the Gators, I know the mainstream polls have them as high as #4...just don't see it. I could be wrong, it happens :D

Loyola - Tough schedule, no warm up games. Loyola overlooked Hop last year, will it happen again? Also they have revenge on their minds from last years loss in OT to FLA. Then Cuse, PSU, Towson, UVA, Georgetown in the first 8 games....6-2 would be a good record, 4-4 could be OK, 2-6 would bury this team

Princeton - While Cuse has its Godfather, the Tigers have the Godmother (sorry C. Timschal). I have them above Penn winning the Ivy. Will be a top 15 team all year...

PSU - Like Towson, for me this team is always dangerous. I could see them surprising people. Princeton, Loyola and JMU will be a tough week at the end of Feb./Mar. Sets them up for BIG play.

JMU - Cinderella....so they got their first win against VT yesterday...Good, now they have to win 21 straight games to match last year :twisted: . Not only will everyone want their pound of Dukes' flesh, but I think they overachieved last year....we will see...as mentioned above, I could be wrong.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

fanofall wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm Dr. Tact, some snarky comments (on your poll) would be helpful .

To stream this game, you need the SEC Network, whatever that is.
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 pm

To stream this game, you need the SEC Network, whatever that is.
Just went to the espn schedule and clicked on this, sc. Am gettin' it (don't have SEC), Md 5-1, 11 min in.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

7-5 Terps at half
Turtles Lax

What up with Gatorzone?

Post by Turtles Lax »

According to Gatorzone (the official UF sports site) it’s 7:02P and the game hasn’t started. :shock:

Keep the updates coming, please.

Peace, out.

TL
Turtles Lax

Apparently now fixed.

Post by Turtles Lax »

Turtles 11-6...26:52 of the second.

Peace, out.

TL
DMac

Post by DMac »

17-12 Terps, final. Was a good game, Gators hung tough, wasn't an easy win for Md.
Looked like two pretty darn good teams to me. Md won a whole lot more more draws than Fla, had a big advantage in possessions. That came to haunt the Gators despite a nice performance from their GK.
Dr. Tact

MD and FLA

Post by Dr. Tact »

Ronbeck...WOW

8 goals? Crazy Good.

What I saw was FLA has 2+ players 14, 44 and 15.....Stop Ronbeck and Pirrecca and there isnt much else....Just my opinion, but if I had a daughter that was playing FLA in the next week or so, that is what I would tell her....
Last edited by Dr. Tact on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

...and #7, Mardiney had to have had 5 (maybe more) assists.
Edit: Nope, not more, she had four.
Ronbeck drives hard and shoots hard.
Man, Fla has 12 girls listed at 5'3' or shorter, five more that are 5'4''.
Equipment manager better be ordering a lot of smalls.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Watching UNC/High Point....I noticed this also with UNC/JMU....UNC plays O very high...way past the 12 meter....Then hit the low cuts or clear out for Ortega to iso 1v1....Very deliberate and pretty offense.

[Edit] 5-5 after one half...That is a total surprise....hangover from JMU?
[edit2] seems like the cutting starts as soon as the ball reaches GLE. Leaves the defense wide with plenty of room. :D
shootingspace

Post by shootingspace »

The High Point goalie kept them in it in the first half. UNC had cutters open all over the place and eventually the quick stick goals started going in. UNC was muck sloppier than against JMU. I like the straight up man D by UNC and simple motion offense. Most of HP goals were forced drives to goal. UNC more aggressive on D -the one ref was getting yellow card crazy .
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cincinnati v VT on ACC Network at 4 o'clock today.
DMac

Post by DMac »

19-8 VT, final. Cincy came out of the gate firing, went up four nothing. VT pretty much took over from there though, dominated in all phases of the game.
Forgot about the Fess triplets for Cincy, remember reading about them. Local girls who went to Christian Brothers Academy here in Cuse....all 15'6" of them.

Same coach, same name, different person. Coach Sung doesn't much resemble the Coach Sung I first saw. Tune in, eat right (even close to right), exercise,....imagine that.
Fast forward two years and the only losing happening within the Tech lacrosse program is around Sung's waistline. The 39-year-old head coach looks nearly as fit as his players following a disciplined regimen of quality workouts and proper dietary habits that has led to a substantial weight loss.
https://hokiesports.com/news/2018/5/9/h ... ehold.aspx
Coaches should be in good shape, it's not as if finding a close gym with pretty much everything you'd need is much of a problem, using it should just be part of their routine. A reasonable discipline with the diet and you're good to go. JMHO.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't tune into the Va-Princeton game if you've got a bit of a hangover, the blue field isn't going to help your headache at all.
5-3 Va, 9 min to go in the 1st half....oops, make that 5-4, Halett scores on a FPS.
14-9 Va, final.
Is Ms. Boyle, the commentator, the sister of the two Boyle, mlaxers?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

She is not the sister of the Boyle boys, I am pretty sure. She is from Londonderry, NH originally. I think her dad flew helos in the Army. Good guy. Nice daughter.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Big win for Hounds in B'more today. Beat a fast Gator team for the first team ever....we will see if the hounds are for real with their trip to the Carrier dome on Wed....then We Are (PSU) on Saturday....
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

If you please, what does TOPTM stand for?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”