Big Ten 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Big Ten 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

All anyone references is SoCon as if the ACC hasn’t played plenty of Big East, PL and AE teams as well.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Nobody knows. What if the ACC only played ACC and UVA, ND and Cuse all had losing records? When I watch the games they seem pretty similar to the BiG games with only UMD looking better than all teams. UMD defense, Shorties and offensive weapons look like the best in every area.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 pm All anyone references is SoCon as if the ACC hasn’t played plenty of Big East, PL and AE teams as well.
Okay but you said Hopkins would be 3rd in the SoCon and said Army and Loyola, etc. Army and Loyola aren’t in the SoCon.

ACC played Big East thrice. It was Denver. Way back on February 5th, 2nd week of the season. Then ND played Marquette and had their worst offensive game of the season against them. Hardly super impressive. Anyhow Marquette is the....5th best team in the Big East.

They played 4 games against the Patriot League and went 3-1 including Army obliterating Syracuse. One of the games was against Holy Cross, who has the.......7th best record in the Patriot League.

And then there were two games against the America East. Vermont and Stony Brook. Decent teams. Solid wins by Cuse.

So that’s 9 games against Big East/PL/AE and 2 of them were against bad teams. Then there was Army’s loss to Cuse.

How many games did ACC teams play vs SoCon teams? 15! 15 vs one conference compared to 9 combined against the the 3 you mentioned! Carolina played High Point twice!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

high point was #15 both times carolina played them and were #19 when both uva and duke.played them.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

They were! However they're now unranked and Ohio State is still ranked
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:17 pm They were! However they're now unranked and Ohio State is still ranked
1 UMD
2 Rutgers
3)UNC
4)Duke
5)Denver
6)Ohio State
7)ND
8)UVA
9)Penn State
10)Georgetown

From what I’ve seen.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:23 pm high point was #15 both times carolina played them and were #19 when both uva and duke.played them.
I’ll cal BS on this too! Equal opportunity. It does no credit to a win in the beginning of a season to later cite what a was ranked at the time. Beating OSU or PSU is not suddenly impressive because they ranked #6 at the time, we now know the early season, data-less ranking was off. Same goes for High Point. They aren’t a bad team but not top 20, a win doesn’t retain retroactive luster because of an opponents ranking at the time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

yeah, it was a joke.

and it looks like rutty has moved up to #2 and tosu and psu are top 10, so it's officially krazy town.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 pm yeah, it was a joke.

and it looks like rutty has moved up to #2 and tosu and psu are top 10, so it's officially krazy town.
Ahh. My bad. Real shame we can’t have an ACC/Big 10 challenge this year like in hoops. As always, passions running highest when data is scantest.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

No matter how well intended or even if defensible... When What is perceived as constructive dialogue by one party is perceived as harsh criticism by the other, it's time to leave the thread. The outlier polls are just a reaction....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 pm All anyone references is SoCon as if the ACC hasn’t played plenty of Big East, PL and AE teams as well.
Okay but you said Hopkins would be 3rd in the SoCon and said Army and Loyola, etc. Army and Loyola aren’t in the SoCon.

ACC played Big East thrice. It was Denver. Way back on February 5th, 2nd week of the season. Then ND played Marquette and had their worst offensive game of the season against them. Hardly super impressive. Anyhow Marquette is the....5th best team in the Big East.

They played 4 games against the Patriot League and went 3-1 including Army obliterating Syracuse. One of the games was against Holy Cross, who has the.......7th best record in the Patriot League.

And then there were two games against the America East. Vermont and Stony Brook. Decent teams. Solid wins by Cuse.

So that’s 9 games against Big East/PL/AE and 2 of them were against bad teams. Then there was Army’s loss to Cuse.

How many games did ACC teams play vs SoCon teams? 15! 15 vs one conference compared to 9 combined against the the 3 you mentioned! Carolina played High Point twice!
After someone said theyd run the SoCon. Read all the thread.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 pm

It’s called weather. I mowed my lawn in Atlanta in March.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nice Long John Silver defense by Michigan !

Still, a goal for Canyon Birch who’s finally getting on
the field,
3 - 3.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Mac O’Keefe gets the record
213 goals.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Mark D and Joe B are the best broadcasters in the game
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

One small victory for the Nits,
maybe this will give them some confidence
going into next year.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Probably gets them the 4th seed in the Big Ten tournament; which means a game vs Hopkins or Michigan in the QF’s which they’d probably be favored in. They also did beat Ohio State in the first meeting so still a decent shot at getting to 4-6 and be the 3 seed. Don’t think they’ll be able to beat Maryland or Rutgers in the SF’s by any means; but setting themselves up to potentially get there
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:43 pm

Ahh. My bad. Real shame we can’t have an ACC/Big 10 challenge this year like in hoops. As always, passions running highest when data is scantest.
How did BigTen do relative to their seeding in the tourney?
AOD

Post by AOD »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:33 pm Nice Long John Silver defense by Michigan !

Still, a goal for Canyon Birch who’s finally getting on
the field,
3 - 3.
Amen to that. Glad to see him get some time against Rutgers last week.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Still wondering how Michigan lets the one guy on Penn State who can beat you pretty much roam free the entire game. On the OT goal, they acted like O'Keefe was just some random dude they didn't need to pay attention to. Oh, let's just let the best college shooter in the game get a time and room shot from 12 yards.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”