What you doing this weekend?

General Chatter
thatsmell

What you doing this weekend?

Post by thatsmell »

Thought I’d use this as a place to share interesting events.

Was thinking of taking the kids to the Madonnari Arts Festival in Bmore this weekend:

http://littleitalymadonnari.com/about-us/
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
youthathletics

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by youthathletics »

Great idea ts, this could be a great thread. Your stop looks awesome....top off the stop with some gelato or cannoli from Vaccaro's

For me...heading out of town with wife for a vacation, first time without kids as empty nesters.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:Great idea ts, this could be a great thread. Your stop looks awesome....top off the stop with some gelato or cannoli from Vaccaro's

For me...heading out of town with wife for a vacation, first time without kids as empty nesters.
Have fun and hopefully the weather is good. All the best.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Don't wanna share where you're going, YA? That's the fun of this thread, right??

i'm heading to Palm Springs California for a business conference for a week...anybody have any recommendations for a good watering hole out there?

Have a tee time already...could be a HOT round...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Lax Fidelis

Post by Lax Fidelis »

As a homebody, I will keep myself occupied on late Saturday afternoon by trying to simultaneously watch the USC Gamecocks host Georgia, the women's final at the US Open and the third round of the BMW golf. No EPL football this weekend :cry: but I've got NFL Red Zone to keep me busy on Opening Day Sunday. Sounds very Brooklyn-ish, yes?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Wilmington Boat Show this afternoon (runs all weekend), then the rest of the weekend I’m going to take advantage of the growing surf from Florence and get some surfing in before the swells turn into chaos.
richard

Post by richard »

The Butternut Valley in Central Leatherstocking N.Y. w/ college buddies. There might be some Porkslap Ale consumed. :D
Cooperstown Brewing and Ommegang Brewery might be on the list too.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thank you TLD!
Diss - Headed to Garden City, South Carolina.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

richard wrote:The Butternut Valley in Central Leatherstocking N.Y. w/ college buddies. There might be some Porkslap Ale consumed. :D
Cooperstown Brewing and Ommegang Brewery might be on the list too.
Don't forget a box of Eagle Bay Donuts (Fives Stars) for the occasion ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote:Thank you TLD!
youth, you sure? Garden City is on LI :shock: 8-)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote:
South of Surfside, North of Murrell’s Inlet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_ ... h_Carolina
~Livy
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote:
tech37 wrote:
South of Surfside, North of Murrell’s Inlet. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_ ... h_Carolina
I'm sure it's nicer than LI youth (I'm gonna hear it from the LI guys on here!)...kidding aside, have a great time :D
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

Watched lots of youth soccer! Now drinking a delicious beer, seeing what you guys are up to!

:D
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Watched youth football ~ our neighborhood 14 year old club has won 2 games in a row and pitched two straight shut outs including a win over arch rival Jimmie Lee Rec Center. Yuge crowd turned out and we all had loads of fun.

Today, am watching the Jints and sitting back eating a very tasty sandwich.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Did a bus trip to 3 wineries on Long Island’s north fork... meh... not for me. Wife enjoyed it though. Golf got rained out this morning... not a happy camper.

>insert grumpy old man with the cane smilie<
richard

Post by richard »

Golf buddies are coming North for next weekend. We will be playing the golf club at Newport NY. A real hidden gem and in the middle of nowhere. Geoffrey Cornish design and lots of fun. We'll also take a tour of the F. X. Matt brewery with samples. Then visit the Woodlands brew pub with samples. I sure do wish I was retired. You only go around once and nobody said it was going to be pretty! :lol:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Couple weekends ago I made the short trip to Jamestown, NY (home of Lucy) on beautiful Chautauqua Lake to the recently opened National Comedy Center. It occupies a new building that connects to the Art Deco Erie RR station.

Awesome facility of humor with many interactive stations of mirth. Starts with a sit down in a stand up theater with a life sized hologram of Jim Gaffigan explaining stand up which was hilarious. Great exhibits include the Puffy Shirt, Rodney Dangerfields black bag of notes and notes from other comedians. There is a Blue Room in the basement for a history of blue humor. You are greeted with Carlin’s unmentionable words and a great history of Lenny Bruce’s struggles. You can create your own comic, do stand up karaoke and much more. I must have spent 3 and a half hours there. A must see.

https://comedycenter.org/
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I believe there's a Garden City in British Columbia as well.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

tech37 wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
tech37 wrote:
I'm sure it's nicer than LI youth (I'm gonna hear it from the LI guys on here!)...kidding aside, have a great time :D
I know there's a Garden City in Kansas and one in Georgia. Add S.C. to the list. Not sure if there are any more in the United States although I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more. The name has a nice ring to it.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Heading to Ditch Plains, Montauk. The storm should push some big waves. Surfing should be great.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”