NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxxer27

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by laxxer27 »

Its also good to note that once NESCAC starts conference play i'm fairly certain all the OOC games will not be made up or played. Thats why Trinity was front loading their schedule.
quickkey12

Post by quickkey12 »

Hearing whispers out of New London several of the juniors on the team have recently accepted Investment Banking internships.

Big question for the Camels this spring will be whether or not they make it onto the leveraged finance team on placement day.

Scrappy kid out of CT Palumbo couldn't get over the pre mature passing of one of the generations biggest artistic icons, JuiceWRLD. He took the high road, channeled his energy into learning how to run DCF's and comparable cash flows analyses.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

At this point I feel as though Bates won’t be able to compete, outbreak puts them out so long it’ll be May by the time they get back to it
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Dave

Post by Dave »

...hearing Bates and Trinity still shut down due to Covid....William and Conn might be playing on Sat....not sure how that works for the East-West thing they are trying to do - but not sure I care...be good to see teams get a chance to play if they can...
Shock the World

Post by Shock the World »

Does anybody know of any big names who are not playing this spring even though their team is playing? I know Wes was rumored to have only seniors and a few underclassmen.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Could someone here with contact info for Ty Xanders (or twitter) ask him to get current scheduled NESCAC games on the IL calendar?
thx
Ddw1

Post by Ddw1 »

Does anyone know what is going on with Tufts? According to their schedule, they are now playing Bates two times instead of Conn. College. Their schedule has them playing Bates away and then home on April 24th and 25th.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

So Tufts will play 6 games against a total of 4 teams.
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Ddw1 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 pm Does anyone know what is going on with Tufts? According to their schedule, they are now playing Bates two times instead of Conn. College. Their schedule has them playing Bates away and then home on April 24th and 25th.
Believe your question should be "What's going on with Bates" rather than what's going on with Tufts.

But we know what's going on with Bates.
SimpleLax

Post by SimpleLax »

Bates is on full campus quarantine so had to cancel games this weekend causing a reshuffle of the NESCAC East schedule to try to ensure each team plays the 3 qualifying games for the NESCAC East title. Only 1 game against each school counts. Conn had to flip its 2nd game with Tufts to play Bates so Tufts is now playing Colby 2x instead of Conn 2x.

Season upon us so predictions;

NESCAC East
1. Tufts - even with some missing talent, Duke Alf not on roster for one, still more than rest of League
2. Colby - they were up and coming 2 years ago, notorious slow starters coming out of Maine hibernation but since its April...
3. Conn - not a high on them as others and uninspired by results so far this year against what on paper is much less talented opponents
4. Bates - lost a lot to graduation and playing games after being sidelined for a couple of weeks will be tough

NESCAC West
1. Trinity - they are on the rise and have the roster numbers to run the depleted competition into the ground
2. Williams - graduated significant talent but even with small roster still have best returning goalie and real good attack unit
3. Hamilton - appears most of offensive scoring from last year is taking year off but still have good numbers
4. Wesleyan- not sure how you stay in games with only 20 players, even coaches son who transferred from Loyola is not playing. Jacoby is great but creating in his own shot he is average and not a feeder so think they will struggle to score and falter late in games
Ddw1

Post by Ddw1 »

So then Tufts is playing both Bates and Colby twice. Assuming that there are no further COVID issues arise.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Bates isn’t playing anyone at this point, I will unfortunately believe most of these NESCAC games when I see them.
Unknown Participant

pcowlax wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:35 pm Bates isn’t playing anyone at this point, I will unfortunately believe most of these NESCAC games when I see them.
21-10 Tufts over Colby somewhere in the 3rd.
smoova

Post by smoova »

In a game that doesn't count toward NESCAC standings, Williams scores on its first ~6 possessions and cruises to a 14-9 win over Conn College. From my rough count, Williams had only 7 offensive players and ran a number of kids at SSDM who are rostered as poles. Hasse and Goodbar notable absences on the offensive end.
Unknown Participant

smoova wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:43 pm In a game that doesn't count toward NESCAC standings, Williams scores on its first ~6 possessions and cruises to a 14-9 win over Conn College. From my rough count, Williams had only 7 offensive players and ran a number of kids at SSDM who are rostered as poles. Hasse and Goodbar notable absences on the offensive end.
I should know this, but do only 3 of the 4 games count towards the standings such that the one of the games against the same opponent is disregarded?
SimpleLax

Post by SimpleLax »

Correct, only first game against opponent count in the standings to qualify for NESCAC championship and any cross divisional games, Williams vs Conn, do not count either. Conn vs Williams was a fill in since Bates and Trinity are quarantined currently. Based on the setup, outside of some crazy tiebreaker scenario, with losses yesterday Colby and Hamilton are essentially out of the running to qualify for NESCAC championship.
baltlaxdad1966

Post by baltlaxdad1966 »

quickkey12 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:01 am Hearing whispers out of New London several of the juniors on the team have recently accepted Investment Banking internships.

Big question for the Camels this spring will be whether or not they make it onto the leveraged finance team on placement day.

Scrappy kid out of CT Palumbo couldn't get over the pre mature passing of one of the generations biggest artistic icons, JuiceWRLD. He took the high road, channeled his energy into learning how to run DCF's and comparable cash flows analyses.
This would be remarkable if true especially given the academic reputation of Conn College vs their NESCAC peers. Great to see the camels breaking through into some competitive jobs even if they're with companies like Guggenheim or Deutsche
Shock the World

Post by Shock the World »

Weekend Predictions:

Saturday:
Tufts v Conn: 25-10 Tufts. I don't see this game being any different than Tufts v Colby. Tufts is in a different league this year with their whole team on the roster on campus.
Trinity v Wesleyan: 12-10 Wes. Although Wes is missing many players, Trinity has yet to prove they can hang with the best of them. I think Wes's defense comes through to secure this W.
Williams v Hamilton: 13-7 Williams. While the Ephs are also missing many players, they are still a step ahead of Hamilton.

Sunday:
Colby v Bates: 14-11 Bates. It is tough to judge this game, both teams have not had any close games.
Trinity v Williams: 10-9 Williams. This weekend will be a big test to determine who the top team is in the NESCAC east. Both teams will be playing back to back but Williams has an easier game Saturday.
nehslaxfan

Post by nehslaxfan »

Shock the World wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:00 pm Weekend Predictions:

Saturday:
Tufts v Conn: 25-10 Tufts. I don't see this game being any different than Tufts v Colby. Tufts is in a different league this year with their whole team on the roster on campus.
Trinity v Wesleyan: 12-10 Wes. Although Wes is missing many players, Trinity has yet to prove they can hang with the best of them. I think Wes's defense comes through to secure this W.
Williams v Hamilton: 13-7 Williams. While the Ephs are also missing many players, they are still a step ahead of Hamilton.

Sunday:
Colby v Bates: 14-11 Bates. It is tough to judge this game, both teams have not had any close games.
Trinity v Williams: 10-9 Williams. This weekend will be a big test to determine who the top team is in the NESCAC east. Both teams will be playing back to back but Williams has an easier game Saturday.
Williams and trinity don't play on Sunday. They don't play the last weekend of regular season. Williams doesn't show any game this Sunday and Trinity schedule has them playing Tufts this Sunday. Not sure that Wesleyan with their limited roster has the firepower to beat Trinity who is up and coming.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”