All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

holmes435

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:54 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:40 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:25 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:39 pm Also Trump wasn't hesitant to get the shot...
why would he be? he invented the vaccines.
Wonder how many lives he might save if he encouraged his supporters to get vaccinated...
yes. that's the narrative, anyway.
What narrative? I'm not talking about narrative, but leadership. Tens of millions of Americans are very strong supporters of Trump and are heavily invested in what Trump does and says. They literally wrap themselves in his flag and logo. They follow his advice and how he acts and behaves. Half of them say they won't get vaccinated.

We had lack of Executive leadership in terms of messaging during the Trump administration regarding this virus. There are a lot of people who have died and will continue to die because of Trump's lack of leadership. It's been pretty obvious from the get-go he doesn't care about his supporters, and it's been sad seeing them getting taken for a ride.

If you think it's just a narrative, feel free to stay unvaccinated as well, it's your right.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Masks are pointless.... https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... -epidemic/

A guy said it on Twitter!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 pm Tens of millions of Americans are very strong supporters of Trump and are heavily invested in what Trump does and says. They literally wrap themselves in his flag and logo. They follow his advice and how he acts and behaves. Half of them say they won't get vaccinated.
This is exactly right. T**** won’t urge his supporters to get vaccinated, however, because to do so would in his warped mind be a concession of weakness.

He doesn’t want to help the country get back on its feet. He doesn’t want to potentially save the lives and health of his supporters. He thinks that if he were to do so, he would be doing Biden’s bidding, helping Biden get the country back on track.

T**** is like the pretty boy on the Titanic who bribed one of the porters to get onto a life boat. T**** would get onto a life boat before his wife and his children, even Ivanka. He is that small and selfish of a man.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:39 pm Also Trump wasn't hesitant to get the shot...
Wonder how many lives he might save if he encouraged his supporters to get vaccinated...
What narrative? I'm not talking about narrative, but leadership. Tens of millions of Americans are very strong supporters of Trump and are heavily invested in what Trump does and says. They literally wrap themselves in his flag and logo. They follow his advice and how he acts and behaves. Half of them say they won't get vaccinated.

We had lack of Executive leadership in terms of messaging during the Trump administration regarding this virus. There are a lot of people who have died and will continue to die because of Trump's lack of leadership. It's been pretty obvious from the get-go he doesn't care about his supporters, and it's been sad seeing them getting taken for a ride.

If you think it's just a narrative, feel free to stay unvaccinated as well, it's your right.
what mouthpiece does he have now to use? he touted vaccines for 6-9 months. tried to ride it to election. his opponents, including our vp, sowed doubt because he was pushing it.

is joe at fault for not getting his supporters vaccinated?

i didn't say anything about my own vaccination. i was commenting on the narrative. not for nothing, but the left media has been pushing this angle repeatedly over the last several weeks.

you want it to be black and white, there's one way to see this. i don't agree.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:03 pm Masks are pointless.... https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... -epidemic/

with this, it's real surprising the who wouldn't recommend masks for the community into june.

i read a fanlax poster saying he thought they helped community spread, so the twitter guy must be wrong.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:03 pm Masks are pointless.... https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 ... -epidemic/

with this, it's real surprising the who wouldn't recommend masks for the community into june.

i read a fanlax poster saying he thought they helped community spread, so the twitter guy must be wrong.
I guess it's relative to expected risk. Why not recommend a mask during cold and flu season, since it helps?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:17 pm

I guess it's relative to expected risk. Why not recommend a mask during cold and flu season, since it helps?
yeah, that or any scientific data for centuries. plus they're differnt pathogens and might just transmit on a different continuum.

but... common sense. instinct. gut.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:20 pm

yeah, that or any scientific data for centuries. plus they're differnt pathogens and might just transmit on a different continuum.

Instinct says masks never work.....someone should ask WHO why the recommendations at that time.....probably because Joe won.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Instinct says masks never work.....someone should ask WHO why the recommendations at that time.....probably because Joe won.
you go with masks. i'll go with not walking into the room.
i like my chances better.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:00 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:59 pm

what mouthpiece does he have now to use? he touted vaccines for 6-9 months. tried to ride it to election. his opponents, including our vp, sowed doubt because he was pushing it.

is joe at fault for not getting his supporters vaccinated?

i didn't say anything about my own vaccination. i was commenting on the narrative. not for nothing, but the left media has been pushing this angle repeatedly over the last several weeks.

you want it to be black and white, there's one way to see this. i don't agree.
He can hold a press conference, call up FOX, hold a rally, or use any number of mouthpieces at his disposal.

As far as touting vaccines, Trump also said COVID would go away without them. Also, when did Trump's opponents sow doubt in people getting vaccinated regarding the election?

Yes, plenty of people on the left, center and right are pushing this angle because it's true. That's what leadership is, people follow your lead.

If Trump had been more vocal about getting vaccinated and had not downplayed the virus from day 1, do you think more of his followers would consider getting vaccinated? Or Fewer?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 pm

you go with masks. i'll go with not walking into the room.
i like my chances better.
I believe masks are suggested if you can’t stay away from people, not as a substitute. If an epidemiologist has stated that masks are a substitute for social distancing I would like to see it. Masks are just another potential mitigation tactic on top of social distancing and washing your hands. Have mot read anyone conflAte washing hands as an alternative for social distancing....but poking holes in mask usage....you bet.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

masks have been 90-99% of the messaging. everywhere. that is my point.
and you said it again. what i personally have a problem with... "if you can't stay away from people".
i've been able to stay away from people just fine. you are giving license to people to not stay away.
and with all the messaging... "as long as masks are on, i'm good." you may be smarter than that, but there are 330 million people in this country.
and it's one reason why in my guesstimation... you still do not have oodles or really any definitive community mask studies.

wash your hands.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 pm masks have been 90-99% of the messaging. everywhere. that is my point.
and you said it again. what i personally have a problem with... "if you can't stay away from people".
i've been able to stay away from people just fine. you are giving license to people to not stay away.
and with all the messaging... "as long as masks are on, i'm good." you may be smarter than that, but there are 330 million people in this country.
and it's one reason why in my guesstimation... you still do not have oodles or really any definitive community mask studies.

wash your hands.
I have not had a problem staying away from people at all. I can’t speak for what other people have heard. I know what I have heard repeatedly. I can’t defend stupid. If you must be around people, wear a mask. Fortunately my job allows me to stay away from people....others are on the front line...they have no choice but to be around people they serve unless we shut it down....they should be wearing a mask.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:45 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:37 pm masks have been 90-99% of the messaging. everywhere. that is my point.

wash your hands.
I have not had a problem staying away from people at all. I can’t speak for what other people have heard. I know what I have heard repeatedly. I can’t defend stupid. If you must be around people, wear a mask. Fortunately my job allows me to stay away from people....others are on the front line...they have no choice but to be around people they serve unless we shut it down....they should be wearing a mask.
and you hit on it. who recommends in healthcare separately because they have to be there. go back and read what they said in june and before june. community setting and spread is different.

including people wearing garbage masks, pulling at them constantly, not washing them, wearing disposable masks again and again, wearing them under their nose and/or mouth. ask a nurse what she/he is supposed to do if they even touch their medical mask.

single ply cloth for an aerosol virus. but "masks" and "no masks" get the uber headlines. and then "freedom". and here we are.

coming up on 60 days soon. 40 more to go.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:53 pm

wash your hands.
and you hit on it. who recommends in healthcare separately because they have to be there. go back and read what they said in june and before june. community setting and spread is different.

including people wearing garbage masks, pulling at them constantly, not washing them, wearing disposable masks again and again, wearing them under their nose and/or mouth. ask a nurse what she/he is supposed to do if they even touch their medical mask.

single ply cloth for an aerosol virus. but "masks" and "no masks" get the uber headlines. and then "freedom". and here we are.

Yes. I put the quality of the mask up there with “what have you got to lose?”....yes, looks like we won’t get to 600,000 by that date unless there is a spike. Call it a win.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Perfect is the enemy of the good.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The US is gumming up the works for nations looking to acquire AstraZeneca vaccine. The story.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:53 pm

wash your hands.

Yes. I put the quality of the mask up there with “what have you got to lose?”....yes, looks like we won’t get to 600,000 by that date unless there is a spike. Call it a win.
don't understand the corollary? don't need to reply, just going on record.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:05 pm The US is gumming up the works for nations looking to acquire AstraZeneca vaccine. The story.
it's a delicate dance, no doubt. who do you even give them to? more rich, first world countries that you do business with, or countries that may need the help more? somebody's gonna be pis.sed.

at this point, i'd be inclined to not be playing for a worst case scenario on production. things look good, monitor it hard, but expect what we've been expecting and no crazy mishap. let all but 10 million go, have them keep churning them out in the case of good news on approval.

to who? i'd say 2nd and 3rd worlds, but that's with the luxury of being a bystander.

Return to “POLITICS”