Future Programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
StuckinD2

Future Programs

Post by StuckinD2 »

While there’s been little news as of late, Im curious if there’s been any news or talks about potential programs adding this upcoming summer? I heard that USC Aiken was supposed to add this past summer but COVID put a pause on that. Converse is another one as well, since they just moved to a Coed institution that has talked about adding.
leeatu

Re: Future Programs

Post by leeatu »

Converse is starting strong with seven sports. All of which are CC-sponsored. I do see them adding golf, lacrosse, swimming & diving, and possibly wrestling in 5-10 years. These sports already have the competition facilities in place but maybe not the other spaces needed for coaches' offices, locker rooms, and the rest. Baseball doesn't seem to have any readily available facilities. These round out the CC-sponsored sports. It might be a challenge to add too much too fast with the campus kind of locked in.
Coach

Post by Coach »

Since Converse already has WLax I think that would be a good add for them in the near future. USC Aiken is peach belt...so with the PB conference adding MLax as a championship sport recently it would only make sense
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Haven't heard anything about Converse adding Mlax, but USC-Aiken is exploring it. I've heard Nova Southeastern in Florida is as well.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

pridelax13 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Haven't heard anything about Converse adding Mlax, but USC-Aiken is exploring it. I've heard Nova Southeastern in Florida is as well.

Has anyone heard any updates on these programs, or if any others are looking to Add this summer? While a lot of uncertainty it could be an interesting year for schools to add.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 pm
pridelax13 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Haven't heard anything about Converse adding Mlax, but USC-Aiken is exploring it. I've heard Nova Southeastern in Florida is as well.

Has anyone heard any updates on these programs, or if any others are looking to Add this summer? While a lot of uncertainty it could be an interesting year for schools to add.
I’ve heard rumors about Tennessee Wesleyan adding lacrosse but that’s all I heard.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

River Donkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:07 pm

I’ve heard rumors about Tennessee Wesleyan adding lacrosse but that’s all I heard.
Tennessee Wesleyan is NAIA and they have had lacrosse for at least 15 years.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

leeatu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:22 pm
This section is NCAA D2, and the question was asking future NCAA programs. Nobody cares about NAIA.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am
leeatu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:22 pm
This section is NCAA D2, and the question was asking future NCAA programs. Nobody cares about NAIA.
lol - you said Tenn Wes and the other guy said they've had lacrosse at the NAIA level for at least 15 years, then you yelled at him. are you hearing TW possibly moving to D2? if not, you're the one that brought a NAIA team into the d2 discussion.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Yes. I heard they were looking to go D2 soon.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Tennessee Wesleyan and their already established lacrosse teams might be heading to D2? So they are a possible future D2 program; that's great. I've actually had them on my D2 watchlist for a while. I have them going to Carolinas but with the Peach Belt dropping down to 10 members this July and the conference adding men's lax as a championship sport that would be a good place for them also. TWU would be the 4th full PBC member with lacrosse for both genders. Young Harris College is only about 90 miles away.

The D2 membership application deadline is two weeks from tomorrow. We know Emory & Henry College (SAC) is applying and Edward Waters College (SIAC) is applying either this year or next year but both are non-lax schools.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Donkey - I agree with Njlaxx. Did you bring up Tennessee Wesleyan and then yell at yourself? What an ass :lol:
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:38 pm Donkey - I agree with Njlaxx. Did you bring up Tennessee Wesleyan and then yell at yourself? What an ass :lol:
Who was yelling anything at anyone? I made a point to clarify my statement. Go away troll.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Hey, who wants to help this troll go look for Donkey's sense of humor? I think he lost it somewhere.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:47 pm
WhiteCarrera wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:38 pm Donkey - I agree with Njlaxx. Did you bring up Tennessee Wesleyan and then yell at yourself? What an ass :lol:
Who was yelling anything at anyone? I made a point to clarify my statement. Go away troll.
lol you still can't admit you were wrong. you brought up the NAIA school in the d2 discussion and yet you still haven't answered the main question - is Tenn Wes going d2?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:57 am
lol you still can't admit you were wrong. you brought up the NAIA school in the d2 discussion and yet you still haven't answered the main question - is Tenn Wes going d2?
Your answer is 5 posts prior to your question. I brought up an NAIA school rumored to be going D2.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:57 am
NJ, WhiteCarrera... No personal attacks. In the Politics Forums we allow for some leeway. But not here. No personal attacks.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Admin - certainly no offense to you as I appreciate this board and take your comments seriously, but I was just making a play on words/joke ... donkey? ass? get it?

I think Nj and I were just pointing out that RD came across as disputing his own comments, which we found kinda funny, thus the related need for a sense of humor search party. Usually my signature line helps, but I guess not always.
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

No way TWU is going D2 that school can barely stay open as is. They have no facilities, barely any academic programs. TWU is usually a pit stop for players to transfer to another school after a year or 2.

This sounds like an idea that a TWU player made up and posted....
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Nothing new on USC-Aiken-just the same rumblings as before. Heard Nova Southeastern has pushed the decision back a year or so for now. Another one to keep an eye on is USC-Beaufort. They are NAIA now, but are exploring going to NCAA D2. Haven't heard if they would like to add lacrosse, but would make sense if they do go to D2.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”