FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by Matnum PI »

The National C'ship already will have an asterisks. The asterisks would just become bigger.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:31 pm 3 of the Top Ten in the Forum Poll were Ivy. 30% is a lot. (Arguably 4. 40%)
Not to split hairs, the IL literally were 3 of my top 4 this week. Hard to not see a huge asterisk for 2020 (if the season even plays out). Awful timing for the sport, great parity and star players everywhere.. . :( :( :(
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Has there ever been a time when so many Ivy teams were so dominant? Yale is a recent phenom. P'ton of course but they were alone. Penn, like Yale, had relatively short moments in the sun. Cornell of course. But 4 Ivies having legit shots of winning it all. I think this was a first. Literally all 4 had a real shot of winning it all.
Caddy Day
calourie

Post by calourie »

NElaxtalent wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:31 pm 3 of the Top Ten in the Forum Poll were Ivy. 30% is a lot. (Arguably 4. 40%)
Not to split hairs, the IL literally were 3 of my top 4 this week. Hard to not see a huge asterisk for 2020 (if the season even plays out). Awful timing for the sport, great parity and star players everywhere.. . :( :( :(
Patriot league shut down means now 9 of the top twenty five are no longer playing. I'm going to have a hard time with my next top twenty five. Anyone with a winning record is in the hunt.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

my poll for next week is

#1) Utah

#2) Cleveland State

#3) Hampton
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The final FanLax Forum Poll of the 2020 season is due at midnight. Per usual, it will be posted on Tuesday.
Caddy Day
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:17 am The final FanLax Forum Poll of the 2020 season is due at midnight. Per usual, it will be posted on Tuesday.
can we base our picks on Best Medical Schools? would be nice to see Hopkins in the top spot.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

I'm treating this as Selection Monday...only 17 teams to correspond with the 17 teams that get NCAA tournament invites.

17 - Marist (AQ MAAC)
16 - UMBC (AQ AE)
15 - Richmond (AQ SoCon)
14 - Hobart (AQ NEC)
13 - UMass (AQ CAA)
12 - Ohio State (AL B1G) - Win against ND and I think a would-win at home against Denver makes them the last team in as the at-large
11 - Duke (AL ACC) - Beats ND for the final spot in the ACC
10 - Lehigh (AQ PL) - Man, that Lehigh-Army game that would have happened this past weekend would have been awesome.
9 - UVA (AL ACC) - Would have lost to Maryland this past weekend (Go Terps!) and sat behind UNC and Cuse in the ACC.
8 - Georgetown (AQ BE) - Favorable home schedule, could go to Nova. Game against UNC this past weekend would have been revealing.
7 - Penn St (AL B1G) - B1G Tournament was at PSU this year, so maybe they get the AQ. Their defense was pretty shoddy.
6 - Yale (AL IVY) - Ierlan compensates for their not-so-good defense and goalie play.
5 - UNC (AL ACC) - Was getting good FOGO play, deep offense, filled with crazy athletes, and a good goalie to cover mistakes.
4 - Princeton (AL IVY) - My dark horse pick from the preseason. Was getting great play all over the field. Sowers with the runaway Tewy.
3 - Maryland (AQ B1G) - FOGO play was good enough to get to 50%, offense too good, Tills too good of a coach. Sad to not see Jared break records.
2 - Cornell (AQ IVY) - Most complete Ivy team. Surprised how good their FOGO play was. Very physical team.
1 - Syracuse (AL ACC) - The most complete team. 2 great lines of midfield. Strong up the middle in goal and FOGO. Physical and athletic team.

Tough to say who wins it all this year. There are probably 7 teams that are built for Memorial Day. This would have been an epic year. Might be another decade before we see this many teams that were so good. Quarterfinals weekend would have been even better than last year's was, which was amazing.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Wheels wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:24 pm I'm treating this as Selection Monday...only 17 teams to correspond with the 17 teams that get NCAA tournament invites.

17 - Marist (AQ MAAC)
16 - UMBC (AQ AE)
15 - Richmond (AQ SoCon)
14 - Hobart (AQ NEC)
13 - UMass (AQ CAA)
12 - Ohio State (AL B1G) - Win against ND and I think a would-win at home against Denver makes them the last team in as the at-large
11 - Duke (AL ACC) - Beats ND for the final spot in the ACC
10 - Lehigh (AQ PL) - Man, that Lehigh-Army game that would have happened this past weekend would have been awesome.
9 - UVA (AL ACC) - Would have lost to Maryland this past weekend (Go Terps!) and sat behind UNC and Cuse in the ACC.
8 - Georgetown (AQ BE) - Favorable home schedule, could go to Nova. Game against UNC this past weekend would have been revealing.
7 - Penn St (AL B1G) - B1G Tournament was at PSU this year, so maybe they get the AQ. Their defense was pretty shoddy.
6 - Yale (AL IVY) - Ierlan compensates for their not-so-good defense and goalie play.
5 - UNC (AL ACC) - Was getting good FOGO play, deep offense, filled with crazy athletes, and a good goalie to cover mistakes.
4 - Princeton (AL IVY) - My dark horse pick from the preseason. Was getting great play all over the field. Sowers with the runaway Tewy.
3 - Maryland (AQ B1G) - FOGO play was good enough to get to 50%, offense too good, Tills too good of a coach. Sad to not see Jared break records.
2 - Cornell (AQ IVY) - Most complete Ivy team. Surprised how good their FOGO play was. Very physical team.
1 - Syracuse (AL ACC) - The most complete team. 2 great lines of midfield. Strong up the middle in goal and FOGO. Physical and athletic team.

Tough to say who wins it all this year. There are probably 7 teams that are built for Memorial Day. This would have been an epic year. Might be another decade before we see this many teams that were so good. Quarterfinals weekend would have been even better than last year's was, which was amazing.
Syracuse's SOS is 33. 4 out of 5 games at home. Cornell all 5 games on the road. Cornell a top 20 win (OSU) and a top 5 win (PSU). Syracuse a top 20 win (Army). Massey has Cornell #1 and Syracuse #5.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

laxfan1313 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm
Syracuse's SOS is 33. 4 out of 5 games at home. Cornell all 5 games on the road. Cornell a top 20 win (OSU) and a top 5 win (PSU). Syracuse a top 20 win (Army). Massey has Cornell #1 and Syracuse #5.
April 7th in Ithaca would have been an amazing day.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

And I say this as an SU fan, on april 7th, I wonder if SU would've still been the golden child it was when the season ended.
Caddy Day
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

1) Syracuse-team was getting stronger and appeared ready to take off
2) Princeton- More than just Sowers
3) UNC- would have loved to see UNC-Cuse , Tar Heels will be even stronger next year
4) Cornell- blowing 8 goal lead left doubts
5) Maryland- pieces better than the sum
6) Yale- 3rd team in ACC, TD reason they beat PSU
7) PSU-cant beat Yale, should have beat Cornell
8) Duke- suppose to be down but was coming on, gonna be stronger next year
9) Georgetown- may be low, may be high, never going know now
10) Denver- another team that was getting better
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

So, Cornell wins the national championship to make up for 1970?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Social distancing didn't mean for all of the pollsters to not vote!!

(I kid, I kid...)
calourie

Post by calourie »

Too disappointed at the cancellation of the season to want to put any more thought into it. I submit my prior week's poll (all interested are invited do the legwork themselves) with Ohio State moving up and Notre Dame moving down both in appropriate measure.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Time to start talking about FanLax Forum Poll 2021. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Pre-Season Polls (and the season already started anyway) and... When should we start? And who's in? As a reminder, this was the Final Poll and this is who participated last season: FanLax Computer, Wheels, Calourie, DU-Fan, Hopfan16, PerryMB, IC Grad, The Orfling, Drcthru, molo, Nelaxtalent, laxpere, SpiritintheStick, jersey shore lax, Typical Lax Dad, OCanada, and anyone else I missed.

But back to my original question. When should we start? Feb. 13th weekend after a bunch of teams have played?
Caddy Day
molo

Post by molo »

2/13 sounds about right. Lots of teams will have played by then, and some, like Denver, will have played a couple of top tier opportunities.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

molo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:04 pm2/13 sounds about right.
Sounds good. Let's make that a tentative plan.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”