Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Chips O'Toole

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by Chips O'Toole »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 am Which Code Red ? The dawn raid on Roger Stone's bunker ? Very impressive video.
I can understand why you find him to be a sympathetic figure, based on your other comments. Have a good night.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Chips O'Toole wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 am
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 am Which Code Red ? The dawn raid on Roger Stone's bunker ? Very impressive video.
I can understand why you find him to be a sympathetic figure, based on your other comments. Have a good night.
I have no sympathy for Stone. I think he's a sociopath who's finally getting the attention he's craved.

He brought all this on himself. The FBI did him a favor. They gave him more air time, made him a victim & bumped his legal defense fund.

Well played. Sleep tight Chips.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

C39890E0-BA14-46C4-B70D-E2703C1C2E87.jpeg
C39890E0-BA14-46C4-B70D-E2703C1C2E87.jpeg (169.78 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
If the FBI didn’t slam Stone’s head off the car roof, they’ve let us all down.

“G Gordon Liddy would have made the Feds drag him out of the house.” —Michael Graham
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

How Mueller’s next indictment will tie together the Russians, WikiLeaks and the top of the Trump campaign

Interesting OPINION

"The next arrest and indictment you’re going to see from Mueller will be his biggest yet. One morning in the not too distant future, he’s going to sweep up everyone remaining who was associated with using the Democratic Party emails stolen by the Russians. Julian Assange will be indicted. So will Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner. Roger Stone will probably face a superseding indictment along with the others for defrauding the United States by conspiring with WikiLeaks and the Russian intelligence service, the GRU, to steal Democratic Party campaign documents and use them to interfere with the American presidential election of 2016, the same charge he made against the Russians. Mueller will probably follow Justice Department guidelines and the example set by Special Prosecutor Leon Jaworski in Watergate. He will probably not indict the president, but he will name him as an unindicted co-conspirator, just as Richard Nixon was in Watergate."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

still ignoring the actual content of the hacked DNC emails, we see. Cause/effect. Ways/means

been waiting and waiting for shoes to drop. We got lying to Congress/others.......not much else. when is the DOJ going after Jimbo Clapper?
TAATS....only the hate (deserved) of tRump makes it different.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

If he's gonna indict Assange, might as well indict Putin too.

Make it a speaking indictment, in three acts.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:16 am If he's gonna indict Assange, might as well indict Putin too.

Make it a speaking indictment, in three acts.
Have we cut funding to Ecuador?

https://ec.usembassy.gov/fact-sheet-on- ... d-ecuador/
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... x-Case.pdf

Mueller motion to make the Stone case “complex,” changing deadlines. Terabytes of discovery going back years. For all the fun he’s having, he’s in grave trouble, according to Chris Christie.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... x-Case.pdf

Mueller motion to make the Stone case “complex,” changing deadlines. Terabytes of discovery going back years. For all the fun he’s having, he’s in grave trouble, according to Chris Christie.
Friggin Apple......how did they get Icloud information??
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... x-Case.pdf

This removes the speedy trial guaranty from the case, and allows more time to comb through discovery and...to convince this filthy low-life barnacle on the hull of society's boat to plead -- else he's going to Danbury, if he's lucky.

And the consent motion also makes clear that the SCO has all of the access in the world, and has Stone's various devices. That's nice.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Like Manafort, his What’s App might have backed up his files to the cloud when he thought they were secret. That’s probably bad for him.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:58 pm
Trinity wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:33 pm New filing says Russian IRC is working hard to discredit the Mueller probe. Probably because they’re innocent. Matt Whitaker said this is almost over? Now I get his sweating. Trump’s missing in action.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... e-russians
This has nothing to do with Trump or US defendants or suspects.
Apparently Mueller didn't figure any of the indicted Russians lawyers would show up & ask for discovery.
FBI investigators had found no evidence that government servers holding the data had been hacked, according to Mueller’s team, pointing instead to a leak on the Russian side.

Mueller disclosed the leak in a filing as part of his prosecution of Concord Management and Consulting, a Russian company that allegedly funded hacking operations by Russia’s notorious Internet Research Agency (IRA).

The filing argued that attorneys for Concord should not be given access to “sensitive” evidence gathered by Mueller’s team for the case.
A "speaking" indictment, issued to justify the SC investigation, turns into an exploding cigar.
No Russians are going to show up in a US court, but the indictments revealed sources & methods inside the IRA's work spaces in St Petersburg.
All it did was take the NSA & CIA crown jewels & disclose them -- to run up the score.
That evidence should have been shared with the Gang of 8, inside a SCIF, with no note taking.

They could have then convinced the US public that the Russians did it, ...without divulging specifics.
Bingo (02:30 -- 03:45)
https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch ... 5142211629
Last edited by old salt on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

You only give that up to protect the throne, no? Mueller took bank and financial records, too. Not sure how they relate to lying and obstructing but Mueller is. Trump’s sure wigging out.

Stone gave an interview in May 2017 to a reporter named Grant Stern. He talks about his many contacts with Trump throughout the campaign. At the end of the interview, he suddenly says he’s gonna be sorry he said all this.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Morning Joe War Council does not share your assessment.

They called it a feel good moment.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

You were too fast for my second graf. Also, I’m guessing the Marine in the Ranger Hall of Fame doesn’t need a hug. He’s facing a two-on-one fast break.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The good news is -- we're learning. The MSM did not fall for the Redstone Hacking tweets.
The reporters contacted via DM waved the bs flag, loudly.
That's how we defend against & defeat this stuff.
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/01/30/t ... erference/
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That helps. But how much lying by Trump is ok? About the many campaign contacts? The hotel in Moscow? The Ivanka spa? Where’s the GOP redline? Putin’s had leverage on the liar from Day 1.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Hey! GeddaLoada Salty linking to posts from his favorite "potty-mouthed blogger", Marcy Wheeler...

Return to “POLITICS”