The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Farfromgeneva »

In this metaphor is a shot and goal good, or would a turnover be positive? I would think the latter (turnover) given his facial expression appears awfully hungry like a certain deranged outgoing president...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:03 am Image
Will the colleges actually be playing lacrosse this year? I have not read that they have been given the green light. I think all of us could use a good lax fix right about now.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6 days until Biden. College season will start on January 30.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I watched about 10 minutes of Biden's special report tv show last night. My wife summed it all up after trying to watch it for a few minutes. Is this guy really serious? Turn the channel... please! I will give Biden credit, he has a grandiose vision. The poker player in me always says to go big or stay home. Joe definitely put all of his chips on the table last night. I hope he isn't bluffing.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:29 am I watched about 10 minutes of Biden's special report tv show last night. My wife summed it all up after trying to watch it for a few minutes. Is this guy really serious? Turn the channel... please! I will give Biden credit, he has a grandiose vision. The poker player in me always says to go big or stay home. Joe definitely put all of his chips on the table last night. I hope he isn't bluffing.
I didn't watch any of it....gathering the details this morning.

What made your wife say that? Any specifics?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:29 am I watched about 10 minutes of Biden's special report tv show last night. My wife summed it all up after trying to watch it for a few minutes. Is this guy really serious? Turn the channel... please! I will give Biden credit, he has a grandiose vision. The poker player in me always says to go big or stay home. Joe definitely put all of his chips on the table last night. I hope he isn't bluffing.

Clips here:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1349880031770767363

Pretty standard speech from a politician given the steering wheel with nearly 400,000 dead, 4,000 a day dying, mass unemployment, state and local governments gasping for air, a frayed and disorganized foreign policy, and a significant part of the electorate drunk on evidence-free conspiracy theories. Go big or stay home? Go big or kill the America we know.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Here ya go

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/14/biden-s ... -wage.html

This is what a competent Chief Executive looks like - He has a plan, he gave out the basic details and rationale and provided information where folks can get ALL of the information in greater detail and also advised the Congress what he was going to ask for

Not so say anything else as to whether it is passable or not, or what changes will be made to get it enacted - its a start. Now we need to see where it goes from here.

Let's also hope the COVID plan will be articulated and implemented in the same way - They just announced that former longtime FDA Chief Dr. David Kessler, M.D. will be taking over Operation Warp Speed from Moncef Slaoui (whose background was working for pharma company GSK)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am

Clips here:

Pretty standard speech from a politician given the steering wheel with nearly 400,000 dead, 4,000 a day dying, mass unemployment, state and local governments gasping for air, a frayed and disorganized foreign policy, and a significant part of the electorate drunk on evidence-free conspiracy theories. Go big or stay home? Go big or kill the America we know.
Not enough crazy in his speech and he doesn't use accordion hands.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Joe was being a politician, he was not being Joe. He was spelling out money he wanted to invest on a large scale to many different groups of Americans. I understood his message.. the delivery was very hard to follow. IMO Biden just tried too damn hard. When you start spitting out numbers people eyes start to glaze over very quickly.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:08 am

Joe was being a politician, he was not being Joe. He was spelling out money he wanted to invest on a large scale to many different groups of Americans. I understood his message.. the delivery was very hard to follow. IMO Biden just tried too damn hard. When you start spitting out numbers people eyes start to glaze over very quickly.
Know your audience is one of the first tenets of public speaking. Speak down to your audience when in doubt.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:06 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:45 am

Clips here:

Not enough crazy in his speech and he doesn't use accordion hands.
The message becomes muddled when you start throwing out numbers. Joe did come close to those accordion hands when he raised his hands over his head and started shaking them. Joe had a powerful message confused by a discombobulated delivery.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:12 am

Know your audience is one of the first tenets of public speaking. Speak down to your audience when in doubt.
But don't confuse them in the process.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:12 am

But don't confuse them in the process.
Absolutely. See Spot Run. Ann Has Jam. Enjoy YOUR DAY.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

So there was nothing specific than his delivery and his effort.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:28 am

Don't get me wrong, President Biden gave out an abundance of specifics. I guess what he did was give out more information than the average American could process. You can't spend that much time delving into all the details. A thumbnail sketch with more details to be announced in the coming days would have worked for me. I believe many of you FLP folks refer to that as micro-managing.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am

Don't get me wrong, President Biden gave out an abundance of specifics. I guess what he did was give out more information than the average American could process. You can't spend that much time delving into all the details. A thumbnail sketch with more details to be announced in the coming days would have worked for me. I believe many of you FLP folks refer to that as micro-managing.
Gottcha.....

"..many of you FLP..." are you suggesting I'm in that group?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 am

Gottcha.....

Guilty as charged, I overuse that phrase way too much. Of course when I say many of you that provides enough ambiguity to CMY. ;)
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 am

Gottcha.....

Guilty as charged, I overuse that phrase way too much. Of course when I say many of you that provides enough ambiguity to CMY. ;)
Just wanted to clarify, apart from us both being dog lovers and fiscal consevatives, you and I are closely aligned on a number of issues.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I missed it as well, except some excerpts...if the complaint is that he was too specific, too detailed, (too boring?) about what people should expect to see in the program he and his team are going to propose as legislation next week, then I'm cool with that at this point.

He needn't be an entertainer on this topic. Serious, detailed, thorough, vetted...to me, that's a refreshing tone when dealing with the pandemic and its economic damage.

cradle, if you simply dropped the "you" in the phrase, and just swatted at "FLP folks" generally there'd be less or no confusion as to whether you meant to give personal offense.

Return to “POLITICS”