All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:56 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:28 pm The mistake (only) resulted in a one-week delay, but every day is important, I think.
This is why I questioned our infrastructure spend on both testing and vaccination way back in the summer....every week lost costs us Billions.

The vaccine rollout has been a *hitshow, and this, for once, is entirely on Trump. One last bit of proof that Trump couldn't manage a McDonald's with any proficiency, let alone the manufacture and distribution of a vaccine.
He’s an awful manager and businessman. Reality TV saved him. He is Paris Hilton.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:28 pm The mistake (only) resulted in a one-week delay, but every day is important, I think.
This is why I questioned our infrastructure spend on both testing and vaccination way back in the summer....every week lost costs us Billions.

The vaccine rollout has been a *hitshow, and this, for once, is entirely on Trump. One last bit of proof that Trump couldn't manage a McDonald's with any proficiency, let alone the manufacture and distribution of a vaccine.
word is ukraine just passed their omnibus package and are sending us 450 mill and 2 steak sandwiches for vaccination infrastructure.

i want our prez out of the way and to let the professionals (if they're there) do the work when it comes to a vaxx distribution. i don't disagree on mcdonald's. have any franchises ever gone bankrupt?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:49 pm Once they get outside the confines of the “easy” vaccinations in hospitals and nursing homes (easy in the sense that the recipients are right in the building), I fear it is going to be the Wild Wild West.

Using New Jersey as an example again, from what I have seen, it doesn’t appear that they have released any type of detailed plans for how large groups will get their vaccinations. They have identified some “mega centers,” but haven’t provided any details beyond that.

My understanding is that the feds determine how much each state gets and when, but after that it is pretty much entirely up to the states.

And, of course, critically, the next group to get vaccinated hasn’t been formally identified in New Jersey (or elsewhere?) unless they are going by the plan put on the website in October (which I doubt).
texas identified 1b as over 65 and comorbitities, not including essential workers as feds advised.
mass has a bit more detail
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/when- ... 19-vaccine

as far as delivery and other details, no worries it looks like we have an extra month to figure out.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:06 pm

word is ukraine just passed their omnibus package and are sending us 450 mill and 2 steak sandwiches for vaccination infrastructure.

i want our prez out of the way and to let the professionals (if they're there) do the work when it comes to a vaxx distribution. i don't disagree on mcdonald's. have any franchises ever gone bankrupt?
https://www.nrn.com/finance/mcdonald-s- ... bankruptcy
“I wish you would!”
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Some health care workers in the Rio Grande Valley say thanks but no thanks.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/20 ... de-valley/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

6x6 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:27 pm Some health care workers in the Rio Grande Valley say thanks but no thanks.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/12/20 ... de-valley/
lucio sounds like a piece of work. i read a healthcare magazine once, where do i line up?
a brave guy showing people the vaccine is nothing to fear.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oops. Should have looked for an update on the New Jersey rules.

Updated today.

Phase 1B includes those 75 and older plus essential workers. Phase 1C includes 65 and older and adults with comorbidities.

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-informat ... ere-a-plan
Typical Lax Dad

Saw on talking head TV that at the current of vaccination, it will take us 10 years to get to heard. In order to get to here in 6 months, we should be vaccinating 3.5 million people a day (back of the envelope calculation)....feel free to poke holes in it.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Scenes From Gallup, N.M., Where the Coronavirus Has Hit Hard https://nyti.ms/2MaPXdj
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"We’ve flattened the curve...."

Time will tell how this one ages. :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:35 pm Saw on talking head TV that at the current of vaccination, it will take us 10 years to get to heard. In order to get to here in 6 months, we should be vaccinating 3.5 million people a day (back of the envelope calculation)....feel free to poke holes in it.
10 years to hear what? :lol: ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:38 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:35 pm Saw on talking head TV that at the current of vaccination, it will take us 10 years to get to heard. In order to get to here in 6 months, we should be vaccinating 3.5 million people a day (back of the envelope calculation)....feel free to poke holes in it.
10 years to hear what? :lol: ;)
👍
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Last updated: December 29, 2020, 14:48 GMT United States

Coronavirus Cases: 19,793,361

Deaths: 343,270
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

So what do we think of the MIT Ph.D.?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyATVIag9vY
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 am So what do we think of the MIT Ph.D.?
Very smart guy...but not necessarily 'balanced' or honest. My take is "whack job" but a very smart, well educated whack job.

V. A. Shiva Ayyadurai (born Vellayappa Ayyadurai Shiva,[2] December 2, 1963)[3] is an Indian-American scientist, engineer, politician, entrepreneur, and promoter of conspiracy theories and unfounded medical claims. He is notable for his widely disputed claim to be the "inventor of email",[4] based on the electronic mail software called "EMAIL" he wrote as a New Jersey high school student in the late 1970s.[5][6] Initial reports that repeated Ayyadurai's assertion—from organizations such as The Washington Post and the Smithsonian Institution—were followed by public retractions.[5][7] These corrections were triggered by objections from historians and ARPANET pioneers who pointed out that email was already actively used in the early 1970s.[3]

Ayyadurai also attracted attention for two reports: the first questioning the working conditions of India's largest scientific agency; the second questioning the safety of genetically modified soybeans. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ayyadurai became known for a social media disinformation campaign about the coronavirus; spreading conspiracy theories about the cause of coronavirus; promoting unfounded COVID-19 treatments; and campaigning to fire Anthony Fauci for allegedly being a so-called "deep state" actor.

Ayyadurai holds four degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), including a Ph.D. in biological engineering, and is a Fulbright grant recipient.[8]

He garnered 3.39% of the vote as an independent candidate in the 2018 U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, and ran as a Republican in the 2020 U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, but lost to Kevin O'Connor in the primary.[9]
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:35 am
Very smart guy...but not necessarily 'balanced' or honest.

V. A. Shiva Ayyadurai (born Vellayappa Ayyadurai Shiva,[2] December 2, 1963)[3] is an Indian-American scientist, engineer, politician, entrepreneur, and promoter of conspiracy theories and unfounded medical claims. He is notable for his widely disputed claim to be the "inventor of email",[4] based on the electronic mail software called "EMAIL" he wrote as a New Jersey high school student in the late 1970s.[5][6] Initial reports that repeated Ayyadurai's assertion—from organizations such as The Washington Post and the Smithsonian Institution—were followed by public retractions.[5][7] These corrections were triggered by objections from historians and ARPANET pioneers who pointed out that email was already actively used in the early 1970s.[3]

Ayyadurai also attracted attention for two reports: the first questioning the working conditions of India's largest scientific agency; the second questioning the safety of genetically modified soybeans. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ayyadurai became known for a social media disinformation campaign about the coronavirus; spreading conspiracy theories about the cause of coronavirus; promoting unfounded COVID-19 treatments; and campaigning to fire Anthony Fauci for allegedly being a so-called "deep state" actor.

Ayyadurai holds four degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), including a Ph.D. in biological engineering, and is a Fulbright grant recipient.[8]

He garnered 3.39% of the vote as an independent candidate in the 2018 U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, and ran as a Republican in the 2020 U.S. Senate election in Massachusetts, but lost to Kevin O'Connor in the primary.[9]
You need to be sent to the sin bin....you stole this from wiki without citing them. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:35 am
Very smart guy...but not necessarily 'balanced' or honest.

You need to be sent to the sin bin....you stole this from wiki without citing them. :lol:
:D yes, thought it was obvious. I also looked at his bio on his website and that's why I looked deeper...I was surprised by the claim that he'd invented email in 1978 because I knew it had been invented years earlier. Apparently he filed a copyright for his own software in 1978. No one actually uses that software.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I will avoid the political, partisan, shoot the messenger shotgun approach. What the Dr. speaks of is indeed based in science, and everyone knows what we put into our body, how we think and feel, is part and parcel to healing and positive results for a healthy lifestyle.

Why else do you think people are taking vitamin D all of a sudden....in police work they call that a clue, You should not need to take it regularly if you go outside for a couple/few hours and stop sitting on the couch or office chair.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”