Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:19 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:36 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:16 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:04 pm don't agree at all that one side has had the stick to do something about it any more than the other over time, fiscally included, but just my perspective.
Disagree. We have been using the rightwing approach to econ. for 40 years. The libs didn't invent trickle down....the American right did.
ok. that's your theory. who invented it. it's ok to disagree.
It's not a theory. We've all seen Ferris Bueller and Ben Stein's mention of "Voodoo Economics".

He's talking about the Laffer Curve. He's the guy who came up with the stupid idea of Trickle Down in 1974. Reagan took it, and implemented it.

Not one of the things I mentioned are anything by RightWIng ideas: bust unions, cut taxes on corporations, cut taxes on the very rich.....all with the idea that the economy will boom. It doesn't work, of course.

And there's no way you can argue that a left winger came up with any one of those ideas.

And Reagan is the guy who put the cuts into practice...I can show you a ton of charts that shows that is the moment that dozens of bad things happened. Productivity vs. wages. Income disparity. Net worth of bottom 50% earners. And on and on.....

Not one of these economic ideas came from the left. They are all right wing ideas. I'm not giving you a theory. I'm telling you what actually happened.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomit ... b83fc475ab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
this is the part that you quoted from me:

"don't agree at all that one side has had the stick to do something about it any more than the other over time, fiscally included, but just my perspective"

over 40 years both parties have had ample opportunity to do something about it. imo. meaning... i don't care who "invented it". that's your cause.
Not for nuthin', but it may be that your style of writing left your meaning open to confusion. I'll admit that I read the sentence multiple times and still wasn't sure.

On the merits of the 'disagreement', it does seem to me that the critics of trickle down have been consistently from the left, the proponents consistently from the right. The power structure has been fine with the status quo.
agreed. just a grammatically deprived mess.

in my defense, the page beforehand led to the focus of that part of my post, and was more clear on the dialogue and assertion made.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:19 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:36 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:16 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:04 pm don't agree at all that one side has had the stick to do something about it any more than the other over time, fiscally included, but just my perspective.
Disagree. We have been using the rightwing approach to econ. for 40 years. The libs didn't invent trickle down....the American right did.
ok. that's your theory. who invented it. it's ok to disagree.
It's not a theory. We've all seen Ferris Bueller and Ben Stein's mention of "Voodoo Economics".

He's talking about the Laffer Curve. He's the guy who came up with the stupid idea of Trickle Down in 1974. Reagan took it, and implemented it.

Not one of the things I mentioned are anything by RightWIng ideas: bust unions, cut taxes on corporations, cut taxes on the very rich.....all with the idea that the economy will boom. It doesn't work, of course.

And there's no way you can argue that a left winger came up with any one of those ideas.

And Reagan is the guy who put the cuts into practice...I can show you a ton of charts that shows that is the moment that dozens of bad things happened. Productivity vs. wages. Income disparity. Net worth of bottom 50% earners. And on and on.....

Not one of these economic ideas came from the left. They are all right wing ideas. I'm not giving you a theory. I'm telling you what actually happened.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/briandomit ... b83fc475ab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
this is the part that you quoted from me:

"don't agree at all that one side has had the stick to do something about it any more than the other over time, fiscally included, but just my perspective"

over 40 years both parties have had ample opportunity to do something about it. imo. meaning... i don't care who "invented it". that's your cause.
Not for nuthin', but it may be that your style of writing left your meaning open to confusion. I'll admit that I read the sentence multiple times and still wasn't sure.

On the merits of the 'disagreement', it does seem to me that the critics of trickle down have been consistently from the left, the proponents consistently from the right. The power structure has been fine with the status quo.
agreed. just a grammatically deprived mess.

in my defense, the page beforehand led to the focus of that part of my post, and was more clear on the dialogue and assertion made.
:D We all have our styles. Mine is to be way, way too verbose...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The exodus from New York continues under the left's leadership.

Deblasio and Cuomo are running all the big earners out and down to Florida.

But the good news is the corona numbers should improve now.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 pm The exodus from New York continues under the left's leadership.

Details?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 pm The exodus from New York continues under the left's leadership.

Details?
https://www.google.com/search?q=exodus+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

Breaking news. New Yorkers retire to Florida. Stop the presses.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You don't REALLY believe this FoxNation nonsense, do you?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Did you see the link above?

Wall Street Journal, Forbes, the local ABC affiliate, Reuters and CNBC etc. is “foxnation?”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Details?
https://www.google.com/search?q=exodus+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Thanks for the link. I am, as you no doubt expect, having some difficulty attributing the departure from the cities ("the Democrat Cities," as your Godhead and Guiding Light calls them) to left wing stuff in a way that seems convincing. As njbill suggests, "wow, moving to Florida??!!"

Having said that, I live in a community in which a buddy of mine is selling homes from $750,000 to $2.5 million without a walk through, and most of these folks are professionals who are walking away from the cities and close proximity to the thing they once, long ago, called their "offices." I think that exodus is real: where once folks wanted to be close to the office, they now have a new paradigm and the hinterlands with good connectivity is looking better. Spoke to a guy yesterday who bought a home along my regular walk with my beagle; he and his family (wife, two little ones) lived in Westchester County, near the Metro-North lines to an office in mid-town, where he works in private equity and investing. Left the office in March, never returned, and management is allowing people to leave for the countryside. They'll maintain a good sized footprint in mid-town, but are looking to slim the leasehold.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Goldman Sachs is reportedly threatening to relocate part of their operation to Palm Beach or Ft Lauderdale.

Expect Beijing to make an offer.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm Goldman Sachs is reportedly threatening to relocate part of their operation to Palm Beach or Ft Lauderdale.

Not a threat, Goldman has moved divisions out of New York for a few years. Have ops in Dallas, Denver, etc. this would be specific to the private banking and wealth unit, which makes some sense in S FL. They’re not moving bankers, special situations prop investors, traders, etc anytime soon though. It’s basically middle and back office professionals.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:46 am why progressives are so inspired:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kl5slzN2nmY/ ... iberal.jpg
Jesus would not pick sides....stop it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Baloney. Two Corinthians:

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols?

Jesus's path was to feed the poor, provide succor to the damaged and destitute, and reform the wayward. He would, I think, choose the truth; choose inclusiveness; choose justice. Faced with the white supremacists groping up out of the sewer, I am pretty sure he'd make the right call.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:14 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm Goldman Sachs is reportedly threatening to relocate part of their operation to Palm Beach or Ft Lauderdale.

Not a threat, Goldman has moved divisions out of New York for a few years. Have ops in Dallas, Denver, etc. this would be specific to the private banking and wealth unit, which makes some sense in S FL. They’re not moving bankers, special situations prop investors, traders, etc anytime soon though. It’s basically middle and back office professionals.
We moved our laundering operations away from Goldmans years ago......turns out it was the best decision I ever made. Clinton era. Goldmans got real lazy after the St. Germain (RI) bill passed.........innovation goes away when sucking on big govenments teets.

couldn't find the Dana Carvey era S n L skit....but this is lazy example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWgb_yDAFak
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols?

Jesus's path was to feed the poor, provide succor to the damaged and destitute, and reform the wayward. He would, I think, choose the truth; choose inclusiveness; choose justice. Faced with the white supremacists groping up out of the sewer, I am pretty sure he'd make the right call.
You get an A for effort counsellor, but on substance, you proved why he would not pick sides, as you did.
~Livy

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:12 pm

You get an A for effort counsellor, but on substance, you proved why he would not pick sides, as you did.
I think you're wrong. I think Jesus would be working for social justice and the poor.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:02 pm

I think you're wrong. I think Jesus would be working for social justice and the poor.
and WHO isn't excited to finally have a POTUSA that has 40 years experience of doing just that......social justice and the poor. :lol: :lol:

Unless it was Sen. Feingold that was the ONLY US Senator to vote NO on the horrible, UN CONstitutional patriot act, and NOT Senator Biden's NO vote.

I am the second coming. Prove me wrong? Have you treated me with kindness? Others? blocking on twitter is not being nice. I said so. I am the second coming. The book of Vous-ithians, spoken by Purple Pizza and whomever kept slashing Boomers bronco's tires, with that TERPQB new york tag.........well, that book said I am the second coming, and respect the poor. And social justice isn't bruce jenner winning the ironwoman, over 60 grouping. and banning me for not saying its his female name, but competing as a female. But, anyone that can polevault, has my respect. always.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jesus was and the world's # 1 Jewish liberal. Anyone who denies that hasn't read the Bible.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ever consider the tax code being weaponized with the mortgage interest deduction cap had something to do with the net migration from expensive coastal cities (which I guess includes Atlanta even though it’s not close to the coast)? Or that these actions will have the implications of spreading and assimilating the political philosophy yo these other places as you applaud this movement?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”