Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Orange Duce

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:48 pm "No other president has been able to do what I have done."

Helpful historical context! Excellent.
The bottom right corner should actually read "Won election while losing the popular vote".
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The Bogus Fraud Claims Are All About Giving Trump An Off-Ramp, Officials Say
President Donald Trump has promised legal action in the coming days as he refused to concede his loss to Democrat Joe Biden, making an aggressive pitch for donors to help finance any court fight.

Trump and his campaign have leveled accusations of large-scale voter fraud in Pennsylvania and other states that broke for Biden, so far without proof.

But senior officials, campaign aides and allies told The Associated Press that overwhelming evidence of fraud isn’t really the point.

The strategy to wage a legal fight against the votes tallied for Biden in Pennsylvania and other places is more to provide Trump with an off-ramp for a loss he can’t quite grasp and less about changing the election’s outcome, the officials said. They spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal strategy.

Trump aides and allies also acknowledged privately the legal fights would — at best — forestall the inevitable, and some had deep reservations about the president’s attempts to undermine faith in the vote. But they said Trump and a core group of loyalists were aiming to keep his base of supporters on his side even in defeat.

There has never been a presidential election in memory where such widespread fraud was alleged.
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:48 pm "No other president has been able to do what I have done."

Helpful historical context! Excellent.
May need to add another circle for “jailed.”
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:03 pm
President Donald Trump has promised legal action in the coming days as he refused to concede his loss to Democrat Joe Biden, making an aggressive pitch for donors to help finance any court fight.

Trump and his campaign have leveled accusations of large-scale voter fraud in Pennsylvania and other states that broke for Biden, so far without proof.

But senior officials, campaign aides and allies told The Associated Press that overwhelming evidence of fraud isn’t really the point.

The strategy to wage a legal fight against the votes tallied for Biden in Pennsylvania and other places is more to provide Trump with an off-ramp for a loss he can’t quite grasp and less about changing the election’s outcome, the officials said. They spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal strategy.

Trump aides and allies also acknowledged privately the legal fights would — at best — forestall the inevitable, and some had deep reservations about the president’s attempts to undermine faith in the vote. But they said Trump and a core group of loyalists were aiming to keep his base of supporters on his side even in defeat.

There has never been a presidential election in memory where such widespread fraud was alleged.
That may well be true. More than one thing can be true at the same time. No election in recent history has presented such widespread opportunity for fraud, or been cobbled together so quickly. Mail in voting is obviously the wave of the future. It's introduction on this scale was hastened by the pandemic. By taking a step backward technologically, by relying soley on paper ballots, we protect ourselves from the electronic tampering we were so threatened by. Additionally, when chain of custody is maintained, we have a consistent audit trail to fairly & accurately adjudicate election challenges. This can increase public confidence in the results & bolster the legitimacy of the winners.

In this specific election, the recounts & challenges provide a cooling off period for Trump & his supporters. The more closely the contested states are audited, the greater the acceptance of the ultimate results.

In terms of healing the country, the less Pres Biden does to rub the noses of Trump & his supporters in their loss, the more effective he will be as a leader. Just as it did with his campaign, Covid can work to Biden's advantage in the transition & inauguration. He can let Trump slink out of DC, muttering about his stolen re-election & hold a scaled down inauguration that sets an example for how to handle public gatherings during his Presidency. ...it will also help keep the crowds, from both extremes, off the streets, & let merchants & residents take down the plywood.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:51 pm In terms of healing the country, the less Pres Biden does to rub the noses of Trump & his supporters in their loss, the more effective he will be as a leader.
In other words, you hope he doesn't behave like Trump.

Cramming as much irony into the situation as we can, are we? :lol: ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:51 pm This can increase public confidence in the results & bolster the legitimacy of the winners
:lol: You think things like facts matters to TrumpNation in the TrumpEra?

Cat's out of the bag, OS. Rational thought has left the building. Replaced with tinfoil hats. No amount of election security will change the minds of TrumpNation, so why bother blowing money on the issue?

The math is simple for them. If a R is elected? Oh, well the election was flawless....or the R won despite the cheating.

And if a D won? Fraud. I mean: duh, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:33 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:51 pm In terms of healing the country, the less Pres Biden does to rub the noses of Trump & his supporters in their loss, the more effective he will be as a leader.
How often did I acknowledge that Trump was not Presidential ?
I preferred results over rhetoric.

I try not to waste irony.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/281008 ... the-stupid
...but I don't determine the audience.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 pm

No, you don't. But I'm surprised you're calling TrumpNation stupid.....
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:51 pm

I was referring to the audience responding to my posts, who can only see things as (R) vs (D), as compared to what might benefit both.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:05 pm

I was referring to the audience responding to my posts, who can only see things as (R) vs (D), as compared to what might benefit both.
Oh, I know. See, out here in Colorado, we have a good voting system. Know why? Because we're a State run (so far, anyway) by moderates who are willing to work together.

But these complaints have NOTHING to do with actual election security, and you know it. It's another of a long line of fake complaints that Republican politicians use to get their base to foam at the mouth.

We could have the most secure elections in the history of voting, and TrumpNation would still cry fraud the millisecond their team lost an election. Trying to placate them is a complete waste of time.

But sure, play dumb, and act like you don't know this...

Oh, and maybe next time, the idiots in your party leadership will actually get off their *sses and work the problem. You know, things like "hey, I know we're in a pandemic....but we're going to work with Dems to make this as secure and accessible election as we can in all 50 States given such unique circumstances". Remember when we, you know, worked together to fix problems?

Yeah, I can't either.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Your guy:

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Donald Trump and Rudy took their orders well:

Thanks for standing up to them!! Can’t imagine if we had rolled over...we take our cues from Russia now.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:16 pm Oh, I know. See, out here in Colorado, we have a good voting system. Know why? Because we're a State run (so far, anyway) by moderates who are willing to work together.

But these complaints have NOTHING to do with actual election security, and you know it. It's another of a long line of fake complaints that Republican politicians use to get their base to foam at the mouth.

We could have the most secure elections in the history of voting, and TrumpNation would still cry fraud the millisecond their team lost an election. Trying to placate them is a complete waste of time.

But sure, play dumb, and act like you don't know this...

Oh, and maybe next time, the idiots in your party leadership will actually get off their *sses and work the problem. You know, things like "hey, I know we're in a pandemic....but we're going to work with Dems to make this as secure and accessible election as we can in all 50 States given such unique circumstances". Remember when we, you know, worked together to fix problems?

Yeah, I can't either.
How long's CO been doing it by mail ? The audits, recounts & legal challenges will verify if the newer states do it as well, & if not, illuminate necessary corrective measures for the future. Elections are audited & contested all the time. State Legislatures then make changes as warranted.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump gets 306 electoral votes, Hillary concedes within hours.

Biden gets the exact same 306 electoral votes and Trump whines, complains and lies like the spoiled brat he is.

Clearly Hillary had the balls to do the right thing.

And Trump is a p*ssy.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

How long's CO been doing it by mail ? The audits, recounts & legal challenges will verify if the newer states do it as well, & if not, illuminate necessary corrective measures for the future. Elections are audited & contested all the time. State Legislatures then make changes as warranted.
It was actually quite simple. It just isn't very hard to do. 1990s technology is all you need. Few changes were needed after the initial implementation -- it worked just fine right out of the box in 2014. Rated as the most secure voting system in the country. Always top five in voter turnout.

Also the highest percentage of eligible voters registered. Because you are automatically registered at the DMV or the Medicaid office. Which happens to be the perfect time to do all of the identity checks.

Colorado's system was pushed hard by the Colo county clerks -- most of whom are GOP from small rural counties. Because it saves them a lot of money. But the GOP (of course, because vote suppressors gonna vote suppress) opposed the all mail-in system. Thankfully, the Dems squashed the GOP resistance. Now everybody loves it -- Dems, Reps, and Indies.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 pm
It was actually quite simple. It just isn't very hard to do. 1990s technology is all you need. Few changes were needed after the initial implementation -- it worked just fine right out of the box in 2014. Rated as the most secure voting system in the country. Always top five in voter turnout.

Also the highest percentage of eligible voters registered. Because you are automatically registered at the DMV or the Medicaid office. Which happens to be the perfect time to do all of the identity checks.

Colorado's system was pushed hard by the Colo county clerks -- most of whom are GOP from small rural counties. Because it saves them a lot of money. But the GOP (of course, because vote suppressors gonna vote suppress) opposed the all mail-in system. Thankfully, the Dems squashed the GOP resistance. Now everybody loves it -- Dems, Reps, and Indies.
Here in MD, we just went through the Real-ID verification process. Any state which has experienced that knows how rigorous & exacting it is.
Our voting tips for MD mail in ballots were to look at the signature on our drivers license & use the same format.
I imagine that the initial signature match attempts could be done by computer scan.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Signature match should ONLY be done by computer scan. WAY too much human variability in making that judgment.

This is an easy-peasy problem for machine-learning algorithms. Not to get it right every time (that's impossible), but to have a uniform standard across a state. Then, when a mismatch is declared by the computer, the vast majority will be false negatives (that is, the signatures were actually from the same person), so an ability to "cure" the ballot is essential.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Some states eliminated the ability to register to vote at DMV.... and disallowed college id but a gun license was fine .
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

It began on a gold escalator. It may have ended at Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

By Dan Zak and Karen Heller

PHILADELPHIA — The end came in all the places you’d expect, in all the ways you’d expect, with all the people you’d expect.

When news broke Saturday that Donald Trump’s reign was ending, the president was on a golf course that he owns in Virginia, playing his last round as a non-loser. In Washington, about 125 of his worshipful supporters gathered on the stoop of the Supreme Court to “stop the steal,” then circumnavigated the U.S. Capitol seven times, because that’s how the Israelites conquered Jericho, according to the Book of Joshua. And a pair of Trump’s most loyal surrogates made a defiant stand on the gravelly backside of a landscaping business in an industrial stretch of Northeast Philadelphia, near a crematorium and an adult-video store called Fantasy Island, along State Road, which leads — as being associated with Trump sometimes does — to a prison.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

The whole thing is hilarious.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Doctor Jill Stein, a graduate of Harvard Medical school (only the best), along with her Russian interpreters, is hand holding the Trump folks in how to legally get recounts/challenges going.

Or, as I was informing a friend yesterday, many elections, even for your local town rep, have lawsuits filed. It's just a fact.

So, tRump filing lawsuits isn't unusual. What IS, IS tRump being tRump......right?

Hey Donald, a lacrosse game is 60 minutes long, who cares if you were "winning" with 9 minutes to go in the game.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was

Return to “POLITICS”