Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wgdsr

Re: Orange Duce

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:19 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm
holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm Quote of the Day:

"Republicans elected a welfare queen. A broke taxcheat with 5 kids from 3 wives living in public housing."
and he doesn't pay his bills.
And his debts are coming due...

Sometimes I really wonder if you're in business and not some radical lefty professor.

He is personally guaranteed on $429 million, on assets conservatively worth $2.5 billion (and that's the conservative estimate...others have them pegged north of $5 billion; that is net of total debt of $1 billion). This is hardly a workout scenario.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre ... f695786f27

Real estate owners constantly remortgage properties and take on higher debt so as to get tax free income; I do it myself with a hotel property in the northeast. Lenders lend based on assets and cash flow; 'Trump Inc.' as constituted today is perfectly fine. These loans will roll over with zero problems. And if even Ladder Cap wouldn't touch them, there are dozens of other lenders willing to step in and get that yield that Trump would need to pay if Ladder and DB balked.
BS estimates of Trump's worth. I would be surprised if his actual net worth is more than a couple of hundred million.

Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

And no, those loans will not roll over with no problems UNLESS Trump is still president, and then the ask will be large for Trump - and potentially dangerous for the USA.

I thought you were in the air services business. What the heck are you holding hotel real estate for? No wonder you are so desperate for "opening" the country up...
ahhh, good catch.
That does explain PB's desperation. Needs Ron ohh so badly...wonder when his loans are coming due and whether he's personally guaranteed...

Yup, what Petey also doesn't seem to understand is that the downside of Trump financing each property separately is that when the loan is up, no other assets matter. That's fine if you're willing to flush investments in bankruptcies limiting your exposure to just that one deal, but it also means that the lender won't give you credit for the cash flows of other properties (if any such actually exist).

In the 80's Trump was still snowing investors/lenders with his braggadocio, while not personally guaranteeing the deals...so when they went south, the investors and lenders took a bath...and Trump then claimed the tax loss! (the laws no longer allow this). The issue with the $70+ million deduction he took that is what has kept him locked in battle with the IRS is that he went beyond what those laws actually allowed when he refinanced the properties and kept an interest ongoing instead of the total loss required. Oops, too aggressive. He's eventually going to have to cough that up. In the meantime, his lawyers are making serious bank.

By the end of the '80's, the investors/lenders with an ounce of brains and integrity were enormously PO'd, but had little recourse. But no more dough re me.

Fortunately for Trump, he stumbled into a venture that rewarded the braggadocio, TV, and began to generate some cash again. Kept him afloat, but it was something of a Ponzi scheme, in one door out the other, while maintaining a false image of success. But the bankers didn't forget.

But fortunately for Trump, he had long established relationships with the shadiest of shady international money sources, particularly Russian mob, so he recognized that he could be 'of service' to these and other such folks to help them 'move' and/or 'launder' their cash. Deutsche Banc became only one such funnel.

Trump's problem now is that he apparently went on the loans personally, and unless he can continue to be 'of service' to the lenders, they're looking at capturing what value they can when the loans come due, before the next tough guy gets his. Trump doesn't have enough to cover it all, and many of the properties are bleeding badly. So, the lenders won't want to be the last ones in the game of musical chairs without a chair.

BTW, Kushner has many of the same problems. It's undoubtedly why he couldn't get clearances, and why Kelly was so PO'd when Trump over rode him and the IC.

But....hold onto the Presidency and Trump and Kushner can continue to be "of service" in ways beyond the property interests.
there are a lot of people out there that know a lot more than moi about real estate, and you are one of them....
but you're old enough to remember the guys in md/dc that pers guaranteed loans in the development bus in the 90s and mid-2000s. with the thought "wt-f did he do that for?"

some got slammed. others came out smelling like a rose.

trump - just an observation - has given himself a lot of credit for coming out smelling like a rose. his lucky charm may run out some day, and soon, but that's a bet i wouldn't make.
Trump has not come out smelling like a rose. That’s why he only has two lenders. One of the NY Banks does some wealth management for the family. Trump has managed to stave off his creditors. He may be able to get something done but at much higher rates. Trump is on record for saying he values his assets by gut and what he thinks they are worth. What he says he is worth and what appraisals show are two different things.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/a ... at-bayrock
and yet he's had multiple bankruptcies and is president of the united states.

we all can have a definition.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 pm

"Republicans elected a welfare queen. A broke taxcheat with 5 kids from 3 wives living in public housing."

Sometimes I really wonder if you're in business and not some radical lefty professor.

He is personally guaranteed on $429 million, on assets conservatively worth $2.5 billion (and that's the conservative estimate...others have them pegged north of $5 billion; that is net of total debt of $1 billion). This is hardly a workout scenario.

Real estate owners constantly remortgage properties and take on higher debt so as to get tax free income; I do it myself with a hotel property in the northeast. Lenders lend based on assets and cash flow; 'Trump Inc.' as constituted today is perfectly fine. These loans will roll over with zero problems. And if even Ladder Cap wouldn't touch them, there are dozens of other lenders willing to step in and get that yield that Trump would need to pay if Ladder and DB balked.
BS estimates of Trump's worth. I would be surprised if his actual net worth is more than a couple of hundred million.

Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

And no, those loans will not roll over with no problems UNLESS Trump is still president, and then the ask will be large for Trump - and potentially dangerous for the USA.

I thought you were in the air services business. What the heck are you holding hotel real estate for? No wonder you are so desperate for "opening" the country up...
ahhh, good catch.
That does explain PB's desperation. Needs Ron ohh so badly...wonder when his loans are coming due and whether he's personally guaranteed...

Yup, what Petey also doesn't seem to understand is that the downside of Trump financing each property separately is that when the loan is up, no other assets matter. That's fine if you're willing to flush investments in bankruptcies limiting your exposure to just that one deal, but it also means that the lender won't give you credit for the cash flows of other properties (if any such actually exist).

In the 80's Trump was still snowing investors/lenders with his braggadocio, while not personally guaranteeing the deals...so when they went south, the investors and lenders took a bath...and Trump then claimed the tax loss! (the laws no longer allow this). The issue with the $70+ million deduction he took that is what has kept him locked in battle with the IRS is that he went beyond what those laws actually allowed when he refinanced the properties and kept an interest ongoing instead of the total loss required. Oops, too aggressive. He's eventually going to have to cough that up. In the meantime, his lawyers are making serious bank.

By the end of the '80's, the investors/lenders with an ounce of brains and integrity were enormously PO'd, but had little recourse. But no more dough re me.

Fortunately for Trump, he stumbled into a venture that rewarded the braggadocio, TV, and began to generate some cash again. Kept him afloat, but it was something of a Ponzi scheme, in one door out the other, while maintaining a false image of success. But the bankers didn't forget.

But fortunately for Trump, he had long established relationships with the shadiest of shady international money sources, particularly Russian mob, so he recognized that he could be 'of service' to these and other such folks to help them 'move' and/or 'launder' their cash. Deutsche Banc became only one such funnel.

Trump's problem now is that he apparently went on the loans personally, and unless he can continue to be 'of service' to the lenders, they're looking at capturing what value they can when the loans come due, before the next tough guy gets his. Trump doesn't have enough to cover it all, and many of the properties are bleeding badly. So, the lenders won't want to be the last ones in the game of musical chairs without a chair.

BTW, Kushner has many of the same problems. It's undoubtedly why he couldn't get clearances, and why Kelly was so PO'd when Trump over rode him and the IC.

But....hold onto the Presidency and Trump and Kushner can continue to be "of service" in ways beyond the property interests.
there are a lot of people out there that know a lot more than moi about real estate, and you are one of them....
but you're old enough to remember the guys in md/dc that pers guaranteed loans in the development bus in the 90s and mid-2000s. with the thought "wt-f did he do that for?"

trump - just an observation - has given himself a lot of credit for coming out smelling like a rose. his lucky charm may run out some day, and soon, but that's a bet i wouldn't make.
Trump has not come out smelling like a rose. That’s why he only has two lenders. One of the NY Banks does some wealth management for the family. Trump has managed to stave off his creditors. He may be able to get something done but at much higher rates. Trump is on record for saying he values his assets by gut and what he thinks they are worth. What he says he is worth and what appraisals show are two different things.

Yes. I meant from a financing perspective. He has done relatively well for himself. Many would argue that he would be far wealthier if he just invested his inheritance into an index fund. He has managed not to lose it all.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

* in spite of

ftfy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

Didn't you accost me yesterday for posting "unsupported speculation. Not a whit of real evidence?" as fact?

Yet you do it here.

So I was right- you don't REALLY care about speculation, just the target of it.

Practice what you preach, big guy.

Red’s post is junk. Straight up. I don’t care what Trump’s assets are worth but Mar a Lago has to be over $500,000,000 alone.
Nope, Mar a Lago may be worth $100-150 million at most. Revenues are declining and post election, hoo boy expect big declines. But it has some hard asset, location value, so someone may take it off his hands when push comes to shove.

But hey, he only paid $10 million for it back in 1985, so there's some solace.

There are PB estates selling with 1/4 the acreage for $150 million and worse location.
untrue, $105 millón was a recent record sale, full property, house, etc.
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/2020 ... to-recover

My aunt recently sold a 'small' home there.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

Didn't you accost me yesterday for posting "unsupported speculation. Not a whit of real evidence?" as fact?

Yet you do it here.

Red’s post is junk. Straight up. I don’t care what Trump’s assets are worth but Mar a Lago has to be over $500,000,000 alone.
Nope, Mar a Lago may be worth $100-150 million at most. Revenues are declining and post election, hoo boy expect big declines. But it has some hard asset, location value, so someone may take it off his hands when push comes to shove.

There are PB estates selling with 1/4 the acreage for $150 million and worse location.

I’m thinking of Ken Griffin who’s assembled via a few purchases a property where he’s now spent $250 million for 10 acres. Trump has 20 or 24 acres at a great location.

But you could be correct. To be honest I haven’t been to PB in a while.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

From the NY Post:

In today's NY Post, ultra-Conservative columnist Michael Goodwin wrote:

Yet the bulk of the blame falls on Trump, who came with a clear plan and executed it flawlessly. Unfortunately, it was a very bad plan.

From the get-go, the president was determined to rattle Biden by being a persistent interrupter, rarely letting the former vice president finish two consecutive sentences. On occasion, his interjections were smart, but mostly, they made him look boorish.

Also in the Post, former editor John Podhoretz wrote:

But the simple fact of the matter is that Trump was incredibly unpleasant to watch, and Biden wasn’t.

It was painful and sordid and cringe-inducing, and that was almost entirely Trump’s doing.
(snip)
And face it: If you didn’t love Trump when the evening started and weren’t already a fan of his WWE approach to politics, there had to be at least one moment, maybe two, when you listened to the leader of the Free World and thought, “What a jerk.”

At The National Review, Kevin D.Williamson wrote:

The debate was a remarkable example of the fact that Donald Trump, the most self-serving man in America, doesn’t know how to do himself any favors.

Also from NR is Jim Geraghty's column:

The debate was bad for Trump... bad for moderator Chris Wallace, bad for the viewers at home, and bad for our system of government. The only people who had a good night were the far-right extremist Proud Boys.

In a year that has been a dumpster fire in so many ways, this debate fit in perfectly.

Here's the rest:
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morn ... ster-fire/

An editorial in The Wall Street Journal:

The benign explanation for the President’s performance is that like other incumbents in their first debates he was overconfident and underprepared. A less benign view is that he grew flustered as the debate went on and lost his cool and whatever focus he had at the start. He was so scattershot with his answers that he rarely offered a sustained case for his own policies. When Mr. Biden said Mr. Trump had called veterans ‘suckers’ and ‘losers,’ Mr. Trump didn’t refute it but brought up Hunter Biden.

A last one from Charles Hurt at The Washington Times:

And this is precisely where Mr. Trump failed Tuesday night.
(snip)
But instead of making his case strategically to the millions of people watching on television, Mr. Trump tried to win the room. The room was nearly empty. Half the crowd was stacked against him. And they were wearing masks. Oh, and ordered not to clap or boo.
Yet he flails away talking about Russia and Hunter Biden and rigged elections like he’s whipping up a crowd at a monster rally with Air Force One behind him.

It's fascinating that there is so much criticism of Trump's performance last night coming from the Establishment Right Wing.

While establishment right wingers condemned tRUMP's stupidity, he still has his defenders on this forum. There is just no question that this guy is one who seeks to become a dictator and to have the world knuckle under to him. In a democracy (or in a republic) this just doesn't work.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Hail the Dictator:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Yet you do it here.

Can you try replying, just once, with little to no pronouns. please.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Yet you do it here.

Hey, any time you (pronoun) decide to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, please alert us (pronoun).

BTW, I (pronoun) think you meant first person personal pronoun. I (yes, that's 1st person) share whatever personal context I (again) have for an opinion, rather than just spouting off incoherently and without context.

Don't read my posts if you don't care about what I say.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Yet you do it here.

Hey, any time you (pronoun) decide to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, please alert us (pronoun).

BTW, I (pronoun) think you meant first person personal pronoun. I (yes, that's 1st person) share whatever personal context I (again) have for an opinion, rather than just spouting off incoherently and without context.

problem IS.....you don't SAY anything. mostly brag or autobiographile.....you'll nevah understand.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Yet you do it here.

MD anybody that wants to get in to a grammer debate with you is barking up the wrong tree.
:)

I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:52 am

Yet you do it here.

MD anybody that wants to get in to a grammer debate with you is barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not sure why he picked a grammar fight with you. I know you take great pain to be meticulous in your word structure. I may disagree with your content but you are grammatically perfect. Dammit.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 pm

ahhh, good catch.

Didn't the previous President use RUNNING for POTUSA as experience to be qualified to be POTUSA? So far, the clan Obama has used its new found wealth to only enrich themselves.....hiring no one. Starting zero business'. PLEASE....investigate Donald after he leaves office. As long as you are OK with investigating how all these ex-politicians are getting the fake book sales and multi million dollar advancements.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 pm * in spite of

ftfy
statiscally, tRump is in the 25% of those that have kept their inheritence. 75% of trust funders lose it all. Kind of a fact. Just ask any of the Kennedy's. Teddy had to take a loan out to fund his last US Senate race. Used the Virginia property to secure credit.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:52 am

Yet you do it here.

I'm not sure why he picked a grammar fight with you. I know you take great pain to be meticulous in your word structure. I may disagree with your content but you are grammatically perfect. Dammit.
I, mostly, misspell on purpose.....to annoy the annoying. The begging to stop using pronouns is a cry for the vanity to stop.
I, me, I, me. Strange need to tell us all about who he is, who he knows. After all, who doesn't tell their sons it's super important to own a TUX, just in case, you never know. He awtta take a drive to Hagerstown and Cumberland, give that same advise to HIGH school kids there. :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Six year anniversary:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 3056359424

There's always a badly aged tweet, when you're a moron.

Looks like the ACB Coming Out party was a super-spreader event. A President and First Lady, two GOP Senators, WH Staff members and the President's campaign manager.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Turns out we can thank KAC's daughter for blowing up her mom's spot again, otherwise we wouldn't have got that additional info; apparently she spent the whole day with her mom without her mom telling her. Transparency indeed.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Catbird wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:04 am Turns out we can thank KAC's daughter for blowing up her mom's spot again, otherwise we wouldn't have got that additional info; apparently she spent the whole day with her mom without her mom telling her. Transparency indeed.
How can anyone trust these people to count hands for another beer during the commercial break? The stupidity is really mind-blowing.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:12 am
Catbird wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:04 am Turns out we can thank KAC's daughter for blowing up her mom's spot again, otherwise we wouldn't have got that additional info; apparently she spent the whole day with her mom without her mom telling her. Transparency indeed.
How can anyone trust these people to count hands for another beer during the commercial break? The stupidity is really mind-blowing.
Correction - apparently LIED to her own daughter about being negative; then they spent the whole day together.

Return to “POLITICS”