All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

PizzaSnake

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

So, what viral load does this vaccine deliver? First dose dose?
Second dose? Why was the amount reduced?

All you studs go right out and get this and be sure to report back.

Gonna suck when you realize the protection is evanescent as the morning dew.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.c ... aches.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm So, what viral load does this vaccine deliver? First dose dose?

i'll let you know.
you don't know what the viral load reduction is or why the amount was reduced, but you know the protection is "evanescent"? i don't know what evanescent means, but it sounds bad.

what is your solution? we've been trying to find out some of them on here for awhile.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Coronaviruses that circulate in the human population tend to induce limited duration immune protection. This is another Coronavirus. Since there gave been documented cases of re-infection, I’m betting this is similar.

Now, what the date of reinfection is remains to be seen; also the true mortality rate.

Thanks to the idiot-in-chief, we don’t really know jacks—t.

So, my plan is to stay away from likely vectors, i.e., other humans as best I can while we gain some “herd knowledge”. You want to or need to rush out and resume “normal” lives, boozing and football, have at it. I’m going to exercise some prudent restraint and let the “crash test dummies” amongst the population provide some data points.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:59 pm Coronaviruses that circulate in the human population tend to induce limited duration immune protection. This is another Coronavirus. Since there gave been documented cases of re-infection, I’m betting this is similar.

Now, what the date of reinfection is remains to be seen; also the true mortality rate.

So, my plan is to stay away from likely vectors, i.e., other humans as best I can while we gain some “herd knowledge”. You want to or need to rush out and resume “normal” lives, boozing and football, have at it. I’m going to exercise some prudent restraint and let the “crash test dummies” amongst the population provide some data points.
ok, this is tough to discern from the above, but... the solution advised is to not take a vaccine? then what? what's the timetable? my understanding is you don't truly know the efficacy and safety of vaccines for years. what kind of stretch are you looking at for that solution?

why don't we just steal answers to your questions from all the other countries if we have this idiot in charge of providing them here? we can use those answers, can't we?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:59 pm Coronaviruses that circulate in the human population tend to induce limited duration immune protection. This is another Coronavirus. Since there gave been documented cases of re-infection, I’m betting this is similar.

I spent a summer interning at GM years and years ago. I was able to watch crash test dummies at 30 MPH. I have never left a parked position without a seatbelt.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:32 pm

I spent a summer interning at GM years and years ago. I was able to watch crash test dummies at 30 MPH. I have never left a parked position without a seatbelt.
When I was in fifth or sixth grade growing up in MI, we had a field trip to Lansing to see the state house, and also visited the Michigan State Police headquarters there. They had a demo device (seat belts had only been required for a few years) that had a ramp, and a sliding bench seat like in cars at that time, with lap belts. They could use a crank to lift the seat up the ramp, and then you could climb in and get belted in. They would release the seat, and it was designed to hit the end of the ramp at 5 mph.

Pretty convincing demo to induce you to wear seatbelts...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2020926

just in time. nejm joining into the mandatory vaccine discussion. virginia already kicked it off, not sure where they are with it now. they can't be the only state. this should be fun. if trump wins re-election, i can write the stories now (and comment sections) about him telling the governors what to do here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:19 pm So, what viral load does this vaccine deliver? First dose dose?

Yuck, sounds like the side effects are going to discourage a lot of folks.

These people are saying it's 'worth it'
IF
it keeps them from getting COVID.

But that IF better be substantial protection...the 50% effective bar being set for approval ain't gonna be persuasive for lots of folks.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 pm https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2020926

just in time. nejm joining into the mandatory vaccine discussion. virginia already kicked it off, not sure where they are with it now. they can't be the only state. this should be fun. if trump wins re-election, i can write the stories now (and comment sections) about him telling the governors what to do here.
An interesting time. Politics don’t help with public confidence particularly from someone that has 0 interest in anyone other than himself. I know he’s just the president, but unfortunately it’s an influence for better or for worse.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:07 pm

IF

But that IF better be substantial protection...the 50% effective bar being set for approval ain't gonna be persuasive for lots of folks.
Sounds like the flu vaccine side effects that many experience.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:10 pm

IF

hmmm, sounds worse to me, but I hope you're correct.

Pity we can't trust our political leadership to tell us the truth and not to override the scientists and public health experts.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sounds worse to me, too. Never heard of high fever with the flu shot.

I got the new shingles vaccine a couple of years ago, the two shot deal. Never had gotten the earlier generation version.

With the first shot, my arm was a good bit sorer than for a normal flu shot. Had a weird, small outbreak on my chest which looked like shingles, I guess.

With the second shot, I felt like I had the flu the following day. Achy, feverish (didn’t take my temperature), just generally punk. I’m sure I didn’t have a high fever though. By the day after that, I was fine. I’ve spoken to quite a few people who have had this shingles shot(s). Been told of a variety of different experiences.

I’ve also had the two step pneumonia vaccine for seniors. Don’t remember the first one being a problem at all. I did have a stronger reaction to the second one, though. But nothing like the reaction I had for my second shingles shot.

I’ll get the COVID vaccine, but I’m not going to be first in line.
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:10 pm

IF

Sounds like the shingles vaccine side effects as well.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:32 pm

... is that where you first met Peanut Butters? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:39 pm Sounds worse to me, too. Never heard of high fever with the flu shot.

I got the new shingles vaccine a couple of years ago, the two shot deal. Never had gotten the earlier generation version.

With the first shot, my arm was a good bit sorer than for a normal flu shot. Had a weird, small outbreak on my chest which looked like shingles, I guess.

With the second shot, I felt like I had the flu the following day. Achy, feverish (didn’t take my temperature), just generally punk. I’m sure I didn’t have a high fever though. By the day after that, I was fine. I’ve spoken to quite a few people who have had this shingles shot(s). Been told of a variety of different experiences.

I’ve also had the two step pneumonia vaccine for seniors. Don’t remember the first one being a problem at all. I did have a stronger reaction to the second one, though. But nothing like the reaction I had for my second shingles shot.

I'm sitting on my shingles shot 'script, didnt want to do add to many things to the current mix. I'll get it done at some point and the CV19 as well, but not when Petey thinks he's getting it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:05 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:39 pm Sounds worse to me, too. Never heard of high fever with the flu shot.

I'm sitting on my shingles shot 'script, didnt want to do add to many things to the current mix. I'll get it done at some point and the CV19 as well, but not when Petey thinks he's getting it.

I’d like to go first.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Hope Hicks is positive for the virus.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm Hope Hicks is positive for the virus.

Democrats and media are giddy hoping she dies.

Of course the likelihood of her even being symptomatic is less than 1%; the likelihood of her dying is less than 0.00004%.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Reminder: SARS-CoV-2 is not like the various viruses known colloquially as the “flu.”

It is a coronavirus, and, those tend to re-infect
with a disturbing regularity. In fact, pretty often.

https://www.livescience.com/seasonal-co ... ction.html
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:37 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:05 pm

I’d like to go first.
Knock yourself out.

Return to “POLITICS”